NHL Entry Draft 2024 NHL Draft Talk

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
When I read concerns about guys like Connelly I think back on stuff I did as a teen and even into my early 20s and realize I'd totally be in the same boat if it was all public knowledge.

I'd love to see him picked with the Bruins first rounder, if we still have it.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I do wonder how Boyd is going to opperate.

I'd feel quite a bit better with some outside hires over the summer, and even giving a guy like De Blois some more pull in the scouting room.

I never realised Dale McTavish was a full-time pro socut with the Sens, I completely missed that. Must have been a guy Dimaio chose

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I'd draft Solberg over Dickinson.

Dickinson is just too vanilla outside of his elite physical tools. Nothing vanilla about Solberg.

Would you guys prefer Marc Methot or Anton Volchenkov?
I would legit have a hard time choosing between the two. Methot was mobile while being gritty af, but A-Train was a shot blocking hard hitting machine. Would be a great thread idea

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I think there are maybe 5/6 guys who are likely on the table, barring a guy like Lev or Lindstrom falling, any of which would be fine picks at 7. Not sure there is any worry of a Boucher type pick, would be a very, very large reach for a guy like Greentree or Beaudin for that kind of shock

Dickinson
Iginla
Sennecke
Yakemchuk
Silayev
Buium

I'm not sure that the Sens will be looking at Catton, Demidov, Helenius or Parekh, for better or worse. The above group would be the guys I'd be expecting to be the talk around the table in Ottawa and Vegas.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I think there are maybe 5/6 guys who are likely on the table, barring a guy like Lev or Lindstrom falling, any of which would be fine picks at 7. Not sure there is any worry of a Boucher type pick, would be a very, very large reach for a guy like Greentree or Beaudin for that kind of shock

Dickinson
Iginla
Sennecke
Yakemchuk
Silayev
Buium

I'm not sure that the Sens will be looking at Catton, Demidov, Helenius or Parekh, for better or worse. The above group would be the guys I'd be expecting to be the talk around the table in Ottawa and Vegas.
If Demidov falls to 7 I'd be prettyfrustrated if the Sens pass on him, the good news is I don't see him falling that far so we don't need to worry about it.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
If Demidov falls to 7 I'd be prettyfrustrated if the Sens pass on him, the good news is I don't see him falling that far so we don't need to worry about it.
I'm not sure where Demidov goes.

He's very easily the 2nd best player in the draft in my opinion, if given the chance I'd be running to the stage to grab him.

I think the first 2 picks are spoken for with Celebrini already announced for all intents and purpses by San Jose's social media and Levshunov to the Hawks.

Depending on what the Ducks and BJ's go with, both of whom I can see going elsewhere, I can see him slipping past the Habs and Utah. If they go with Lindstrom and Siliyev/Buium/Dickinson, do the Habs go Iginla/Sennecke and Utah go Siliyev/Buium/Dickinson?

I think he's a homerun pick, but I can also see teams being hesitent to grab him and causing him to slide a bit.

He doesn't have near the same worries as Mitchkov, nowhere close, but I can still see some teams wanting to go with the other bigger guys from places outside Russia.

I think he's going to be almost unanimously agreed to be the 2nd best guy avaialble by a majority of scouting teams, but I'd wager a lot that a lot of teams would be hesitent to take him where they have him "ranked " on talent

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Would you be really upset if they went way off the board again at pick 7 and took someone like Solberg, Hage or Jiricek? Or would you trust the scouts and wait and see how they do

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Would you be really upset if they went way off the board again at pick 7 and took someone like Solberg, Hage or Jiricek? Or would you trust the scouts and wait and see how they do
I for one am looking forward to an off the board pick, it worked so well last time afterall.

Reactions: DrEasy

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'm not sure where Demidov goes.

He's very easily the 2nd best player in the draft in my opinion, if given the chance I'd be running to the stage to grab him.

I think the first 2 picks are spoken for with Celebrini already announced for all intents and purpses by San Jose's social media and Levshunov to the Hawks.

Depending on what the Ducks and BJ's go with, both of whom I can see going elsewhere, I can see him slipping past the Habs and Utah. If they go with Lindstrom and Siliyev/Buium/Dickinson, do the Habs go Iginla/Sennecke and Utah go Siliyev/Buium/Dickinson?

I think he's a homerun pick, but I can also see teams being hesitent to grab him and causing him to slide a bit.

He doesn't have near the same worries as Mitchkov, nowhere close, but I can still see some teams wanting to go with the other bigger guys from places outside Russia.

I think he's going to be almost unanimously agreed to be the 2nd best guy avaialble by a majority of scouting teams, but I'd wager a lot that a lot of teams would be hesitent to take him where they have him "ranked " on talent
I hope we have the good sense not to over think it and take Demidov if he falls,

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I think there would be a collective agreement in extreme disapointment.

I love Solberg, I would love to add him to the pool. Using pick 7 would be high though, if we could move back to even 9/10 and grab Solberg along with another 2nd I think it would be an easier pill to swallow around here, even if there was still some disapointment feastering.

I think Solberg will be an extremely good player, I think it would end up much, much better than the previous reach. Not sure Hage or Jiricek give me the same optimism

There have been so many big misses lately that a lot of the trust the scouts built in 2020 has deteriorated a bit. Going 1/4 on 1st and 2nd round picks over the past 3 drafts isn't too inspiring

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Also, does anyone know if we are at the combine going on now in Florida for Demidov and Siliyev and others?

I'd have to imagine we aren't one of the teams who aren't attending.

Those at the combine have also shared that he's also much bigger than he's been listed, over 6 ft and well over the 165 he's generally been listed

Apparently NHL teams and their brass were extremely happily surprised with his size and english

Coming in at 6’1 makes Demidov quite a different story compared to what was thought of him even a week ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmix and DrEasy

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Very real chance he falls to 7 and I dont really want any part of it. This is the biggest boom bust player in the top 10. I am not sure if people have watched him but he is basically an average sized winger who plays like Spezza. All hope plays, tremendous skill but stuff that will not work in the NHL. The MHL is not a good hockey league. He would have to change his game completely, I think he has the ability to do it but does he have the will? The risk of a russian player that will have to change his style to play in the league is pretty scary. Secondly a skill winger to get picked in the top 10 has to be an absolute superstar to justify the pick.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Very real chance he falls to 7 and I dont really want any part of it. This is the biggest boom bust player in the top 10. I am not sure if people have watched him but he is basically an undersized winger who plays like Spezza. All hope plays, tremendous skill but stuff that will not work in the NHL. He would have to change his game completely. The risk of a russian player that will have to change his style to play in the league is pretty scary. Secondly a skill winger to get picked in the top 10 has to be an absolute superstar to justify the pick.
He's definitely not undersized as thought previously, came in at 6'1 at the Russian combine in Florida today, and looks to be at least 190+

Reactions: Micklebot

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
From what I've seen and heard Demidov is pretty engaged defensively. Not a guy that's going to be a two-way stalwart at the NHL level by any means, but he's doesn't have some of the perceived issues that guys like Yakupov and Michkov were nailed for.

I still have Demidov in my top-three and while I acknowledge he's not perfect, I think the upside justifies a top-five pick ahead of some of the players with bigger question marks.

Assuming Lindstrom goes top-four I honestly don't think he makes it past the Habs so any talk of Ottawa getting him or passing on him is moot.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
We’re going to have a shot at one of
buium
silayev
dickinson
levshunov

If you want D, you got it.

Reactions: DJB

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
We should have a poll for which of the following (basically, players who may be available to us at 7OA) will have the better NHL career:

Dickinson, Iginla, Sennecke, Yakemchuk, Silayev, Buium, Catton, Parekh

... and then revisit a few years down the road for gloating purposes.

#teamparekh

Reactions: bicboi64

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
We should have a poll for which of the following (basically, players who may be available to us at 7OA) will have the better NHL career:

#teamparekh
I’m pretty sure about buium iginla and catton.
I can’t be as sure about the others.
It’s so hard to predict.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
We’re going to have a shot at one of
buium
silayev
dickinson
levshunov

If you want D, you got it.
Levshunov will be picked by Chicago but they will have a shot at Parehk and Yakemchuk. I think atleast one of those lefties is gone by the time the sens pick. I think its going to be more predictable than people think. I think theres a good chance they have the choice of Iginla, Buium, Dickinson, Yakemchuk and Parehk. One will be gone but there will be options. Id honestly really look at moving down to 9 if Calgary really wants Iginla.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

#teamparekh

Ceiling I think there's an honest argument for any of them, but gun to my head I'd say Parekh/Buium.

Floor is easier for me as I think Dickinson and Silayev could play a 3rd pairing role sooner than later.

I honestly don't know what to make of Iginla and Sennecke who both have nice attributes, but personally I'd have them below the other names you listed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad