Value of: Panthers do some window shopping [3rd line RW needed]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Took most of the names from the Athletic article released on Sunday below:

Bill Zito doesn't have a lot of top tier futures in either picks or prospects the next 2 years. [Samoskevich being the top or 2nd best of the group].

This is more of request for information on a list of depth players. Some UFAs and some RFAs but who won't break the bank.

2025 2nd
2024 3rd
2025 3rd

The worthwhile picks available above
for some depth. Willing to add a B level prospect if need be. More wanting to know a quick recap of the players season [good and bad] and their value if placed on the market.

The need: 3rd line winger, can be C/RW combo or strictly RW but need a scoring threat. Preferably right hand shot.
Would be on a line with Luostarinen and Lundell so elite defense is not required.

Oloffson - BUF
Bjugstad - ARI
Kaliyev - LA
Berggren - DET
Roslovic - CBJ
T. Johnson - CHI

Rodrigues - Barkov - Reinhart
Verhaeghe - Bennett- Tkachuk
Luostarinen - Lundell - xxxx
Gadjovich - Stenlund - Lomberg

Extras - Lorentz/Cousins

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Whats the price on Ekblad? Top-4 RHD is what the Wings are missing, Ekblad is something what i could see Yzerman being interested. Big and almost a Detroit native, good mentor candidate to Edvinsson.

Walman 6'2'' - Seider 6'4''
Edvinsson 6'6'' - Ekblad 6'4''
Chiarot 6'3'' - Petry 6'3''
Määttä 6'2''/Holl 6'4''

Now thats a Yzerman-esq defense.

But this potential trade wouldn't happen until July.

Reactions: evolutionbaby

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Habs have 2 young, cheap depth RW options I'm sure could be had for a 3rd...

RHP had a great NHL debut last year (14g in 34 games), battled an early injury this year and has been pretty snake bitten since returning. High energy, high effort player. RFA signed 1 more year at 1.1M.

Ylonen is a Finnish option to complete the trio... Solid skating, shot & puck handling, looks great in flashes but can't seem to win the coaching staff's trust... Largely 4tg line minutes all year, rarely plays with talented linemates but doesn't look out of place when he does. RFA at season end.

The other players you listed are mostly more established but also more expensive. KH & Zito have done a deal before, so could see them kick tires on this

Reactions: bleuetbio

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Jordan Eberle might be what you're looking for

5.5 million expiring contract, and I can't imagine the asking price would be significant - even with full retention

Reactions: fr1to

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Whats the price on Ekblad?

I agree, I've had DAL or DET as my two main Ekblad trade spots for a while now.
It'd likely have to start with a 1st + good prospect with the 1 year left.
If he signs an extension, could be more.
Not sure if Ekblad can command more than $8.5 mil x 7-8 yrs because of recent injury risk.

You guys have some interesting prospects for sure. Ultimately moving Ekblad would be done to clear cap.
Montour could re-sign at cheaper rate or Zito goes shopping for RD.

Habs have 2 young, cheap depth RW options I'm sure could be had for a 3rd...

RHP had a great NHL debut last year (14g in 34 games), battled an early injury this year and has been pretty snake bitten since returning. High energy, high effort player. RFA signed 1 more year at 1.1M.

Ylonen is a Finnish option to complete the trio... Solid skating, shot & puck handling, looks great in flashes but can't seem to win the coaching staff's trust... Largely 4tg line minutes all year, rarely plays with talented linemates but doesn't look out of place when he does. RFA at season end.

The other players you listed are mostly more established but also more expensive. KH & Zito have done a deal before, so could see them kick tires on this

Have seen a bit of Ylonen, really impressive hands and saw one of his shootout goals, not sure him or RHP are the answers here.

Roslovic should be very low on your list

Definitely having a down year but the recent past production + Florida's ability to resurrect players is taken into consideration.
Curious of his value?

Mikheyev if u want. 3rd line guy with speed and two way ability

Too expensive for a 3rd line.
If he was around $3 mil maybe but not at $4.75 mil for 2 more years.

Reactions: SantosHalper

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Jordan Eberle might be what you're looking for

5.5 million expiring contract, and I can't imagine the asking price would be significant - even with full retention

How's he been this year?

AZ won't move Bjugstad this deadline but maybe Zucker@ 50% = $2.65M?

