LeBrun: Panthers cut ties with Jagr

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
He's too slow and would be a nightmare fit for Boughner.
But looking at the depth he would have been their 3rd best winger.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
If McDavid can turn Maroon into a 27 goal scorer it shouldn't be a problem for Jagr to get 30+ with him on the RW

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If McDavid can turn Maroon into a 27 goal scorer it shouldn't be a problem for Jagr to get 30+ with him on the RW

If the options are Jagr or Iginla I say Jagr AINEC, he's likely too damm slow for McDavid though, just like Iginla.

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Jagr will regret this at his new club. if he even lands an NHL contract. Stupid to turn down FLA offer if it was not very low. And stupid by FLA to lowball him.

Pride set in, Jagr does not like to be lowballed like Ray Shero did. And Tallon did not like Jagr joking on twitter, maybe felt disrespected.

Playing with Barkov and Hubs was ideal for Jagr. As a Jagr fan, I am devastated by this news :(

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
If the options are Jagr or Iginla I say Jagr AINEC, he's likely too damm slow for McDavid though, just like Iginla.
Jagr can't be slower than Maroon though....can he? I only watch maybe 4 Panthers games last year to be honest though

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Jagr can't be slower than Maroon though....can he? I only watch maybe 4 Panthers games last year to be honest though

Yes he can, he's painfully slow and 1 dimensional. Takes lots of hooking/holding penalties and so on.

But still easily better option than Iginla, but what does that say about Iginla :laugh:

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Panthers wanted jagr at a slight discount from last season. Would be surprised to see him sign at a discount elsewhere.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Jagr will regret this at his new club. if he even lands an NHL contract. Stupid to turn down FLA offer if it was not very low. And stupid by FLA to lowball him.

Pride set in, Jagr does not like to be lowballed like Ray Shero did. And Tallon did not like Jagr joking on twitter, maybe felt disrespected.

Playing with Barkov and Hubs was ideal for Jagr. As a Jagr fan, I am devastated by this news :(

Not that I am saying you're wrong, but why do you think it is a money issue and Tallon lowballed him? He has consistency taken less money, but had his contracts built with incentive bonuses (that he regularly hit).

Seems off for the Panthers to lowball him and even stranger since they are not a team with cap issues even if they're going HAM on Radulov.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
I really want the Leafs to get him. I don't care how bad he is, I love that man and want a Jagr Toronto jersey

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Given that disaster of a roster Mcphee put together in Vegas, he pretty much owes the fans a Jagr signing.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
At this point of his career he's underrated because his age looks bad, but every time I see him play he still looks dangerous, especially on the PP.

Sure he's not flying around like he used to but he's still smart as hell, has good vision and hands, and opens up room for his line mates.
I'd take him on the Leafs for a year for a low salary with performance incentives ... his ability to shield the puck would make room for Nylander and Matthews to operate and he could surely teach the kids a thing or two offensively

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad