Seravalli: Panthers have deal in place to trade Frank Vatrano to Kraken

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Would you trade Stralman for Chris Tierney? 3.5m caphit, 1yr remaining til UFA.

Likely we would to save more cap, we don't need a C persay, more of a top 6 wing and/or a top 4 LD.

Money between the too is close, Stralman is owed $4.5 mil after FLA paid his $1 million signing bonis

I trust Zito is working a smart deal here, hasn't made too many errors since he came in last year.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Maybe it's a ...

Francis - "hey we are gonna take Gudas(or whoever FLA doesn't wanna lose)"

Florida says "hey wait a minute, tv guys said u were taking Driedger"

Francis says "why would we draft him when we can sign him as a UFA"

FLA says "ok well we will give you Vatrano if u draft Driedger"

Reactions: AHockeyFanatic

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Maybe it's a ...

this...

love how these expansion drafts are this scenario not just florida

GM Armchair

Dec 16, 2019
No doubt Vatrano will score 15-20 for them. Guy can't pass well and scores a ton ENG and when ahead by a few.

Fans will like him. He's likeable and scores. Happy Zito is moving on from him, especially before he wants a raise.
How many times are you going to post this.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Well driedger was walking regardless. Sucks, we would’ve liked to keep him but thanks to bob’s contract and Knight coming up there’s no room for what he’ll end up making.

if it’s a deal to “trade” vatrano there then I assume it’ll be for a player they ultimately end up drafting. Perhaps one of the D that’s available.

because yes they could sign driedger now and have that be the pick. Or they can wait till free agency and get vatrano for free and still sign dreidger, although you run the risk of us trading his rights I suppose? Or getting into a bidding war with another team(s). Given the fact they can still get him for free regardless, the idea of vatrano going there via trade means something has to be coming back. It doesn’t make sense otherwise

RCGP2

Mar 8, 2018
Maybe it's a ...

No that makes no sense because they would just take gudas if they liked him more. If they like gudas more why would they take vatrano in a trade to not take him? Vatrano isn't protected.

Them taking dreidger isn't some favor, he's a Ufa and not signing with Florida.

This type of scenario only makes sense if dreidger was some bad contract that they wanted them to take, and vatrano was a protected guy they couldn't have otherwise.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Dreidger to become a top 10 goalie and Vatrano a 30 goals scorer, book it.

Panthers are the kings of being at the short end of the stick unfortunately, and I sa that while I'm starting to warm up to what they're doing.
You realize they have no choice as far as keeping Driedger goes, right? You can only protect one goalie and it has to be Bobrovsky since he has a NMC.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
You realize they have no choice as far as keeping Driedger goes, right? You can only protect one goalie and it has to be Bobrovsky since he has a NMC.

You realize it was a hot take more than anything? I don't really know Driedger* so idk if the Panthers will regret it or not

*All I can do is stats watch and see that he's had a good 30ish NHL games with the Panthers over the past 2 seasons. And bounced between ECHL and AHL a lot.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Seattle makes deal with Driedger to lock him up before other teams can make him an offer. Driedger is Seattle’s pick. Vatrano deal will be for picking a player that the Panthers want to acquire.

Overreactions in this thread were hilarious. We'll see if/how this separate Vatrano deal shakes out.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
imagine thinking Vatrano is a major piece to build around.

your team goofed up expansion draft beyond belief and in hilarious fashion just a few years ago.

them being one of (if not the first) to again come out as having a deal in place for the expansion draft is funny. Regardless of the players involved.

And I believe every trade where a team gave up anything of value to dictate who got selected…aged poorly quickly. Unless I’m forgetting a good one, which I probably am

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Wait. why are the Panthers doing this again??

We don’t know all the details yet.

your team goofed up expansion draft beyond belief and in hilarious fashion just a few years ago.

them being one of (if not the first) to again come out as having a deal in place for the expansion draft is funny. Regardless of the players involved.

And I believe every trade where a team gave up anything of value to dictate who got selected…aged poorly quickly. Unless I’m forgetting a good one, which I probably am

cool that you’re all tickled, I guess. Nothing you said takes at all away from my post, though. Driedger is going anyway, team isn’t losing Riley or March in Vatrano, I guess you clowns are just low on entertainment so you have to draw lines that don’t exist.

zolmgfrolmao Panthers!! New GM, much different players, we don’t know any of the details yet, run on along.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
We don’t know all the details yet.

cool that you’re all tickled, I guess. Nothing you said takes at all away from my post, though. Driedger is going anyway, team isn’t losing Riley or March in Vatrano, I guess you clowns are just low on entertainment so you have to draw lines that don’t exist.

zolmgfrolmao Panthers!! New GM, much different players, we don’t know any of the details yet, run on along.

when twenty people chuckle at something, and you are the one running around screaming it’s not funny…you are not helping your cause.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad