GDT: Panthers at Sabres, 7:00 PM EDT, October 12, 2024

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
eh, he had a couple of lucky breaks go his way. (it';s about time we caught some breaks.)
one from Samson off the shaft of his stick, one from Samson he bobbled in the air, but overall, he was damn solid. I still cannot get over how quick he is side to side and up and down.

eyes on the prize.
1728827979229.png

• Love
Reactions: oldgoalie

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto
If Levi doesn't steal the starting job they may just split the games 50/50 this year. He clearly looks ready now. It'll be interesting to see who plays on Wednesday. My guess is they go back to UPL and unless a guy gets a shutout, each guy just gets every other game.
If the team can lock it down like they did in the 3rd period, both UPL and Levi will be successful.

Levi was good last night, but he didn't steal a W. Team earned it.

Reactions: slip

CrazyWayne

Dec 15, 2018
If Levi doesn't steal the starting job they may just split the games 50/50 this year. He clearly looks ready now. It'll be interesting to see who plays on Wednesday. My guess is they go back to UPL and unless a guy gets a shutout, each guy just gets every other game.
In my opinion Lindy inadvertently hinted that Levi is passing UPL

When he was asked about why he went to three lines he said that was his plan with the sabres being off the next three days felt the team could empty the tank. Shouldn't that have also included UPL?

Having two capable NHL goalies is a nice thing to have

SharkInABoloTie

Sponsor
Mar 8, 2016
The Heart of Darkness
Touch has played two great games. So what gives?

Cozens isn't the only player playing like crap.

I think Tuch has looked pretty bad all season. Bad along the boards, bad on the forecheck, lost or a complete pylon in his own end, and some real bad passing. He has his moments, but more often than not, I'm cursing him. Why is he on the PK? I'm genuinely baffled by that move. He just doesn't belong out there for it, IMO.

Hope he gets his head out of his ass, because he definitely doesn't look like a first line player.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It was a step to see them take down a team that was hindered by missing their top 2 forwards and playing their backup. We've seen this team fail to rise to the occasion before. Next up, beating a team playing their starter. :laugh:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
After so many years of them going from GBU to UUU, I guess we've just grown a bit weary. We need more games like this before committing to them again.

I'm willing to try something new. I started doing the GBU's after important games a long, long time ago and then it became every game which is a weary task after so many years of being so bad. Breaking it down, the first one I think I did was in the '99 season on a different platform. Buff wanted to bury them a few years ago, he felt they were too polarizing, especially to look for a bad or ugly in a win. It's just time.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
It was a step to see them take down a team that was hindered by missing their top 2 forwards and playing their backup. We've seen this team fail to rise to the occasion before. Next up, beating a team playing their starter. :laugh:
Top two narrative. We are missing three plus dahlin and benson not right.

I thought knight was better than Levi.

Wow reading thh talking points. I’ve always agreed w your insights. Malenstyn was there just for thachuckster . Gotta love ruff and the swagger he’s SLOWLY injecting

Barkov has been very good and Bob during the season if interested is better than both of ours . But no peterka. No benson. Half our fourth line. Evens things out

Maybe we don’t SUCK. Nah.

We’ll see in Pitt. Three great efforts in a row has not happened in YEARS. I’ll agree w everyone here on that sad fact. Will it? A poll. Bets. Send me gifts to self medicate if yr all believe chad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diaspora

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad