GDT: Paris Olympics 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Why is the chromosome makeup more important than the other biological factors?

Why wasn't this an issue 4 years ago when she competed?
Why has the IOC moved away from a cut and dried standard like chromosones?
Its a very good question and I strongly suspect that its likely ideological/political pressure that caused this change.

Its a mistake because where there was prevoiusly no grey area there is now a massive grey area.
They have essentially gone from an objective standard to a totally subjective standard.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
It is, they entered Olympic boxing, apparently expecting they wouldn't be hit in the face, then cried about being hit in the face. It's really quite pathetic.
That's the thing that gets me. Your sport literally only involves getting punched. You're at the pinnacle of the world, did you not think other women would hit hard? It's like being upset that the sprinkler made you wet.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
That's the thing that gets me. Your sport literally only involves getting punched. You're at the pinnacle of the world, did you not think other women would hit hard? It's like being upset that the sprinkler made you wet.
Like if they cried because they were hurt and realized they make a massive mistake, basically leading with their chin and having their hands down, and just failing hard, that's fine.

I've seen that with the various Canadian athletes who feel they failed in a big spot, there's no shame in that legit sadness, this is a HUGE moment for their careers, their lives.

But just crying not fair because lost bad is truly pathetic.

Ooh my gif didn’t work I “failed so hard.” You got me!

I’m not trying to be noble. You commenting on fighters crying despite being an internet jelly fish is flat out hilarious to me.
No the reason they're crying, not the crying itself.

subnet

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Nov 6, 2005
PacNW
NBC is doing their usual "American athletes and their main rivals are the only ones that exist" thing in the evening prime-time slot. However, the online content has been extensive and one can watch almost any event live or on demand.

It's insane - the complete sensationalism of the gymnastics and swimming events is painfully irritating to say the least. Announcers gushing over Simone Biles (sorry, I apparently have to call her the GOAT) and others like they've cured cancer, diabetes and are close to world peace.

Reactions: oilers'72

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Like if they cried because they were hurt and realized they make a massive mistake, basically leading with their chin and having their hands down, and just failing hard, that's fine.

I've seen that with the various Canadian athletes who feel they failed in a big spot, there's no shame in that legit sadness, this is a HUGE moment for their careers, their lives.

But just crying not fair because lost bad is truly pathetic.

No the reason they're crying, not the crying itself.
Yeah I don't get it. Oh well, in a few days it will be completely forgotten about as the world turns whether we like it or not.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Yeah I don't get it. Oh well, in a few days it will be completely forgotten about as the world turns whether we like it or not.
Apparently the Italian box has since apologized, so that's a step. Either way, the video is stunning, they just get rocked so hard. lol.

Yes, I'm sure the woman with 108 boxing fights was expecting she wouldn't get hit in the face.
Sure seemed to be the reaction.

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Apparently the Italian box has since apologized, so that's a step. Either way, the video is stunning, they just get rocked so hard. lol.

Sure seemed to be the reaction.
getting hit by a biological male is vastly different then getting hit by a biological female

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
getting hit by a biological male is vastly different then getting hit by a biological female
Weird, I could've sworn people born with vaginas were women. Oh I'm just not keeping up anymore...

It’s more like if you expected to get wet from a sprinkler but it was replaced with a fire hose.
Again, you're at the peak of the world. You're facing the best of the best. It's like getting to the SCF and expecting the opponent to be some afterthought.

Reactions: luiginb

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Weird, I could've sworn people born with vaginas were women. Oh I'm just not keeping up anymore...

Again, you're at the peak of the world. You're facing the best of the best. It's like getting to the SCF and expecting the opponent to be some afterthought.
It’s not even close to the same. It would be like the PWHL having to play an NHL team in the finals. Then being like “whaaat you weren’t prepared for that?”

Reactions: rhino71

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
she was born with xy chromosomes, and produces more testosterone than "normal" females
(see post 367)
yes, try and keep up ;)
Oh, so literally everything else is ignored about her in favour of that one thing. Interesting. She was born a girl, grew up a girl, became a woman, fought against other women, and defeated a woman.

Weird how this wasn't brought up at the 2020 Olympics when she competed against, and lost to, other women.

It’s not even close to the same. It would be like the PWHL having to play an NHL team in the finals. Then being like “whaaat you weren’t prepared for that?”
What happens when you box other people? Do you get punched in the face? Sometimes you lose against someone who's better than you. Block your face next time if you don't want it to be punched.

Reactions: Barrsy

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Oh, so literally everything else is ignored about her in favour of that one thing. Interesting. She was born a girl, grew up a girl, became a woman, fought against other women, and defeated a woman.

Weird how this wasn't brought up at the 2020 Olympics when she competed against, and lost to, other women.

What happens when you box other people? Do you get punched in the face? Sometimes you lose against someone who's better than you. Block your face next time if you don't want it to be punched.
Lol sure keep dancing around the obvious issue here.

Reactions: rhino71

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Lol sure keep dancing around the obvious issue here.
Right, I forgot we live in the era where anyone with a keyboard knows better than people who worked their entire lives towards a particular dream.

Be madder at the rapist in the Olympics than this. At least it's a healthier usage of emotions.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
He is also not being honest. That boxer wasnt born a 'girl'.
He also doesnt acknowledge that the IOC changed their standard for such things since the last Olympics.
Thanks for proving my point about the whole internet experts thing. Spawn said it best so I might as well repost it on his behalf.
Y’all need to stop acting like you know what you’re actually talking about lmao

The athlete in question was born female, was raised as a girl and has always competed against other women including in the 2020 Olympics.

Being politically correct has nothing to do with it. This is not a trans athlete. She’s passed all requirements to participate in the Olympics. The organization that banned her had its authority removed because it’s a Russian shill organization.

Stop posting misinformation.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Right, I forgot we live in the era where anyone with a keyboard knows better than people who worked their entire lives towards a particular dream.

Be madder at the rapist in the Olympics than this. At least it's a healthier usage of emotions.
I am mad at the rapist being in the Olympics. I’m Dutch it’s such an embarrassment. Not what we are talking about though but like I said you love dancing around things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium