Post-Game Talk: Panthers

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
We obviously don't have the talent to win many games against top tier teams. It sucks. It has to be demoralizing.

But would it kill the team to have fun now and then? Or at least try?

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
hot-rod-fall.gif

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
It's getting harder to watch these games considering the circumstances. 7th year now not making the playoffs. I used to remember the memes death, taxes, Wings making the playoffs

Reactions: DamonDRW and GMR

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
If Ed goes back to GR tomorrow, D corps will be really bad. Thought he had some real solid moments tonight.

Maatta and Oesterle a -4, the tank thanks you.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Amazing that this team hasn't had a 40 goal scorer since 2009!!! WTF is up with that?

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Husso is pacing for 61 games this season. Too many. Especially on a bad team. He's never come close to that workload.

I legitimately feel bad for him. Goalies have been known to be head cases, so idk if the Wings are taking the right approach towards his development.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
It's getting harder to watch these games considering the circumstances. 7th year now not making the playoffs. I used to remember the memes death, taxes, Wings making the playoffs

To be fair, what did you expect with what is left on the roster right now? We were struggling before we traded regulars away.

Reactions: dalem177

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Amazing that this team hasn't had a 40 goal scorer since 2009!!! WTF is up with that?

Well to be fair, Datsyuk and Zetterberg were probably the best two-way players in the NHL during their overlapping peak years. We all remember Z's Conn Smythe shift in 07-08. Could they have scored more? Almost certainly. However, that was 07-08. Overwhelming offense from 1-2 players wasn't how Detroit was built back then. They had three legit scoring lines and defenseman that were just as capable offensively to score goals. Then when Datsyuk left and Zetterberg retired, they just didn't have anyone talented enough to score 40 goals even if they only focused on one end of the ice. Hockey is too much of a team sport. You need quality defenseman to put the forwards in advantageous positions. The team just lacks high hockey IQ players.

Reactions: SoupNazi

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Who else will they run out there? It only gets worse if they start anyone else.
Husso is a better goalie than Hellberg, no question, but Husso hasn't performed better than Hellberg for many weeks now. He's probably been worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad