GDT: Paris Olympics 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I am mad at the rapist being in the Olympics. I’m Dutch it’s such an embarrassment. Not what we are talking about though but like I said you love dancing around things.
There’s a certain irony in you deciding what gender she is. Never mind that sort of thing is illegal in her home country.

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Oh, so literally everything else is ignored about her in favour of that one thing. Interesting. She was born a girl, grew up a girl, became a woman, fought against other women, and defeated a woman.

Weird how this wasn't brought up at the 2020 Olympics when she competed against, and lost to, other women.
if you think having more testosterone is insignificant, then you're being naïve
I'm not angry about her being able to compete...I'm simply saying of course it's gonna hurt more lol

Reactions: rhino71

phrenssoa

Nov 21, 2014
Winnipeg
He is also not being honest. That boxer wasnt born a 'girl'.
He also doesnt acknowledge that the IOC changed their standard for such things since the last Olympics.
Since when do we look at anything other than genitals to determine someone’s biological sex? Let me ask you this: If your kid was born with chromosomal abnormalities, but with female genitalia and reproductive organs, would you consider them a boy and enrol them in male sport programs?

This is not a black and white issue. Where does someone like Imane Khelif belong in competition if they can’t compete against men or women? Do we just ban them from all sports? It’s not like this woman is the Mike Tyson of female boxing either. She didn’t win anything in the last Olympics, so all of this outrage feels very exaggerated.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Since when do we look at anything other than genitals to determine someone’s biological sex? Let me ask you this: If your kid was born with chromosomal abnormalities, but with female genitalia and reproductive organs, would you consider them a boy and enrol them in male sport programs?

This is not a black and white issue. Where does someone like Imane Khelif belong in competition if they can’t compete against men or women? Do we just ban them from all sports? It’s not like this woman is the Mike Tyson of female boxing either. She didn’t win anything in the last Olympics, so all of this outrage feels very exaggerated.
That’s a very fair point.

Reactions: Barrsy

grego

Jan 12, 2005
Saskatchewan
If a woman with too much testosterone is allowed to compete then we need to restore the record of all athletes that were using steroids that are essentially artificial steroids agasint men.

They were wrongly stolen of their wins due to a meaninglines thing. Elevated levels of testosterone with other various things.

The international sports are the ones that pushed to make a lot of cough medicines illegal for hockey and many other things so either stick to your extreme rules and be consistent. Or make a free for all category, or whatever you propose for a fair agreement.

It seems far too political to have a few specific cases being tolerated like this

Reactions: oilers'72

phrenssoa

Nov 21, 2014
Winnipeg
If a woman with too much testosterone is allowed to compete then we need to restore the record of all athletes that were using steroids that are essentially artificial steroids agasint men.

They were wrongly stolen of their wins due to a meaninglines thing. Elevated levels of testosterone with other various things.

The international sports are the ones that pushed to make a lot of cough medicines illegal for hockey and many other things so either stick to your extreme rules and be consistent. Or make a free for all category, or whatever you propose for a fair agreement.

It seems far too political to have a few specific cases being tolerated like this
Or how about we strip all of the athletes who have been proven to have biological advantages over their peers of their medals? We can introduce different categories in every sport for different weights, different heights, different lactic acid production levels, different testosterone levels, etc. I think that’s just as logical.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Gopper

Sep 5, 2005
Is there a source on this?

Everything that I’ve read indicates that people with this type of genetic disorder do not have functioning ovaries or testes. They have what’s called gonadal streaks.

I don’t mean to be confrontational, I’m just honestly curious.
They haven't released the medical testing done on this athlete. But one can assume if she has a history of high testosterone, which has been reported, and her gender exam came back XY, which has been alluded to. Then she has a high likelihood of having 5ARD, which means her body is missing a protein that makes the boy parts grow. So they present as female at birth but they have the male plumbing inside and go through male puberty.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
They haven't released the medical testing done on this athlete. But one can assume if she has a history of high testosterone, which has been reported, and her gender exam came back XY, which has been alluded to. Then she has a high likelihood of having 5ARD, which means her body is missing a protein that makes the boy parts grow. So they present as female at birth but they have the male plumbing inside and go through male puberty.

Interesting cause everything that I’ve read about it points to Swyer syndrome which indicates that she would have ovaries (or testes) that are non functioning, and female genitalia.

The more you know I guess.

Gopper

Sep 5, 2005
Interesting cause everything that I’ve read about it points to Swyer syndrome which indicates that she would have ovaries (or testes) that are non functioning, and female genitalia.

The more you know I guess.
None of us know for sure. But if it was Swyer syndrome then it is very unlikely they would have been disqualified from the previous boxing events because as you said, the male parts are non functioning and they wouldn't produce the high testosterone levels. And I believe Algeria said she was originally disqualified from the boxing events because of high testosterone levels, not a failed gender test.

Khelif likely has 5-ARD (like semenya) or XY AIS.

Reactions: Ninety7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium