P.K. Subban Thread - 7.0 - Great with computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Habs' only intention right now is to sign Subban, and not trade him. Things can change obviously, but I believe that's Mtl's position now..

It's hard to believe that's the case if what Lavoie reports is true and they're offering him essentially the same as was offered back in May. Their current offer is insulting. If Bergevin doesn't smarten up it's going to end badly.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
If I combined the info from Bobby Mac and RL together, I can now fairly certain that PK's contract has been leaked. The info from RL is very specific: 2.2 for this year and 2.9 for the next. This is very fine detail and I now believe MB is really low balling PK. MB gave Prust 2.5M for the next 4 years and he offer PK 2.55M per year for the next 2 year. Prust is a 3rd line forward while PK is a Number 1 D. Does MB know what he is doing?:shakehead

33Roy33

Jun 22, 2006
Corner Brook
For now I will give Bergevin the benefit of the doubt. However if this ends badly because they are set on sticking by the lowball offer of 2.2 and 2.9 mill then I will not forgive Bergevin for this.

Subban is the type of players all team want on their roster and it seems like the Habs are sending him packing.

If these rumors are true than it is an absolute disgrace and someone needs to wake Bergevin up before he sends away our best player.

LaTenderness*

For **** sakes BERGY quite piss arsing around and pay Pernell what you owe him.

Roulin

Mar 21, 2007
Montreal
@RenLavoieRDS
L'offre du Canadien, à PK Subban, n'a pas bougé depuis le mois de mai. 2,2 millions de dollars cette saison et 2,9 millions en 2013-14.

If true, it's ridiculous for so many reasons. One that hasn't been mentioned - May was before the lockout. Does MB believe that the context of the CBA shouldn't influence his contract offers? Either Lavoie or Bergevin is doing a terrible job here.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
If I combined the info from Bobby Mac and RL together, I can now fairly certain that PK's contract has been leaked. The info from RL is very specific: 2.2 for this year and 2.9 for the next. This is very fine detail and I now believe MB is really low balling PK. MB gave Prust 2.5M for the next 4 years and he offer PK 2.55M per year for the next 2 year. Prust is a 3rd line forward while PK is a Number 1 D. Does MB know what he is doing?:shakehead

Prust was UFA. Subban is RFA.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
Ok so people dispute Carbo for his info he passes along yet Lavoie gets a free pass and is taken as gospel with his info.

Yes. The info from RL is very specific. You can not pull the info from thin air just like that. If you combined RL number with Bobby Mac info, then the whole thing make sense. PK should be asking around 5M while MB's offer is around 2.5M.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
Ok so people dispute Carbo for his info he passes along yet Lavoie gets a free pass and is taken as gospel with his info.

Both reports should be taken with a grain of salt.

But, here is what we know:

1) Carbonneau's rumour was shot down by the source. Dead in the water
2) Lavoie is a real journalist, unlike Carbonneau.
3) MacKenzie and Dreger reported roughly the same thing as Lavoie.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Lowball offers to Subban,and a trade making sunban walk away,makes subbanroit.com pretty valuable....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad