OT: Paris 2024 Summer Olympics: Games of the XXXIII Olympiad

Schwarbomb

Bob Murray Approved Poster
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
I knew Kerr would pull the plug on Embiid for Bam/AD at some point, he doesn't fit their style. He was trash tonight so deservedly so.

So many brutal TOs by these guys, they should be up by 20.

Reactions: Embiid

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I knew Kerr would pull the plug on Embiid for Bam/AD at some point, he doesn't fit their style. He was trash tonight so deservedly so.

I thought he was damn good defensively in the 2nd run after being terrible in the 1st. But in this matchup, playing him exclusively in the Gobert minutes feels right to me.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
He's playing next to probably the best scorer of all time, but those two step back from the line 3s are a completely different animal. There's just nothing anyone can ever do about that. :laugh:

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
France's reaction after Curry's blitzkrieg..

Weeping_Parisian_from_NARA_Ww2-81.jpg

Schwarbomb

Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Pick an All time NBa starting team. Does anyone not pick Curry for SG?
It's a damn shame Leonard couldn't be there. My all-starter team is LeBron/Curry/Leonard/KD/Davis.

This is a game future NBA fans are going to be looking back on forever. You have 3 top 10-15 guys in history with James/Curry/KD and potentially another top 10 all timer in Wemby.

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
It's a damn shame Leonard couldn't be there. My all-starter team is LeBron/Curry/Leonard/KD/Davis.

This is a game future NBA fans are going to be looking back on forever. You have 3 top 10-15 guys in history with James/Curry/KD and potentially another top 10 all timer in Wemby.
Hey ..what about Embiid 🙄

Schwarbomb

Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Hey ..what about Embiid 🙄
Didn't feel like listing everybody but yeah Embiid is a top 10 center ever. And who knows where guys like Edwards, Booker and Tatum end up. I know we all hate him but you have an all time defensive player in Gobert. It was an amazing collection of talent and accomplishments out there.

Reactions: Tripod and Embiid

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Great game in that I am glad it stayed close most of the game. Lots of sloppy play on both sides but it evened out.

Still crazy given the talent edge the US has over everyone.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
I'm so happy Embiid got a big win out of his career. He might not get any NBA championships but he has this and I'm happy for him. Dude is a beast and even Kerr didn't realize the extent to how he affects ballgames

• Love
Reactions: Rebels57

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Still crazy given the talent edge the US has over everyone.
For now. But Steph/LeBron/KD probably won't be on the next Olympic team. The US will probably still have the edge in depth but now it's looking like they really need the big guns to win this kind of competition. It's not clear that the next generation of "stars" will be good enough. We could probably field 3 teams that would be in medal contention but none of them quite good enough to win.

Reactions: Tripod

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad