Alex Forrmenton retires from hockey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Obviously figures he won’t be able to play again
He could play in Russia or another European league. The only league he wouldn't be able to play in is probably the SHL. He played in NL last season, so if all those teams already hadn't filled their import spots he could've gotten a contract there, and the Swiss league pays extremely well.

archangel2

May 19, 2019

Lets look at the facts. 2 season ago sens more or less cut ties with him and NO NHL team wanted to touch him. HIs final nhl season he had 18 goals and 14 assists as a 21 year old. When the reports started coming out? His name was the first one mentioned.

I know the trial starts in a little while and we do not have all the information, But considering how quickly the NHL cut ties with him compared to all the other players? I am not saying he was but he may have been the ring leader of what happened. When the situation was barely a rumour...he was on the out. If the on line reports are to believed the Swiss leagues was pressuring the team he played for there to drop him.

This is a very touchy subject but in following the bread crumbs that is public knowledge? This guy was made persona non grata long before most of us had any idea what was going on.

Reactions: 67 others

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
AS far as I'm concerned, not really.

I mean, I guess it COULD matter for sentencing purposes. Not really for his hockey career.
I haven't paid attention to the actual charges, but in teh Vince McMahon stuff he's being accused of sex trafficking for making a woman have sex with others. The same could be true for the ring leader in this.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I don't know if "respect" is the proper word here, but I do appreciate him for this more than certain other players who sign away in the KHL, when they can't get a job in hockey in the western world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad