Speculation: Paches vs Bobby

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who stays healthier this season?

• Patches

• Nicky Bobby

• Both remain healthy, for once

Results are only viewable after voting.

Frostitute

Feb 9, 2022
Northern Ontario
Who goes on LTIR first? Or do they both remain healthy?

Yes this is lame. But its Sept 12th and a lot of us are losing our minds so why not see what people think in a 1v1 poll.

I personally think Patches will turn a bit of a corner (still a vet though) and be reasonably healthy this year. The last two off-seasons has been rehab for him. This year is another case, or at least im hoping.

PS used to be a big fan of NR but his attitude combined with his injury history has me hoping he moves on soon. Hopefully with decent return (low 2nd/high third?).

Reactions: Ianturnedbull

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
I was actually going to ask a question that this thread poses indirectly. Great timing!

So, with respect to health, don't we presume that MP is going to be injured and in so doing, don't we proactively offset his regular season deployment so that he is primed for the playoffs?

Robertson...I just don't see his gas tank being deep enough to withstand nominal regular season rigors. Can't wait to be wrong, but I don't see him lasting a whole season.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Robertson goes on LTIR first is my guess.

Patches mastered the art of dodging hits years ago. After Chara nearly decapitated him. Robertson doesn't appear to have fully figured it out yet.

The saddest thing is there's at least three other candidates just as fragile as these two.

Signing all these injury prone players doesn't give the impression of a GM who is effective at managing risk. It gives the impression of someone who is desperate. So they signed all these cheap injury prone guys because they're cheap because they're injury prone.

I'm not sure asking a team full of players made of glass to play a pound and ground style of hockey is the best idea myself.

What do you think is gonna happen when Berube has these guys taking hits in order to make a play. Expecting them to sacrifice their body for the greater good. My guess is Robertson and Pacioretty aren't the only ones on LTIR this year.

The only question is which one of them it is that gets hurt first.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I think the Bobcat gets traded. Locking him in at this puny number enhances his value and Pacioretty seems like a possible pivot. I honestly don't know if MP has anything left in the tank so the PTO is a look see while they shop, but I see him or another mystery winger in Nick's place when the season starts.

Reactions: ITM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad