Padres restrict purchase area for playoff games vs Dodgers

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

"Sales for this event are restricted to residents of San Diego County, southern Orange County, western Arizona, Las Vegas and the surrounding area, and all of Baja California. Residency will be determined by the credit card billing address. Orders from residents outside San Diego County, southern Orange County, western Arizona, Las Vegas, and the surrounding area, and all of Baja California will be canceled without notice, and refunds will be issued."

Wonder how many Dodger fans live in those regions?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I am not singling out the Padres, this is an adage that I always make whenever any team restricts ticket purchases to avoid road fans rushing in en masse.

Teams are absolutely free to do this whenever they want, but as far as I'm concerned they completely waive any ability to argue over financial problems for the forseeable future as a result. They're voluntarily and artificially limiting the demand for tickets, thereby limiting the maximum price they could realistically charge, after all. Their financials can't be all that bad if they can afford to do that, after all.

Hopefully during the next CBA negotiations, the Padres won't be overly demonstrative over fiscal woes.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I like when they do this. I applaud an owner who knows how to try and reward their fans. Yeah, there will be LOADS of Dodgers fans taking advantage of this, and LA based Dodgers fans who will use friends and family as a workaround to get tickets, but it's really the thought and effort that counts here. The Dodgers should absolutely do the same as should everybody else in close proximity series'. It isn't hard to sell out playoff baseball games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad