OT: Paris 2024 Summer Olympics: Games of the XXXIII Olympiad

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I think most people in here know i'm a former physicist. So i asked a Biologist about this. Teaches at a Mountain West University. This is her direct quote:

"Individuals with XY DsDs are usually born with female-appearing genitalia, which can lead to being sexed as female. They typically have testes (internal), XY sex Chromosomes, Male levels of testosterone and androgen receptors. They experience physical benefits of high testosterone during puberty analogous to male puberty. May be socialized as female. May also be considered female by governments. Will likely identify as female; but biologically are men."

This is the best information i have on the boxing situation. But i don't think there's been any for sure proof that the boxer in question is confirmed XY DSDs. Just giving the two-cents of a person who knows far more about it than I ever will.

Edit: Will also say that since i don't know anything here, i can't advocate to how accurate, politically motivated, this may be. Though i know she was a Sanders fan and Lesbian, so I doubt its coming from a hateful place in any way.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
It's funny how they have Laurie Hernandez commentate on the gymnastics when it's live, but for the primetime airing, they have the big guns come in and re-commentate it as if it were live.

Not sure where Flava Flav is getting his money from, but good for him
Public Enemy streams and Flava of Love residuals is where i'd imagine it comes from.

Also, lived in Vegas for a while. Absolutely beloved dude around the Hip Hop community here.

Reactions: Rebels57

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It's funny how they have Laurie Hernandez commentate on the gymnastics when it's live, but for the primetime airing, they have the big guns come in and re-commentate it as if it were live.

Not sure where Flava Flav is getting his money from, but good for him

Royalties on records I’d imagine at the least.

He had a nephew or cousin I forget exactly which but a relative nonetheless on Penn State’s basketball team a few years ago. Nobody knew it beforehand but he came to a game there & all the media & such were completely puzzled as to why he would be a Penn State basketball game. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Sombastate

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
Like, I am no race walk judge... but so many of them have both their feet off the ground basically every stride.

Half of them just jog while doing the funny hip thing to throw off the judges aha.

Hell, the wiki for racewalking has a still that shows multiple of them that should be DQ'd lmao.

Basically whoever is the best at pretending not to jog and does not get noticed by the judges is the Gold medalist.

DQ them all.
With all the crazy additions...I would like to propose speed talking..

Dated a few neurotic women in my life that made this guy sound like Stephen Hawking..

Reactions: Appleyard

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Royalties on records I’d imagine at the least.

He had a nephew or cousin I forget exactly which but a relative nonetheless on Penn State’s basketball team a few years ago. Nobody knew it beforehand but he came to a game there & all the media & such were completely puzzled as to why he would be a Penn State basketball game. :laugh:
Now that you mention the Penn State basketball, I do remember that :laugh:

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
This women's all-around is pretty damn tight. Simone is up .166 points heading into the final event. Suni tied for 4th, .34 back of 3rd. They should finish with gold and bronze, but we'll see

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
With all the crazy additions...I would like to propose speed talking..
There was a guy at my college who at lunch, would be rolling off one line after one liner, aka Rodney Dangerfield. Crazy thing was, even though he was always talking, he was also the first to finish his meal l.

Reactions: Embiid

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
USA Women just won the first team fencing gold medal in USA history (men or women). Beat Italy who was the #1 ranked team in the world (and defending gold medalists from Tokyo)

Italian fencer tried to stop momentum with the USA needing 2 points to clinch, claimed an issue with her sword and switched to a back-up to basically get a few minutes of stoppage... but the US fencer scored the next 2 points and won gold. (She also won silver individually in the Olympics earlier this week in a USA vs USA final)

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I love fencing. I've wanted to take it up for years but my schedule doesn't allow any fun. Pumped for that gold.

3s basketball is so terrible. I love it. I think it was a Poland match where either team could have won going down the stretch. Might have been tied. Everyone was taking and blocking the sloppiest shots in basketball history and each team was bricking and rimming the shit out of every shot over and over.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
She hasnt changed sex... and she is not "self-identifying", and almost certainly would be seen as a "woman" in day-to-day life.

I mean, there is a decent chance going off what has been released that she is XX and simply had higher testosterone levels. Since the XY thing is unconfirmed. (and you can be female and XY, XXY or a mosaic! Heck, some people with those traits can have children! you could be married to one and would never know.)

There are rules. The argument is where the line is. Because if testosterone is the line? Then a lot of XX women could be ruled as "not women" too. The IOC do have quite extensive rules in this area that have been quite harsh at times and have some scientific basis.

I do think it is funny that the first time any of this came up in her 5 year boxing career was at an ITA event after she had beaten two Russian athletes... including Russia's top female "hope" in the division! Maybe a coincidence ofc.

It is a nuanced area and some cases... yeh... there is clear "Unfairness" (albeit they are few and far between where very clear-cut)... but put it this way... without a specific test? There is no way to know for sure if YOU (I assume you are male) are XY either.

I mean, to show how nuanced all this is... the first ever woman banned for failing a gender test... well, during the Olympics she missed what did she do? Oh, had a baby.

Wait a minute. All of this is because someone is taking an IBA ruling seriously?!?! :laugh:

I've seen people breaking down the last punch of the fight like it shows some kind of proof. The poor woman threw a wide, flailing hook while presenting her chin and dropping her lead arm. Paulie Malignaggi could have broken the sound barrier with her flying corpse.

Last edited:

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Wait a minute. All of this is because someone is taking an IBA ruling seriously?!?! :laugh:

I've seen people breaking down the last punch of the fight like it shows some kind of proof. The poor woman threw a wide, flailing hook while presenting her chin and dropping her lead arm. Paulie Malignaggi could have broken the sound barrier with her flying corpse.
Like flies on shit, "they" will always screech when it comes to rage bait like this lol

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
Me and my father-in-law here arguing about 3x3 Basketball being totally different sport, haha... And him saying all it would take for any team to win would be to pick Lebron/Doncic/Sabonis

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

The hardest punch she's ever taken came from a 9-5 fighter? That had me wondering if she's the only Italian who wanted to fight in that class. It's ridiculous.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
USA Women just won the first team fencing gold medal in USA history (men or women). Beat Italy who was the #1 ranked team in the world (and defending gold medalists from Tokyo)

Italian fencer tried to stop momentum with the USA needing 2 points to clinch, claimed an issue with her sword and switched to a back-up to basically get a few minutes of stoppage... but the US fencer scored the next 2 points and won gold. (She also won silver individually in the Olympics earlier this week in a USA vs USA final)

That was such f***ing beautiful defense and counter attacking. I was so pumped up

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Not even saying it just because of hockey but I think I’m more inclined to watch random winter based sports in the Olympics over summer based.
I think that's because in general..they show the "weirder" sports in winter than in summer...like Biathalon gets shown regularly now it seems..but you have to go an hunt to find like...archery

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1