GDT: P2: Wild @ Stars | 7PM CST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Excited to watch Ohgren and Heidt to determine progression. Also, hoping to see Rossi put on a dominant performance.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Lauko - Khusnutdinov - Walker is an interesting combo, so much speed there. Should generate some transition opportunities with that group.

Stars are playing all the big guys in this game, should be a tough test for the youth.

Reactions: 57special

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Lauko - Khusnutdinov - Walker is an interesting combo, so much speed there. Should generate some transition opportunities with that group.

Stars are playing all the big guys in this game, should be a tough test for the youth.
At first glance, i was disappointed that we wouldn't see H H W line again, but Walker could do worse than Lauko, and Marat. He will have to provide the skill, Lauko the toughness, and Marat the two way play. Fast line, though.

Surprised to see Heidt as LW already.

It's disturbing the way they have Rossi with a bunch of minor leaguers, but i'll try to look at it as glass half full that they have him with XGrin. He'll probably have to fight off Hintz for most of the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Xhgren with Rossi and Boyd, interesting.
What can we expect from Boyd, what's his style and strengths?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Xhgren with Rossi and Boyd, interesting.
What can we expect from Boyd, what's his style and strengths?
I only vaguely remember him from his Gopher days. I think of him as a tweener, but it looks like he had a couple of decent years with the Coyotes? At his age(31), he should be smart, if nothing else. Not big or strong enough to be a physical player, fast or skilled enough to be top 9 guy on a regular basis. @AKL might have a better idea about him, having watched him down in ARI.

Reactions: Sweetnut

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Rossi with his first goal of the season, unfortunately it was on Gus.

Xgrin immediately stood out his first shift to me, flying around the ice.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
At first glance, i was disappointed that we wouldn't see H H W line again, but Walker could do worse than Lauko, and Marat. He will have to provide the skill, Lauko the toughness, and Marat the two way play. Fast line, though.

Surprised to see Heidt as LW already.

It's disturbing the way they have Rossi with a bunch of minor leaguers, but i'll try to look at it as glass half full that they have him with XGrin. He'll probably have to fight off Hintz for most of the game.
I've had a feeling that is where is going to end up. Rossi plays like a centerman (very cerebral, slows the game down, two-way reliable) and Heidt feels a bit more offensive. And from my brief viewing on him, I think he'll thrive in a more offensive role. And we are starting to have a lot of centers coming down the pipeline (JEE, Rossi, Yurov, Khusnutdinov, Bankier, Kumpulainen, arguably Stramel, then add in Hartman in the mix)

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Chisholm, Rossi two clear talent standouts for us. Ohgren, Heidt pretty good too, impressed with Heidt's defensive effort, minus getting walked by Stranges once in the NZ.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Only caught tail end of the period. Chisholm looks good, both mobile but also fairly reliable. A nice 3rd pairing.

And the energy duo of Khusnutdinov/Lauko is nice. I prefer them over the last few seasons version of Duhaime, Shaw, Dewar.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Cecconi looks acceptable at this level, Crotty is clearly overwhelmed. Spacek is quiet but solid. ROR has done ok on D but nothing with the puck.

Wild finally get a powerplay over halfway through the third.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad