OT: Paris Olympics 2024 - Jeux de la XXXIIIe Olympiade Thread

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Not enough information to say either way. The IBA banned her last year for failing a sex eligibility test, without elaborating what that entailed. We just know that her testosterone levels were not checked.

I've hear everything from Klinefelter Syndrome to Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome to 5-AR Deficiency. I do know that she destroyed that poor Italian athlete in under 45 seconds.
That's not relevant to the discussion tough. FAA just got destroyed. It happens.

Last edited:

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Did she? When?
That's the thing, she didn't, and according to what I know, she has no reason to, without even going into the fact she's an Algerian national.
(I wasn't trying to argue with you -- I added up to what you said).

Reactions: windycity

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Trans female athletes in Female sports definitely presents an ethical challenge that's been extremely badly addressed because it was done by agenda pushers and culture warriors... But still, I'd rather not have trans females competing in Female sports, or at least in most of them (I don'T see the issue with, I dunno... shooting?) . I don't know the ideal solution, and I'm not paid to come up with one, so I don't care that much.

The Imane situation is completely different. It's closer to the opposite.
I agree but it's not a case of a trans athlete right? It's a though subject to address. When i was a teenager there was a bearded girl in our school. She was something like 5'10 and 200 pounds. A piece of beef with a beard. Not sure why she did not shave it. But she really was a girl.

Not sure which medical condition she had. She did not have it easy with the bullying obviously. It's hard to take a 17 years old kid like that and tell her you can't compete with women cause you look too much like a man but you can't compete with men cause obviously you're not a man but you can't do special OG either so suck to be you have a nice day.

It's easy behind a keyboard to address the situation as if it is black and white and act cowardly for political reason. But when you have to deal with real humans who are often under the age of 24 and bullied in school it's not as easy. Politic should stay out of this for sure the discussion should remain about the medical condition and science and what do we do with athletes who medically fall between two chairs.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
I agree but it's not a case of a trans athlete right? It's a though subject to address. When i was a teenager there was a bearded girl in our school. She was something like 5'10 and 200 pounds. A piece of beef with a beard. Not sure why she did not shave it. But she really was a girl.

Not sure which medical condition she had. She did not have it easy with the bullying obviously. It's hard to take a 17 years old kid like that and tell her you can't compete with women cause you look too much like a man but you can't compete with men cause obviously you're not a man but you can't do special OG either so suck to be you have a nice day.

It's easy behind a keyboard to address the situation as if it is black and white and act cowardly for political reason. But when you have to deal with real humans who are often under the age of 24 and bullied in school it's not as easy. Politic should stay out of this for sure the discussion should remain about the medical condition and science and what do we do with athletes who medically fall between two chairs.

Indeed.
In fact, Imane Khelif's situation is closer to the total opposite of Lia Thomas' situation than similar to it.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
4-0, awesome !

The US got destroyed. Loved reading some comments about how it there were different senior players for the US, it'd be right.

Like, yeah and? If Morocco could call other senior guys, the US still wouldn't be favorites. Morocco's a better side at the senior level and at U-23. The backlines and goalie at the senior level aren't remotely comparable and that's without going into adding Brahim Diaz, etc.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The Trans athletes in competition is an easy solve, insurance companies underwrite based on biological sex and when we are talking about Trans we are talking about gender identity and not biological sex.

Male and Female in Olympics and competition should be written in as sex at birth. The IOC should create some sub categories of competitions in sport for Trans males and Trans females if we wanted to further be open the way it's been open for paralympic sports etc.

This just seems like an empty right wing talking point to try and garner support for their ignorant musings. No biological male was allowed to compete in a female sport at the Olympics.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
I have probably what is the most stupid question of the day, but.... When there is a female athlete like that with high levels of testosterone due to genetics, how do you make sure she is not increasing her levels even more using HRT or something?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
We should ban people over six feet from playing basketball it's unfair to short people.
I know your joking but on a serious note it is my opinion that the NHL should have never allowed longer sticks for taller than 6'5 players. I'm 5'6 on skate and it has always been a huge disavantage for me and i've seen many less skilled but taller players go further than me because of the size and only the size.

When the NHL took that decision i was like the NBA doesn't bring the net down to accommodate smaller players. Neither are the volleyball net. I remember that picture of Sustr in the middle of the ice trying to poke check someone and extended he was covering almost half the ice. Lukely Sustr had 0 skill he would have been a nightmare with just mediocre skills.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I know your joking but on a serious note it is my opinion that the NHL should have never allowed longer sticks for taller than 6'5 players. I'm 5'6 on skate and it has always been a huge disavantage for me and i've seen many less skilled but taller players go further than me because of the size and only the size.

When the NHL took that decision i was like the NBA doesn't bring the net down to accommodate smaller players. Neither are the volleyball net. I remember that picture of Sustr in the middle of the ice trying to poke check someone and extended he was covering almost half the ice. Lukely Sustr had 0 skill he would have been a nightmare with just mediocre skills.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I have probably what is the most stupid question of the day, but.... When there is a female athlete like that with high levels of testosterone due to genetics, how do you make sure she is not increasing her levels even more using HRT or something?
Hard question to answer unless you are a pro in this field of expertise (i.e. probably nobody here). But in a world where 90% of people think Dr Phil is a real psychologist this will probably never be a healthy debate. I assume a too high level of testosterone is something that can be treated? So do we punish athletes from poor countries cause they can't get the treatment? It's a lot less black and white than most people think imo. There's good documentaries about the subjet of people with xxy and xyy and /rogen insensitivity on youtube. Or you could just ask Dr. Stella Immanuel ;) She knows a thing or two about astral sex ...

• Haha
Reactions: Paddyjack

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
1000012997.png

It's meant as a joke, don't be offended please

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
This just seems like an empty right wing talking point to try and garner support for their ignorant musings. No biological male was allowed to compete in a female sport at the Olympics.

Laurel Hubbard, the NZ weightlifter was a trans woman that competed in the Tokyo Games in 2021. She didn't win though - probably a combination of being middle aged and the decidedly male tendency of racking too much weight for her starting lift 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: LaP

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Genetics also give size and strength advantage, should we ban people that exceed certain height or strength because they have very rare genetics advantage compared to average human?

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Do we have any evidence that the Algerian boxer is trans?

Genetics also give size and strength advantage, should we ban people that exceed certain height or strength because they have very rare genetics advantage compared to average human?

By your logic let's get rid of gender categories.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
By your logic let's get rid of gender categories.
She is not trans.

Nah, by that logic rare genetical conditions like that women boxer (who was born female) are the very rare exception because of genetical deformity and she has every rights to compete against other women. (Like it always has been btw, it's nothing new it just seem like now a political dicussion for some reason)

Unless we also start separating all athletes from their rare genetical conditions.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 2