Rumblings of Bjugstad to stay and re-sign? He'd be high on my list.
Zucker nearly killed Cousins (but Cousins is a rat who doesnt die), not sure that'd fly in locker room.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
After concussing Cousins, nope
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. And the multi-game fights that ensued. No Zucker to Florida!

How's he been this year?

Rumblings of Bjugstad to stay and re-sign? He'd be high on my list.
He's signed through next year @ $2.1M and he's the only one who can reliably win a draw. He's been very good centering Maccelli and Crouse. And they want him for next year to insulate Geekie so he can have some development time in the AHL.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Cam Atkinson at 40% retainage for a 3
Panthers add .6ppg player who cap play pk (pp days are over)
Flyers make room for roster for rookie rw's and add cap space for 2024-2025

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. And the multi-game fights that ensued. No Zucker to Florida!

He's signed through next year @ $2.1M and he's the only one who can reliably win a draw. He's been very good centering Maccelli and Crouse. And they want him for next year to insulate Geekie so he can have some development time in the AHL.

Swore Bjugstad was a UFA to be, my bad.
Well ya that may take him off list then if Yotes are happy with his play and being on a solid contract for next 1.5 years.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Whats the price on Ekblad? Top-4 RHD is what the Wings are missing, Ekblad is something what i could see Yzerman being interested. Big and almost a Detroit native, good mentor candidate to Edvinsson.

Walman 6'2'' - Seider 6'4''
Edvinsson 6'6'' - Ekblad 6'4''
Chiarot 6'3'' - Petry 6'3''
Määttä 6'2''/Holl 6'4''

Now thats a Yzerman-esq defense.

Teams that are "going for it" don't trade top 4 D. This makes no sense for FLA.

Roslovic should be very low on your list
But above Tyler Johnson

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Cam Atkinson at 40% retainage for a 3
Panthers add .6ppg player who cap play pk (pp days are over)
Flyers make room for roster for rookie rw's and add cap space for 2024-2025

So down to $3.525 mil then?
It's just the extra year left that may be tight with 3-4 other signings FLA has to make in July.

Surprised just a 3rd with retention?
Looks to be having a good season no?

Vic Olofsson for a 5th?

Wow he's dropped a lot of value?
What's been wrong for him this year?
Too much depth up front? Snake bit?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It's just the extra year left that may be tight with 3-4 other signings FLA has to make in July.

Wow he's dropped a lot of value?
What's been wrong for him this year?
Too much depth up front? Snake bit?

Was thinking it's similar to what the Panthers got for Vatrano when they dealt him to the Rangers, though Vic has none of the bristle to his game that Vatrano does.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019

Cam started strong
Went 20 games without a goal
And playing better again.

There is tread on the tire now, but you would have to have concern for next year. PP days for sure are OVER.
Then add flyers for rw next year should play
TK
Tippett
Brink
Tuomaala

And you can see why its time to move on from Cam
Is that at 3.5m or 4m or a 2 or a 3.
Feel free to discuss.

But the general idea is the right one.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
This looks like a job for

Dominik kubalik.

He's a one-timer threat and otherwise not particularly impactful in either a positive or negative sense. He's mostly invisible but then he scores.

If you just need to add some finish and you got someone who can dish to him he can be effective.

On pace for 18 goals and a whopping 6 assists playing down the sens lineup. $2.5M pending UFA.

Available for almost nothing. Mid round pick with some dead expiring salary coming back.

• Haha
Reactions: TheNewEra

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Ylonen is a Finnish option to complete the trio... Solid skating, shot & puck handling, looks great in flashes but can't seem to win the coaching staff's trust... Largely 4tg line minutes all year, rarely plays with talented linemates but doesn't look out of place when he does. RFA at season end

Ylonen would be a realy great addfor them. Realy like that idea. Tough love under St-Louis management

Reactions: MTL Dirty Birdy

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Mikheyev if u want. 3rd line guy with speed and two way ability

The way some Canucks fans are just dead set on getting rid of Mikheyev is hilarious to me. :laugh:

He's come exactly as advertised. He's basically a ~40-45pt 20G winger with some size, speed, straightforward game and solid defensive capability.

Unless they're actually appreciably upgrading on him, i don't see why the Canucks would be wanting to get rid of him. If anything, they probably want more Mikheyev type players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad