Seravalli: Panthers have deal in place to trade Frank Vatrano to Kraken

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
IMO this makes sense for Florida. Vatrano is fine, but moving on from him will allow them to fill out their roster more according to their needs. Not much need for a 1-dimensional winger... they have those already. This will allow them to extend Bennett, possibly Wennberg, possibly Wallmark, and fill their holes with a better player than Vatrano.

Or, maybe they are receiving a D or other FWD in return.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
IMO this makes sense for Florida. Vatrano is fine, but moving on from him will allow them to fill out their roster more according to their needs. Not much need for a 1-dimensional winger... they have those already. This will allow them to extend Bennett, possibly Wennberg, possibly Wallmark, and fill their holes with a better player than Vatrano.

Or, maybe they are receiving a D or other FWD in return.

Wallmark signed in KHL.
But ya Wennberg back could be true if he or Bennett shifts to wing.
Liked what Wennberg brought defensively and he did score at 20+ goal pace.

I hope Zito adds a top 4 D and brings back most of the same forward group.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
So is FLA trading Vatrano to ensure Seattle picks Driedger...when everyone knew they were selecting Driedger anyway? Umm there must be more to this? Unless Dale Tallon is suddenly back in charge.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
So is FLA trading Vatrano to ensure Seattle picks Driedger...when everyone knew they were selecting Driedger anyway? Umm there must be more to this? Unless Dale Tallon is suddenly back in charge.
We would have a deal lined up to sign Gudbranson for 7 years if true

Reactions: bossram

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Wallmark signed in KHL.
But ya Wennberg back could be true if he or Bennett shifts to wing.
Liked what Wennberg brought defensively and he did score at 20+ goal pace.

I hope Zito adds a top 4 D and brings back most of the same forward group.

Would you trade Stralman for Chris Tierney? 3.5m caphit, 1yr remaining til UFA.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I think it’s more Driedger and Vatrano. Obviously not going to turn into the top line (or at least top 6) forwards the Vegas duo did but a solid starter could have more impact on a game than a winger.

who’s a UFA. We’re not re-signing him either way.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
He will do well for Seattle: plays all four lines. I guess he will have a twenty five goal season for you.

crowded out in Florida unfortunately with the rise of Tippett. Marchment seemed to pass him on the depth charts too

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Remember when Florida went to the Finals as an expansion team? And then helped Vegas go to the Fianls as an expansion team? Dredgier AND Vatrano?

Are they some kind of expansion savants?

Reactions: Aerrol

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I've been saying for years that he's probably going to walk as a UFA for a bigger role and money, not because he deserves it, but because the Panthers can't provide him with that (or at least it wouldn't be a smart decision). As @violaswallet said a couple posts above, he's played on every line, including his fair share with Barkov. Top9 inconsistent scorer is probably what he is, I don't think there's another gear to his game. His defensive game has improved over the years as well, I wouldn't put him on the PK, but he won't lose you the game with dumb decisions either.

more likely Frankie is the pick and Dreidger is the UFA signing...
They can't do handshake deals with UFAs, the league monitored Vegas on it as well.

And the deal with Driedger has already been reported, so..

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Everyone is a comedian today, apparently. Only, they just sound dumb, Driedger is a UFA and is going there anyway if they send Vatrano as well for whatever the return is, how tf is that a loss?? It’s not, idiots just can’t help themselves I guess.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Vatrano is the king of empty-net goals, or scoring when we're up by 4.

Very happy to see them move on from him. Would much rather a young player get his spot.

He's not a bad player, but he just doesn't bring a ton outside of his shot.
I'm also thinking Frankie being one of the last real mobsters in florida sire... You analyzed him totally correctly, but he still can bring thuggish game also and still getting some hits through. Him being at seattle will bring that thug element up, but florida don't need him like you already knew. Florida that hard already even without him sire.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
They can't do handshake deals with UFAs, the league monitored Vegas on it as well.

And the deal with Driedger has already been reported, so..

What doesn't make sense to me is the Driedger deal was being reported before Seattle would have even been allowed to talk to Driedger.

Did Florida give Driedger permission to talk to other teams early? I'm not seeing a source for that in some quick searches.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
What doesn't make sense to me is the Driedger deal was being reported before Seattle would have even been allowed to talk to Driedger.

Did Florida give Driedger permission to talk to other teams early? I'm not seeing a source for that in some quick searches.
Could be, our team always flies under the radar on rumours and the local reporters aren't the most pushy type.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Maybe what happened was the Panthers wanted to make SURE Francis was still going in the Driedger direction (after the Carey Price news broke), so he decided to strike a deal sending Vatrano on top of the Driedger pick as a sweetener?

RCGP2

Mar 8, 2018
Maybe what happened was the Panthers wanted to make SURE Francis was still going in the Driedger direction (after the Carey Price news broke), so he decided to strike a deal sending Vatrano on top of the Driedger pick as a sweetener?

Why? They are losing driedger anyway and they could just take vatrano.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Florida realizing what Boston did? Vatrano works hard and has an all-world shot but he's not great defensively and not the kind of guy to win a Cup with.
Though I hope he proves me wrong because that shot is unreal.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Why are people thinking Vatrano is all of a sudden a stud?

Also, with the lists released yesterday, maybe Seattle is considering other goalies and not Driedger

Nothing is forsure yet

Reactions: Laus723

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad