OT: Paris Olympics 2024 - Jeux de la XXXIIIe Olympiade Thread

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Anyone complaining about that Algerian boxer is a moron. She doesn’t even have that good of a record. People were fine when it was Michael Phelps dominating every single swimming event for years despite his genetic advantages. Now all of a sudden it’s an issue because an Italian lost another fight (exactly what they are used to)

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Anyone complaining about that Algerian boxer is a moron. She doesn’t even have that good of a record. People were fine when it was Michael Phelps dominating every single swimming event for years despite his genetic advantages. Now all of a sudden it’s an issue because an Italian lost another fight (exactly what they are used to)
What are you talking about?

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
What I am saying is that there is no comparison. Phelps may have had a genetic advantage but he is a man competing in a man's sport. Algerian boxer has male chromosones - should not be in a woman's competition.
Someone should test them all for being aliens. Btw, track and field started. There are some nice sights there.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
What I am saying is that there is no comparison. Phelps may have had a genetic advantage but he is a man competing in a man's sport. Algerian boxer has male chromosones - should not be in a woman's competition.
She’s not a man. Get over it.

Phelps has a longer torso to generate power, produces less lactic acid than other athletes which means he tires less quickly. He also has a hyper-jointed chest and double-jointed ankles which help him produce that flipper motion. But sure, no advantage at all.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
IMG-4461.gif

Reactions: Skip Bayless

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

Phelps has a longer torso to generate power, produces less lactic acid than other athletes which means he tires less quickly. He also has a hyper-jointed chest and double-jointed ankles which help him produce that flipper motion. But sure, no advantage at all.
Who the hell cares about Phelps. He was born that way. That is a legitimate advantage. That Algerisn may not be a man but should not be able to compete against women.

Yet is biologically female. Their biological sex is female. They compete as a female. It's a non issue.
would you want a female relative to be competing against them in a sport like boxing?

• Haha
Reactions: Natey

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Who the hell cares about Phelps. He was born that way. That is a legitimate advantage. That Algerisn may not be a man but should not be able to compete against women.

would you want a female relative to be competing against them in a sport like boxing?

She was born that way too, she never had any control over a genetic anomaly.

In any case it's hard to argue that having XY chromosome allowed her to dominate her sport since she's not dominating female boxing.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
She was born that way too, she never had any control over a genetic anomaly.

In any case it's hard to argue that having XY chromosome allowed her to dominate her sport since she's not dominating female boxing.
I don't know the specific situation so in this case it might be not be a problem.. In any event the Olympics are a farce. Chinese athletes are likely doping ad getting away with it. IOC will kiss ass anywhere that makes them money.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Yes, I would have no problem with my female relative boxing another female.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Genetics also give size and strength advantage, should we ban people that exceed certain height or strength because they have very rare genetics advantage compared to average human?
Dude you completely missed the point of the question lol. I'm talking about doping.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
The US got destroyed. Loved reading some comments about how it there were different senior players for the US, it'd be right.

Like, yeah and? If Morocco could call other senior guys, the US still wouldn't be favorites. Morocco's a better side at the senior level and at U-23. The backlines and goalie at the senior level aren't remotely comparable and that's without going into adding Brahim Diaz, etc.

It would be even harder for team USA because, other than Hakimi, no one on this team is good enough to be a starter on the regular squad. However, we never know in football, it's played on the field not on paper.

We don't even have a full young squad, we had to play with a CDM as a CB, which is really risky, since our best young defenceman, Chadi Riad (21 years old) his team wouldn't let him go to the Olympics. Against Spain, it may be a problem...

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Yes, I would have no problem with my female relative boxing another female.
Assuming she is a female. Apparently she was born with the anomaly so if she meets IOC requirments fine. Of course the IOC is a rotten to the core group so who knows what they require and if they even make sure every one meets requirements.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON

I agree that genetics plays a role, certainly advantages to olympic athletes over everyone else...
Thing is, in the world of sports we had to draw a line between men and women, otherwise 99.9% of all olympic medals would be won by men, and this includes the balance beam and uneven bars.
Can you imagine all the swimming events... whos Summer Macintosh l? She wouldnt even be there....

Its very simple biology: a woman has XX chromosomes and a man has XY

How they live their life is completely up to them. The Algerian boxer has XY chromosome, which was why "she" was barred from IBC female boxing..

I actually feel sorry for the Algerian boxer as i believe she has lived her whole life as a girl.. problem is, with her genetics shes a pretty good local club boxer at best... if anything, the olympics should have an "open" event, for any/all qualifiers, kind of like a farm league level... make it coed, anything goes... i think it would be a hit with the viewership!

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Its very simple biology: a woman has XX chromosomes and a man has XY

Girls with Swyer syndrome have an XY chromosomal makeup (as boys normally do) instead of an XX chromosomal makeup (as girls normally do). Despite having the XY chromosomal makeup, girls with Swyer syndrome look female and have functional female genitalia and structures including a vagina, uterus and fallopian tubes.

She is a woman. The IBA CEO made an arbitrary decision on his own after she beat a Russian boxer. It’s a corrupt organization. It would be akin to banning a boxer because they have abnormally long arms.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I get so pumped for Summer McIntosh races. So seldom does Canada have an athlete that is so freaking dominant. She’s only 17, f***ing incredible. I can’t wait for her race today.

I’m not sure what age swimmers typically peak, but I’m guessing 17 isn’t it. She is a superstar.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

Girls with Swyer syndrome have an XY chromosomal makeup (as boys normally do) instead of an XX chromosomal makeup (as girls normally do). Despite having the XY chromosomal makeup, girls with Swyer syndrome look female and have functional female genitalia and structures including a vagina, uterus and fallopian tubes.

She is a woman. The IBA CEO made an arbitrary decision on his own after she beat a Russian boxer. It’s a corrupt organization. It would be akin to banning a boxer because they have abnormally long arms.
The IOC is a corrupt scum organization too.

Reactions: The Real Timo

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 3