GDT: P5: Blackhawks @ Wild | 7PM CST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Final home game of the preseason and one more on the road remaining.

So is this the final chance for guys like Åhgren to earn their spot or do they roll with the almost final lineup here?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Glad to see OofGrin playing with JEE, not so happy to see Rossi playing with Trenin and Foligno, but it's preseason... I'll XGrin and bear it. Hunt playing with Fabes is interesting. No pressure, but don't blow it, Damian!

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Glad to see OofGrin playing with JEE, not so happy to see Rossi playing with Trenin and Foligno, but it's preseason... I'll XGrin and bear it. Hunt playing with Fabes is interesting. No pressure, but don't blow it, Damian!
On the contrary for me, I think that 3rd line is going to slap as long as it's healthy *coughFolignocough*.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Pretty much looks like what they're going to roll out for game #1, with Boldy in Ohgren's spot.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
On the contrary for me, I think that 3rd line is going to slap as long as it's healthy *coughFolignocough*.
I thinks it's a mismatch of skills. Rossi was drafted as a high puck skill, offensive player with a bias towards distributing the puck to other skilled players. Foligno and Trenin are grinding, heavy players with mediocre at best puck skills, whose goals, on the rare times that they score them, are of the "garbage goal" variety. I think that Hartman is a far better match for them... now that would be a kick ass 3rd line running around. Rossi's skillset better suits playing on the 2nd line. I understand that you have to "earn it", and he does, but there is only so much he can accomplish playing with those two.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I thinks it's a mismatch of skills. Rossi was drafted as a high puck skill, offensive player with a bias towards distributing the puck to other skilled players. Foligno and Trenin are grinding, heavy players with mediocre at best puck skills, whose goals, on the rare times that they score them, are of the "garbage goal" variety. I think that Hartman is a far better match for them... now that would be a kick ass 3rd line running around. Rossi's skillset better suits playing on the 2nd line. I understand that you have to "earn it", and he does, but there is only so much he can accomplish playing with those two.
That may yet end up being the 3rd line, when all is said and done. For now, Rossi's got some grittiness in him and has enough skill to bring a different dimension to that line, I think he'll be ok there. In truth, I don't know for sure yet, but I'm excited to see how it pans out.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Middleton is day to day, assuming he and Boldy would have played had they been healthy. So this should be close to the opening night lineup. Hoping the goalies are the same. Flower doesn't need to play for the Wild anymore, he can finish his career in Iowa together with Freddy and Merrill.

• Love
Reactions: AKL

GordieGallant

Oct 6, 2020
East Metro, soon to be Up North.
Doesn’t make sense for Ohgren to make the team if Boldy is ready to start the season. I think you want him playing big minutes in Iowa, not playing on the 4th line.

Middleton is day to day, assuming he and Boldy would have played had they been healthy. So this should be close to the opening night lineup. Hoping the goalies are the same. Flower doesn't need to play for the Wild anymore, he can finish his career in Iowa together with Freddy and Merrill.
Yea right. Send the Hall of Fame goalie to Iowa. Can you imagine the reaction in the locker room?

Last edited:

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Doesn’t make sense for Ohgren to make the team if Boldy is ready to start the season. I think you want him playing big minutes in Iowa, not playing on the 4th line.

Yea right. Send the Hall of Fame goalie to Iowa. Can you imagine the reaction in the locker room?
You're probably right, he doesn't need to play on the 4th line.
And I know Flower's not going anywhere. I just think Wallstedt should get the chance to play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad