Friedman: Pacioretty in "30 Thoughts"

A Loyal Dog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
Well, would you look at that?

Pacioretty is finally paired with someone other than offensive-blackhole Plekanec and scores 2 goals and 1 assist (still 1 period remaining). Guess we should trade him for peanuts like people are hoping for, right?

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Well, would you look at that?

Pacioretty is finally paired with someone other than offensive-blackhole Plekanec and scores 2 goals and 1 assist (still 1 period remaining). Guess we should trade him for peanuts like people are hoping for, right?

Ya, but they are still about to get swept on their trip out west. They do really well against Eastern team. But Ana, LA, SJS, and Chi all seem to have their number. Suspect NYR and WSH will too.

Great offense. Terrible at defense. It's such a glass cannon team. Does matter how good Price is with the volume of shots you guys are getting.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
Ya, but they are still about to get swept on their trip out west. They do really well against Eastern team. But Ana, LA, SJS, and Chi all seem to have their number. Suspect NYR and WSH will too.

Great offense. Terrible at defense. It's such a glass cannon team. Does matter how good Price is with the volume of shots you guys are getting.

Tonight shot are 25-22 in favor of LA.
Last game
Out shot the Sharks 32-30 Lost 2-1 I guess the Sharks are bad defensively?
Before that
Out shot the Ducks 40 -38. Lost 2-1 I guess the Ducks defense suck too?
Beat the Ducks earlier 4-1
Haven't faced the NYR or the Caps yet this season.

Nuff said.

Last edited:

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Out shot the Sharks 32-30

And you still couldn't pull out a win with despite a 4 on 5 advantage over the last 6 minutes.

(Glad Radulov is okay btw, dunno what the hell Cooch was doing, but even as opposing fans we can still respect the players. Something similar happened to Burnzie earlier this season, and you always gotta thank the stars that everything is alright.)

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
And you still couldn't pull out a win with despite a 4 on 5 advantage over the last 6 minutes.

(Glad Radulov is okay btw, dunno what the hell Cooch was doing, but even as opposing fans we can still respect the players. Something similar happened to Burnzie earlier this season, and you always gotta thank the stars that everything is alright.)

But but with the amount of shots the Sharks,Ducks LA are giving up it must mean that their defense suck as by your assumption on the Habs.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Tonight shot are 25-22 in favor of LA.
Last game
Out shot the Sharks 32-30 Lost 2-1 I guess the Sharks are bad defensively?
Before that
Out shot the Ducks 40 -38. Lost 2-1 I guess the Ducks defense suck too?
Beat the Ducks earlier 4-1
Haven't faced the NYR or the Caps yet this season.

Nuff said.

MTL is 8th OA in SA/G. LA and SJS are 29 and 30. ANA is 23.

Even a great goalie can't save you with a defense that bad at shot suppression. Every time a Western team gets a lead, they just turtle and laugh.

If MTL is serious about being a contender they need to improve in that area. Sorry if the truth rubs you raw. Doesn't change anything.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013

Even a great goalie can't save you with a defense that bad at shot suppression. Every time a Western team gets a lead, they just turtle and laugh.

If MTL is serious about being a contender they need to improve in that area. Sorry if the truth rubs you raw. Doesn't change anything.

You mean like the game going on right now.:laugh:
Sure bud sure.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005

How many of those shots are quality scoring chances?

If those teams are so much better at 'shot suppression', how come the Habs shot plenty against them?

A Loyal Dog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016

They won against LA :D

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
I'm hoping Sharks or Ducks saw him light up the scoreboard with his new linemates and are more open to trade quality for him.

Problem from the Sharks' POV is that we don't have players that the Habs want who we can afford to trade. You want a 2C or a top-4 LD. We don't have spares unless you're interested in Martin and, since he's rebounded, I'm not sure the Sharks would want to trade him, even for a top player like Pacioretty. This is the first year in a long time that we have a solid defense from 1 - 7 and it's also near the end of Thornton's prime-ish days.

Similarly, the Ducks don't want to trade Rakell. Fowler is a possibility but the Ducks don't want to add and the Habs don't want just Fowler as the basis for a trade. It's been discussed to death and I don't see either side budging much.

A Loyal Dog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
Problem from the Sharks' POV is that we don't have players that the Habs want who we can afford to trade. You want a 2C or a top-4 LD. We don't have spares unless you're interested in Martin and, since he's rebounded, I'm not sure the Sharks would want to trade him, even for a top player like Pacioretty. This is the first year in a long time that we have a solid defense from 1 - 7 and it's also near the end of Thornton's prime-ish days.

Similarly, the Ducks don't want to trade Rakell. Fowler is a possibility but the Ducks don't want to add and the Habs don't want just Fowler as the basis for a trade. It's been discussed to death and I don't see either side budging much.

I agree about SJ. If Habs don't make it far to Playoffs, I'm rooting 100% for the Sharks. I felt really bad when they lost to Pittsburgh (nothing against Pittsburgh, but they already won a cup not long ago, and Sharks have been such a consistent, solid team for many years with top class veterans)... I don't know, it just felt right to see the Sharks win last season. If Habs don't make it to the Finals, go Sharks go!

Would be awesome to see Habs vs Sharks in Finals though. They're my 2 favorite teams!

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011

I've wanted a Pacioretty for Vlasic deal for the past 3 seasons, but I understand if that's still a pretty clear no-go from the Sharks POV. I'd assume Couture for Pacioretty is off the table as well..

You're probably right there's not much room to make a trade between these two teams..

I'd consider something like
Mueller + Meier + 1st
or if you need to add salary back
Dillon + Donskoi + 1st

or from the Ducks, something like
Pacioretty + Beaulieu for Fowler + Stoner + Rakell

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
I've wanted a Pacioretty for Vlasic deal for the past 3 seasons

Probably why you're the only habs fan on the trade proposals tonight :laugh:

The admins probably think that HF is actually on shutdown.... or they already know about the awesone performance of Pacioretty against LA

Last edited:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Probably why you're the only habs fan on the trade proposals tonight :laugh:

The admins probably think that HF is actually on shutdown.... or they already know about the awesone performance of Pacioretty against LA

Vlasic-Weber
Price

Good luck scoring you will need it

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
I've wanted a Pacioretty for Vlasic deal for the past 3 seasons, but I understand if that's still a pretty clear no-go from the Sharks POV. I'd assume Couture for Pacioretty is off the table as well..

You're probably right there's not much room to make a trade between these two teams..

Mueller + Meier + 1st
Dillon + Donskoi + 1st

Ducks are not trading Fowler who has been our best defenseman this season looking better then ever and Rakell our best young scorer (currently has more goals then Pacioretty in fewer games played) not even if we trade away Stoner (Stoner isn't that bad of a cap dump). Beaulieu is a defenseman we don't need and don't want.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Blue chip forward prospect and a top 4 defenseman (preferably LH) would be what I would want. Also, willing to make the deal bigger to try and fill 2C hole.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I'm hoping Sharks or Ducks saw him light up the scoreboard with his new linemates and are more open to trade quality for him.

Nope. Rakell and Fowler is still a stupid trade for Anaheim even if Patches goes the rest of the season playing well.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal

Mueller + Meier + 1st
Dillon + Donskoi + 1st

Both garbage deals, we're trying to win now.

Watch Pacioretty's numbers skyrocket now that he plays with Galchenyuk and Radulov and takes o-zone draws, before he was taking d-zone draws with Plekanec.

Last edited:

hockeyheadlines

Oct 9, 2016
Canada
Both garbage deals, we're trying to win now.

Watch Pacioretty's skyrocket now that he plays with Galchenyuk and Radulov and takes o-zone draws, before he was taking d-zone draws with Plekanec.

Guess who's fault it was? Hint, he's often seen behind the player's bench.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013

Mueller + Meier + 1st
Dillon + Donskoi + 1st

I'd do the first one bc it helps us win now but we can't fit it under the cap. Not sure why the Habs would do it, tho, bc they're also trying to win now.

I like the 2nd one but don't think we can afford to give up Dillon.

I agree about SJ. If Habs don't make it far to Playoffs, I'm rooting 100% for the Sharks. I felt really bad when they lost to Pittsburgh (nothing against Pittsburgh, but they already won a cup not long ago, and Sharks have been such a consistent, solid team for many years with top class veterans)... I don't know, it just felt right to see the Sharks win last season. If Habs don't make it to the Finals, go Sharks go!

Would be awesome to see Habs vs Sharks in Finals though. They're my 2 favorite teams!

Thanks. I'd like to see the Habs v Sharks in the Finals too. Radulov is really fun to watch. The game is SJ was a great goalie duel. That would also be fun to watch in the Finals.

Last edited:

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
if he was to be traded for a D, what would you be looking for a rhd or lhd?

100% lHD but it woulnt happen for a LHD only, we need a top 6 coming back. doesnt need to be proven like pacio, but needs to have very good upside and NHL ready without having his full potential fulfill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad