giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Thanks to my Oktoberfest bash tonight, this will be the only time I think about this game today. A much better schedule includes -

5:30 - beer brats off the grill and into pretzel buns, German potato salad, beans, etc

6:00 - bust out the Oktoberfest Marzen (not that Festbier swill) featuring Ayinger, Hacker Pschorr, Paulaner, and Spaten.

7:00 - get the fire started and dish out the cookies, smores, hot cocoa, etc.

If the team poos itself by the 1st intermission, any of you that want to get drunk instead can come on over.

• Love
Reactions: ValJamesDuex

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Thanks to my Oktoberfest bash tonight, this will be the only time I think about this game today. A much better schedule includes -

5:30 - beer brats off the grill and into pretzel buns, German potato salad, beans, etc

6:00 - bust out the Oktoberfest Marzen (not that Festbier swill) featuring Ayinger, Hacker Pschorr, Paulaner, and Spaten.

7:00 - get the fire started and dish out the cookies, smores, hot cocoa, etc.

If the team poos itself by the 1st intermission, any of you that want to get drunk instead can come on over.
Love Paulaner

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I was planning to stay up and watch this game but the 0-3 start makes me save the insomnia and Sabres-lag for some other games.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I didn't see much of his first game......but he was just fine against the Kings. No issue with his play in that game whatsoever.
Kopitars second goal on the 5 on 3 I didn't like, once again made himself too small in net and got beat glove side easily which has been his kryptonite for years now. The Devils game one he was scrambly again. He was better for the game against the Kings but the Sabres defence played pretty damn well until Dahlin got stripped of the puck allowing the Kings first goal.

If he saw more pucks I doubt the score would have been 3-1, he just doesn't have the air of confidence surrounding him like he did the last half of last season IMO.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Kopitars second goal on the 5 on 3 I didn't like, once again made himself too small in net and got beat glove side easily which has been his kryptonite for years now. The Devils game one he was scrambly again. He was better for the game against the Kings but the Sabres defence played pretty damn well until Dahlin got stripped of the puck allowing the Kings first goal.

If he saw more pucks I doubt the score would have been 3-1, he just doesn't have the air of confidence surrounding him like he did the last half of last season IMO.
5v3 one is not on him, he was trying to look around Greenway with Byfield in front and Kopitar wired an absolute piss missile into the upper left corner

UPL has been fine,no can't think of any goals he might want back.

Noeson's goal was an in close breakaway which was elevated quick.

Kovacevic's was a screened point shot that was tipped.

Hischier's was the only iffy one, looks like he might of had it if Joki doesn't tip it and it went into scramble mode and he almost got back.

Kopi's first was just a sniper hitting a spot with a rocket after a bad turnover in close.

Kopi's second see above.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
This is personally the best news, no one has called out UPL but lets be real, hes looked like his first half of the season last year.
Until we can score more than 1 goal per game, there's no point in talking about UPL. He's been good enough.

Hoping Dahlin or Quinn can snap out of it tonight. LFG.

Reactions: Zman5778

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
If they keep Levi in the NHL he should play, why can't they for example split the games with the UPL equally? Boston did that with Ullmark and Swayman and both goalies looked good.

newfiejesus

Sep 19, 2016
Newfoundland
Me and the wife are headed to the pub. Most likely will be stuck with Leafs/Pens, Sens/Habs on the screens. Hopefully we return home to a comfortable Sabres lead.

Last game was annoying with the lack of finish/hot goalie. I expect a quality, entertaining game tonight, each game has had improvement. Just need one W to settle the nerves of fans and the locker room. What better night than versus the champs on a long weekend? Get the victory, everyone go party and get their ashes hauled.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Without doing the research I do know that teams at the ".500 mark" through 40 games (which is actually below .500) do make the playoffs. I'd say once a year a team will do that.

We don't want to have any more 3+ game losing streaks in the first half of the year.

Im OK with 0-4 if we beat Pittsburgh and Carolina. If we are 1-5 ... im off the bandwagon I'm too old for this shit
Drawing line in sand reverberates throughout the dimensions these morons who run things believe they can control.

We all feel your pain , you are NOT wrong , of course. I’m just hoping we as a beleaguered fan base can go with the flow and just give unconditional support to our beleaguered team , staff and coach , for ten games.

We have the power to expect good or bad outcomes . We are all more powerful and amazing and could already do what tech claims it’s doing for us. Even travel about this realm

We’ve just been taught to believe otherwise. It’s just a small leap of faith to not consent to being puppeted. ( helps to be unmedicated. Which blows for me but I’m sloggin thru..

Let’s all will this team to victory and maybe punch thechinook in the face like korab and schoenfeld would do. Let not play like Larry carriere.

petteri

Apr 22, 2006
Miami, FL USA
I'll be having dinner about 15 minutes away from the arena due to a prior commitment. But I'm not sure I'd be willing to suffer through this in any case. Still, really hoping they put together a solid effort and not be totally outplayed.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
A win could really boost their confidence. Need to start burying the puck. Our best players need to play like our best players. Enough is enough. Win this game. No excuses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad