Confirmed with Link: Panthers sign D Adam Boqvist, 1yr, 775k

Beezers Mask

Oct 5, 2021
Can’t complain about this signing or the offseason in general when we take into account that Zito has to deal with the Bob (not his fault) and Knight (his responsibility) contracts.

We have some decent talent to compete for the 4-6 D positions. If Schmidt and Boqvist earn the spots it could allow for some flexibility.

We could go

Mikkola-Boqvist
Schmidt-Kulikov

Or if Boqvist isn’t ready for top 4 minutes

Mikkola-Schmidt
Kulikov-Boqvist

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Boqvist just needs to be healthy and play some games. The guy's had positive reviews and good numbers when healthy. Hasn't had a stable situation through his career.

Basically a free option on a potential high-end puck moving dman. Would be such a Zito thing to solve our long-term RD situation like this if it works out. If it doesn't, we lose nothing.

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
I think that if Aaron Ekblad is back after this coming season, it will be on the third pair and for third pairing money. So, I'm guessing he will not be back.
he might come back. Depends on what he wants. A bigger contract somewhere else or an opportunity to finish his career in Florida like Kulikov is doing. Can also be 2nd pair at max $5m AAV. He is only 28 yo.

zeroG

Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
I’m absurdly hoping that Aaron will surprise the hell out of everyone and show up in camp in the best shape of his career.

i'd say it's a virtual certainty.

it is a contract year, after all. but more importantly, he was skating really well at the end of the final. better than he had all year. i think he's going to surprise a lot of people next year.

but back to the topic at hand, i had this crazy thought that we might see boqvist with gus by mid-season. they seem like a natural pairing. might be easier on gus and give ek some more advantageous match-ups. gus and ek on PK1, still tho.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
i'd say it's a virtual certainty.

it is a contract year, after all. but more importantly, he was skating really well at the end of the final. better than he had all year. i think he's going to surprise a lot of people next year.

but back to the topic at hand, i had this crazy thought that we might see boqvist with gus by mid-season. they seem like a natural pairing. might be easier on gus and give ek some more advantageous match-ups. gus and ek on PK1, still tho.
easier on gus having a worse defensive partner?
I dont think hes even played top 2 minutes yet

As much as i ragged on ekky that would be a big downgrade

zeroG

Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
easier on gus having a worse defensive partner?
I dont think hes even played top 2 minutes yet

As much as i ragged on ekky that would be a big downgrade

having a more mobile partner, though i'd just said i think ek is going to look great next year so i'm not entirely consistent here :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: 305Pantera

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad