OT: Paris 2024 Summer Olympics: Games of the XXXIII Olympiad

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
USA Women just won the first team fencing gold medal in USA history (men or women). Beat Italy who was the #1 ranked team in the world (and defending gold medalists from Tokyo)

Italian fencer tried to stop momentum with the USA needing 2 points to clinch, claimed an issue with her sword and switched to a back-up to basically get a few minutes of stoppage... but the US fencer scored the next 2 points and won gold. (She also won silver individually in the Olympics earlier this week in a USA vs USA final)
Maia Weintraub is from Philly.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Like, I am no race walk judge... but so many of them have both their feet off the ground basically every stride.

Half of them just jog while doing the funny hip thing to throw off the judges aha.

Hell, the wiki for racewalking has a still that shows multiple of them that should be DQ'd lmao.

Basically whoever is the best at pretending not to jog and does not get noticed by the judges is the Gold medalist.

DQ them all.
20k in an hour, these people ain’t f***ing walking

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
I think most people in here know i'm a former physicist. So i asked a Biologist about this. Teaches at a Mountain West University. This is her direct quote:

"Individuals with XY DsDs are usually born with female-appearing genitalia, which can lead to being sexed as female. They typically have testes (internal), XY sex Chromosomes, Male levels of testosterone and androgen receptors. They experience physical benefits of high testosterone during puberty analogous to male puberty. May be socialized as female. May also be considered female by governments. Will likely identify as female; but biologically are men."

This is the best information i have on the boxing situation. But i don't think there's been any for sure proof that the boxer in question is confirmed XY DSDs. Just giving the two-cents of a person who knows far more about it than I ever will.

Edit: Will also say that since i don't know anything here, i can't advocate to how accurate, politically motivated, this may be. Though i know she was a Sanders fan and Lesbian, so I doubt its coming from a hateful place in any way.
If they want to start banning people for biological advantages, then you might as well say goodbye to Phelps' medals since tests revealed his working muscles produced half as much lactic acid as his competitors, which ACTUALLY gives you a competitive advantage since your muscles wouldn't fatigue nearly as quickly.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Honestly gotta respect the stolen valor.

Speaking of stolen valor, Girl showed me a tweet from Penn St saying "hey America, Mr. Pommel Horse is pretty good, but Mrs. Pommel Horse wasn't so bad herself!!" with pictures of both of them doing gymnastics at Penn St. There's nothing more WE ARE than that. Holy f***

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
If they want to start banning people for biological advantages, then you might as well say goodbye to Phelps' medals since tests revealed his working muscles produced half as much lactic acid as his competitors, which ACTUALLY gives you a competitive advantage since your muscles wouldn't fatigue nearly as quickly.
To be perfectly clear, I have no issue with it. I was just offering a science perspective from a colleague of mine.

I've missed every second of the olympics due to personal schedule, I've basically been limited to the memes of the Turkish hit man.

I just try to allow people to have an open mind from various directions. Except when it comes to my current disdain for Danny B. No open minds allowed, from any direction

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
To be perfectly clear, I have no issue with it. I was just offering a science perspective from a colleague of mine.

I've missed every second of the olympics due to personal schedule, I've basically been limited to the memes of the Turkish hit man.

I just try to allow people to have an open mind from various directions. Except when it comes to my current disdain for Danny B. No open minds allowed, from any direction
No worries dude, I just quoted your post because it highlighted the key fact that this was indeed chromosomal/biological and used it as a piggyback for my point.

Danny's selection of Michkov won't ever fool me again. Dude is a f***ing moron

• Haha
Reactions: Sombastate

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
17 year old Phoebe Gill of GB runs just under 1:59 and comes third in the first 800m heat.

It's so insanely fast at the top level. I think I could go to the track and do two laps in 3 minutes flat... I think.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Team USA vs Puerto Rico in basketball later today.

If a USA chant breaks out, are you cheering for both sides?

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Simone the Queen
flavor-flav-wendy-williams-show.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: