Post-Game Talk: Panthers @ Senators

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
This was Methot's best game since re-signing. I didn't see him make one mistake out there tonight.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Clapper guy got some serious camera time tonight which usually means a sens win! Great effort all around

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Too late.

The Sens played 12 of their last 15 at home. They went 7-6-2. The past stretch was time to make up space and they barely won more than they lost.

Holy... that's brutal. Although these past 2 games they've played some crazy good and complete games.

If Anderson comes back hot and we win next 2-3 in a row... who knows.

BigBush*

Too late.

The Sens played 12 of their last 15 at home. They went 7-6-2. The past stretch was time to make up space and they barely won more than they lost.

It's not to late if Florida and Boston continue to suck

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Is it Karlsson main board thread time ? If not how much longer ?

How about never? Why do people feel the need to shove some players down other peoples throat lol? Just because Leafs fan do it doesn't mean we should.

He's playing well. Good. No need to boast about it on the main board. Nothing good is going to come out of it.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
How about never? Why do people feel the need to shove some players down other peoples throat lol? Just because Leafs fan do it doesn't mean we should.

He's playing well. Good. No need to boast about it on the main board. Nothing good is going to come out of it.

Agreed. It's just bad karma.

Let Erik be our secret. The more press he gets, the more attention he gets on the ice.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Now would be the time to make a huge move for Chris Stewart.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Playoff odds just went up from 6.4% to 10.7%, this west coast trip determines our position at the trade deadline.

Xamar*

Your taking this too seriously. It's just a hockey forum after all.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

Agreed. Complete circle jerk

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Too bad we don't have tank commander Lehner in net. Ant-tank commander Hammond will lead us out of a top 10 pick. :sarcasm:

Xamar*

Shoutout to the Vancouver Canucks guy.. He needs to make an appearance in every GDT for us to make the PO's

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
If we can sweep this road trip or just lose 1 or 2 max,(yes it will be hard) the rest of the season will be enjoyable regardless if we make the playoffs or not, since the team can at least give us a show for a push.

My ultimate fear is we will not sell our UFA assets or even consider buying assets due to some false belief we can make the playoffs. Condra and a D need to go, get some picks, and put them into our system to make our team stronger in the long run. We have a weak prospect base that is depleting, fill it back up.

If our organization wants to be a Stanley Cup contender, we need to prepare for the future. Even move Phillips if we can. Hell, if someone wants a back up goaltender due to one with an injury than move Hammond for a 7th (Mike Brodeur 2.0)

GreatStateofHockey

Oct 2, 2011
No, the Sen's aren't out of it. It's almost like an anti circle jerk on here and they can certainly make it. They have some work to do, but don't act like it would be some sort of miracle if they were to go on a run.

GreatStateofHockey

Oct 2, 2011
My ultimate fear is we will not sell our UFA assets or even consider buying assets due to some false belief we can make the playoffs. Condra and a D need to go, get some picks, and put them into our system to make our team stronger in the long run. We have a weak prospect base that is depleting, fill it back up.

If our organization wants to be a Stanley Cup contender, we need to prepare for the future. Even move Phillips if we can. Hell, if someone wants a back up goaltender due to one with an injury than move Hammond for a 7th (Mike Brodeur 2.0)

Yes, lets move a goalie that has played very well for us for essentially nothing at all. Would you rather Hammond win our next three games for us so that we get within 2-3 points of the WC, or trade him right now and end up 10 back. It seems like I'm still in the minority, but I would much rather an exciting final two months then some BS hockey. The Sen's don't need picks, and I can't fathom why everyone just wants to trade players for any possible pick. The team has an extraordinary amount of depth up top, and some pretty solid depth in the back. If they could make a trade for a Taylor Hall type player then cool, but besides that we should be perfectly fine with standing pat this year.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Yes, lets move a goalie that has played very well for us for essentially nothing at all. Would you rather Hammond win our next three games for us so that we get within 2-3 points of the WC, or trade him right now and end up 10 back. It seems like I'm still in the minority, but I would much rather an exciting final two months then some BS hockey. The Sen's don't need picks, and I can't fathom why everyone just wants to trade players for any possible pick. The team has an extraordinary amount of depth up top, and some pretty solid depth in the back. If they could make a trade for a Taylor Hall type player then cool, but besides that we should be perfectly fine with standing pat this year.

Your post was going great... but then you said that... Of course we need picks. We need to restock the cupboards. We have zero blue chippers in the pipeline.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The Sens need picks but I don't know if it's that much important than usual, I'd say it's on par with most years: we are a low budget team and that means drafting well is important every year

If I have to pick between winning more games than we lose in the home stretch or lose and improve the first rounder however it's an easy choice

Winning breeds winners: I'll take "meaningless" wins over a few spots in the draft

GreatStateofHockey

Oct 2, 2011
Your post was going great... but then you said that... Of course we need picks. We need to restock the cupboards. We have zero blue chippers in the pipeline.

A better way to put it would have been to say we don't need more picks, we have enough as is. I'd also argue that Prince and Puempel could be considered blue chip prospects. Both certainly have top 6 potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad