Half-Assed GDT: Blues Stars

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
It’d be hilarious if everyone (myself included) wrote off Kapanen as waiver fodder or an extra forward or something and he scores 20+ this year lol. I’m not sold yet tho and would still rather see Bolduc develop out there instead but still, hell of a game from Kapps.

This is Kapanen's MO. He ghosts for 20 games, then looks like a top line stud, then ghosts. He had a 3 point game against Boston last year in the 17th to last game of the season, then had 3 points over the next 16 games (a 15 point for a full season pace). Don't be fooled by 1 pre-season game where his career is on the line. He is fighting for the 14th forward spot for a reason.

blueper

Mar 29, 2012
I'm thinking that Kap isn't really the reason why Bolduc would be sent down if that happens. The play of Holloway and/or Texier would be the real competition for Bolduc in a top 6 role.
I want Bolduc to make the team. I think he's shown plenty with his play and camp that he has earned a top 6 opportunity. I am as high or more so on Holloway as anyone. I think Holloway can bounce between top 6 and 3rd line and be valuable in either/both roles. Bolduc can play top 6 as long as he has linemates who will be responsible at both ends (which the Blues can provide).

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I'm thinking that Kap isn't really the reason why Bolduc would be sent down if that happens. The play of Holloway and/or Texier would be the real competition for Bolduc in a top 6 role.
I want Bolduc to make the team. I think he's shown plenty with his play and camp that he has earned a top 6 opportunity. I am as high or more so on Holloway as anyone. I think Holloway can bounce between top 6 and 3rd line and be valuable in either/both roles. Bolduc can play top 6 as long as he has linemates who will be responsible at both ends (which the Blues can provide).

Where does the idea that Bolduc can't play 3rd line come from? He showed last year to be far better defensively than Neighbours who came in on the 3rd line, or Schenn who people want to move there now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad