Value of: Panthers do some window shopping [3rd line RW needed]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Kuzmenko for your second rounder. He's actually good. It'll be a win-win. Him and Coach Rick just ain't it.

Kuzmenko is really better as a LW anyway. But that's just one of the many things that haven't meshed with RickyToc as a coach.

He's also very much not a typical sort of "3rd line Winger" type. Maybe that's fine for certain situations, and maybe even in Florida because of the way their other lines are built. But it'll take a robust sales effort to make that cap hit make sense for that role.

Olofsson reminds me of current (not prime) Mike Hoffman. Pure shooter who doesn't drive the play.

Yeah. Olofsson is also one of those "pure finisher" types who doesn't even necessarily have Hoffman's speed going for him. The other thing is, he's in the absolute dumps as far as confidence goes. Which is usually a very tough thing for that sort of goal-scorer to break out of.

Kakko from the Rangers could be an option worth looking into.

This one actually makes some sense. I could see the fit. Though i don't see the Panthers as having the Center that the Rangers would probably prefer to get back if they're dealing Kakko. Maybe it's a 3-way deal somehow, that sends Kakko there?

Reactions: Vinman88

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Teams that are "going for it" don't trade top 4 D. This makes no sense for FLA.
Not now and it's not even possible since Ekblad has NMC, but after the season. Florida has 28,041,666 in cap space and they have to re-sign Reinhart, Forsling, Montour, OEL, Lundell and a bunch of 4th liners and after the next season they would have to re-sign Verhaeghe, Bennett and Ekblad. I don't have a BA in mathematics but i don't think it's possible to sign them all.

Those 4th liners are easy to re-sign or replace and Lundell takes a cheap bridge deal, OEL can be cheap since Vancouver still pay him. But rest of them are going to cost, Ekblad is easier to replaced than Forsling or Montour and Ekblad's NMC turns NTC, so he will have say where wants to go and not many teams can eat Ekblad's cap hit.

Reactions: RogerRoger

barkovcanfinnish

Stanley Cup Champs 2024
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
Tbh I think the only way we add to the 3rd line this season is by moving Nick Cousins. You move Cousins to a team looking for an agitator for a pick and use that pick to help get a RW for that 3rd line spot.

Samoskevich could hopefully be ready for full-time roster next year but he’s not quite there yet. Wonder if Chicago would move Taylor Raddysh. He seems like someone Bill Zito might try to bring in for an attempt at a low risk revitalization move.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Armia is playing much better this year and would really fit that team well... but maybe won't fit in cap wise... definitely would be cheap

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Tbh I think the only way we add to the 3rd line this season is by moving Nick Cousins. You move Cousins to a team looking for an agitator for a pick and use that pick to help get a RW for that 3rd line spot.

Samoskevich could hopefully be ready for full-time roster next year but he’s not quite there yet. Wonder if Chicago would move Taylor Raddysh. He seems like someone Bill Zito might try to bring in for an attempt at a low risk revitalization move.
I’m sure the hawks would move Taylor. For what I’m not sure.

Sports2

WDI
Jul 1, 2018
If Dallas needs to make space for an acquisition this season, they may move Dadonov. Underlying numbers aren’t great but the production is there at 2.25. Contract expires next season- Dallas would probably move him for quite literally future considerations if a team was willing to take on all 2.25- they need the space next year, much like everyone else.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Armia with retention would be a good buy low option but don't think Habs are keen to retain on him this season and next season, they'd probably just wait for next year and then retain.

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Not sure about the cap structure, but what about poking around Bjorkstrand?

RHS, probably reasonably priced, decent defense. Minus term and cap hit, fit wise he seems like a good one?

Nvm : Seattle would have to retain half and take cap back this season. Probably costs too much for panthers to consider.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Took most of the names from the Athletic article released on Sunday below:

Bill Zito doesn't have a lot of top tier futures in either picks or prospects the next 2 years. [Samoskevich being the top or 2nd best of the group].

This is more of request for information on a list of depth players. Some UFAs and some RFAs but who won't break the bank.

2025 2nd
2024 3rd
2025 3rd

The worthwhile picks available above
for some depth. Willing to add a B level prospect if need be. More wanting to know a quick recap of the players season [good and bad] and their value if placed on the market.

The need: 3rd line winger, can be C/RW combo or strictly RW but need a scoring threat. Preferably right hand shot.
Would be on a line with Luostarinen and Lundell so elite defense is not required.

Oloffson - BUF
Bjugstad - ARI
Kaliyev - LA
Berggren - DET
Roslovic - CBJ
T. Johnson - CHI

Rodrigues - Barkov - Reinhart
Verhaeghe - Bennett- Tkachuk
Luostarinen - Lundell - xxxx
Gadjovich - Stenlund - Lomberg

Extras - Lorentz/Cousins
Armia for 3rd? He playing decent hockey

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
Not sure about the cap structure, but what about poking around Bjorkstrand?

RHS, probably reasonably priced, decent defense. Minus term and cap hit, fit wise he seems like a good one?

Nvm : Seattle would have to retain half and take cap back this season. Probably costs too much for panthers to consider.
too expensive. Panthers have ton of players that they need to resign (Forsling, Reinhart, OEL, Montour, Lundell).

Kakko would be interesting but I cannot see how NYR would be willing to trade him to Fla because Panthers won't give Luostarinen or Lundell and don't have picks.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
This one actually makes some sense. I could see the fit. Though i don't see the Panthers as having the Center that the Rangers would probably prefer to get back if they're dealing Kakko. Maybe it's a 3-way deal somehow, that sends Kakko there?
Rangers would ask for Lundell in a deal for Kakko.

• Haha
Reactions: Laus723

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Whats the price on Ekblad? Top-4 RHD is what the Wings are missing, Ekblad is something what i could see Yzerman being interested. Big and almost a Detroit native, good mentor candidate to Edvinsson.

Walman 6'2'' - Seider 6'4''
Edvinsson 6'6'' - Ekblad 6'4''
Chiarot 6'3'' - Petry 6'3''
Määttä 6'2''/Holl 6'4''

Now thats a Yzerman-esq defense.

But this potential trade wouldn't happen until July.

I like how OP started a thread basically looking to buy a cheap motorcycle, and you’re like “sweet, hey, how much for your boat? Ya I know you need it right now, but I want your boat, so how much? Motorcycle? What motorcycle?”

Anyways, speaking of nonsense, have an Olofsson! Seriously, he is exactly the type to benefit from Florida’s system. It’d piss me off tremendously, but I would not be surprised. He is a dink of a player but has a rocket of a shot, so if he’s excited to enter playoffs, is sheltered on a line a bit- he can look so much better for a 25 game stretch.

Olofsson

For

A 2nd round pick. I have said it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad