Marner Predictions - What Happens Now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What Happens With Marner Now

• Total voters

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
If he stengthened his legs, it would allow him to be more shifty. He wouldnt collapse from the breathe of a nearby defender like he currently does. Though, he could be also collapsing as a choice, to save himself from some minor contact.

Who says his legs are not strong Dr Antro?

Safe to say he’s not going to be ‘bulked up’.
Where does all this stuff come from?

Same old idiots I suppose.... disguising opinions as facts as norm...par for the course.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
They aren’t paying him.

They picked Nylander

I think if they get a whiff that something substantial is possible through the grapevine they’d move off Marner but if options feel limited they’ll lock him up. I don’t think a trade will ultimately materialize because they aren’t in control of the process.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
I think if they get a whiff that something substantial is possible through the grapevine they’d move off Marner but if options feel limited they’ll lock him up. I don’t think a trade will ultimately materialize because they aren’t in control of the process.
Marner is walking.

The Leafs can't sign him.

He's never going to materialize as a playoff threat. So if winning the cup is a goal, then Marner has to go.

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
Marner, 27, tallied 26 goals and 85 points in 69 games last season but managed only one goal and three points in Toronto's first-round loss against the Boston Bruins.

Yawn.

I just don’t like his game when the pressure is high. He consistently underperforms and his very weak perimeter game isn’t useful in the post season.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Guess I’m confused. Isn’t that his job?
Which ‘Insider’ isn’t talking about this stuff?

Reactions: DarkKnight

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
Marner is walking.

The Leafs can't sign him.

He's never going to materialize as a playoff threat. So if winning the cup is a goal, then Marner has to go.
The only way I see him walking is if they can bring in another player that makes them better. Very few options to do that, so I remain fairly confident he will be resigned.

He’s a solid player and I believe he will improve under Berube.

Reactions: Evilhomer

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
The only way I see him walking is if they can bring in another player that makes them better. Very few options to do that, so I remain fairly confident he will be resigned.

He’s a solid player and I believe he will improve under Berube.
Hard pass.

I already told you Marner isn’t a player you win the cup with.

He could help another team but the Leafs aren’t able to win with him.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Guess I’m confused. Isn’t that his job?
Which ‘Insider’ isn’t talking about this stuff?

There’s a different between reporting and upselling and you don’t often hear Dreger talk about other star players quite the same way. Most other guys it’s usually something reasonable will get done yada yada. With Marner it’s high value and stress points for the Leafs to cave.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
There’s a different between reporting and upselling and you don’t often hear Dreger talk about other star players quite the same way. Most other guys it’s usually something reasonable will get done yada yada. With Marner it’s high value and stress points for the Leafs to cave.
He has an affect on the negotiation? Pretty powerful guy.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Who says his legs are not strong Dr Antro?

Same old idiots I suppose.... disguising opinions as facts as norm...par for the course.

The list would be smaller if you listed who says he does have strong legs.

Let's put it this way:
Nylander is one of the shiftiest players in the NHL and one of the absolute best skaters. He was listed at training camp last year as 6' 202 lbs, while Marner was listed at 6' 180 lbs. It's no wonder Nylander can fend off a forechecker with his body strength, while Marner falls from a stiff breeze. Dont believe me, watch game 4. The play by play guy literally wonders out loud if he still has a high ankle sprain because hes flopping around so much.

You're a buff gym guy... you were literally telling everyone about it daily a couple months ago.
Is 20 lbs of mass a big difference for an athlete?

Only 180lbs and shouldnt add muscle because hed be at risk at being an even worse skater (according to NHL.com hes in the bottom 50% in all categories of skating speed?) Definitely sounds like an issue for an 11 million dollar player.

So did he not learn how to skate properly growing up? Or bad genetics? Whats your take Dr. Hellcat?

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
I’d like to direct you all to post #205 of this thread.

A very knowledgeable, absolute stallion of a man posted this tidbit:

And here we are, after reports of the Drai contract - Marners camp, the shill media/reporters and the Marner fan club on this forum beating that drum and normalizing a number way out of the scope of the players value.

Round and round we go ladies and gents.

Even with 100% retention, no one is picking Mitch "cries a lot" Marner over Dra @14M.

Maybe Dubas

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
yeah it's definitely really weird that the Leafs still insist that their number one goal is to prove Mitch Marner is worth his cap hit, but it's also definitely true that they continue to do that (insist that their number one goal is to prove Mitch Marner is worth his cap hit)

• Haha
Reactions: ACC1224

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Just listened to that, didn’t hear anything different than any other ‘Insider’ has reported. Which pry was the ‘shilling’?

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Never forget Dreger saying Barrie is looking for 8x8 on his next extension before he even played a game for Toronto.

Zero reports on that before he was traded to Toronto though.

Leafs will re-sign Mitchy for something like 12.5-13x8 because they are not a serious franchise.

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
Hard pass.

I already told you Marner isn’t a player you win the cup with.

He could help another team but the Leafs aren’t able to win with him.
I know, I responded to your post. Repeating yourself doesn’t make your opinion fact. He’s one of the most talented players in the league, so I suspect most nhl brass would disagree with you too. We’ll see what happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad