Owen Sound Attack 2024-25 Season, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Donnie with all due respect. They have a good track record. You don’t. Many people telling you the same thing? Chances are there’s some truth to it.

I have no “track record” when it comes to guessing potential trades because I don’t partake in that speculation.

A billet parent at the game Sunday night told me two completely different names that were apparently involved in the Barlow trade rumours. Was it any more accurate than the “insiders” on these boards?

Regardless of the source, I always think it through logically and rely on my own observations when analyzing it.

I know that Bedkowski is far better than a “third pairing defenceman” and that Delisle is infinitely better than a “fourth line centre” and that’s why I immediately called it an overpay.

I also know that Barlow has demanded a trade so if we think it through logically, does that help or hinder Owen Sound’s leverage in a trade?

JRHOCKEYBUZZ

Aug 22, 2024
Here is a big time hypothetical to throw out there and see what everyone thinks. Given the lack of desirable goaltending targets for trade. If a team were to approach Degray at the deadline and request the service of George, What would the fans think if the trigger was pulled on a move like this? Say for a similar return to what Leenders got probably even a little bit better
So hypothetically
Carter George traded to _____ in return 3X 2nd, 3x 3rd 4th & 5th (sub draft picks for roster players etc)

As a fan base is the a total no? If Koprowski comes in and looks solid enough is it worth doing?

Whats everyones thoughts?

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Here is a big time hypothetical to throw out there and see what everyone thinks. Given the lack of desirable goaltending targets for trade. If a team were to approach Degray at the deadline and request the service of George, What would the fans think if the trigger was pulled on a move like this? Say for a similar return to what Leenders got probably even a little bit better
So hypothetically
Carter George traded to _____ in return 3X 2nd, 3x 3rd 4th & 5th (sub draft picks for roster players etc)

As a fan base is the a total no? If Koprowski comes in and looks solid enough is it worth doing?

if thats the return, theyd get the same for him at the following trade deadline, why do it this year? im sure everyone is available for the right price, but an 06 goalie is a hard thing to move.

Reactions: Millpond

JRHOCKEYBUZZ

Aug 22, 2024
if thats the return, theyd get the same for him at the following trade deadline, why do it this year? im sure everyone is available for the right price, but an 06 goalie is a hard thing to move.
I was just putting the Leenders return out there as a baseline obviously George this year would fetch more. Just was wondering everyones overall thought would be on making said move. I think given the goaltending picture in the league this year teams maybe willing to overpay

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I was just putting the Leenders return out there as a baseline obviously George this year would fetch more. Just was wondering everyones overall thought would be on making said move. I think given the goaltending picture in the league this year teams maybe willing to overpay

but what is overpaying? i dont think any team would truly overpay enough for them to move him. its like guelph and jett ,why would they move him? the cost for 1 year of a wjc type player is 10 picks, so are guys like george and jett 15 picks? 20?

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
The Owen Sound board is fairly quiet compared to others. I'm sure it will go back to normal once the Barlow situation is over and we've all moved on. Personally, I enjoy the back and forth banter, even if it's sometimes not entirely Owen Sound centric. No hockey until Thursday I'm sure also pushes more traffic than the norm to the conversation.

What a refreshing comment!

It’s great to know that someone else appreciates discussion and debate about the OHL - - not just 100% sycophantic pom pom waving about their team.

I have no idea why so many people seem to want their team forums to remain desolate collecting tumbleweeds and cobwebs.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
So hypothetically

I can't see it happening. I think that's a move for next season if this team doesn't make the progress over the course of this year to show they can compete in George's final year in the league. I think ideally Koprowski plays around 20-25 games this year, both for his development and to keep George fresh. This year is all about growth and evaluation. The second half of this year should tell you as a GM what direction things need to go.

I can't see an OHL team making an offer that even temps DeGray. If they elect to move him next year they'll still get a boat load anyways. I think patience is the right approach here.

Reactions: JRHOCKEYBUZZ

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
So hypothetically

I don’t mean to be “antagonistic” but Owen Sound doesn’t have a hope in hell of contending for a championship this year. Especially if and when they trade Barlow. And they almost assuredly won’t have much better chance at contending next year either.

Other than a couple hundred thousand dollars in playoff revenue, there’s no difference between finishing in 10th place and missing the playoffs or finishing in 7th place and being first round cannon fodder.

Let’s try to think it through logically - - what benefit could there possibly be in holding onto George that outweighs the reward of trading him now?

Maybe he somehow makes the NHL next year and doesn’t return to junior? Maybe he get hurt and misses significant time? Maybe he demands a trade like Barlow has done this year and hurts the team’s negotiating leverage?

If Owen Sound can get a couple of promising 08’s or 07’s along with a half dozen 2nd and 3rd round picks for Carter George, it should be an absolute no-brainer to accept.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
So hypothetically

I don’t see it happening unless someone offers a good 16 year old and quite a few picks so Owen sound can have 2 ‘08 frp 16 year olds to carry through the rebuild. For instance with London- if Hawery would go to Owen Sound that could be a team. However with Hawery he apparently told teams he was going somewhere other than the OHL for him to fall to London. With him doing this I don’t think he would agree on a trade to Owen Sound.

I think the realistic thing that happens is they wait until next year and develop Koprowski for a year first under George- one of if not the best goalie in the league and then if they feel he is ready for some more minutes- trade George for (2025/26 deadline) an ‘09 frp, multiple picks to go with it and pick up a decent backup to split the games with Koprowski next year

Also since Donnie mentioned it- George is 1000% staying in the OHL year as well. The kings have Portillo and Slukynsky that would likely both get into the NHL before George right now. I think the most likely path for Carter is this year and next in the OHL- followed by the AHL for a year or two- then making the jump into the NHL at age 22

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
I have no “track record” when it comes to guessing potential trades because I don’t partake in that speculation.

A billet parent at the game Sunday night told me two completely different names that were apparently involved in the Barlow trade rumours. Was it any more accurate than the “insiders” on these boards?

Regardless of the source, I always think it through logically and rely on my own observations when analyzing it.

I know that Bedkowski is far better than a “third pairing defenceman” and that Delisle is infinitely better than a “fourth line centre” and that’s why I immediately called it an overpay.

I also know that Barlow has demanded a trade so if we think it through logically, does that help or hinder Owen Sound’s leverage in a trade?
Ok, So you know more about these two players than me. (I know nothing)

Tell me how good they are, and where they slot into Attacks current roster .

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022

Delisle will be in your top 6. Will be big point producer in 18-19 year old seasons. Because of his size he may not make NHL but this is his draft year and he may get selected in rounds 5-7

Bedkowski if Smith is traded top 4 for sure- probably top 2. Big young d man right now is pretty good but again will be better in a year or two. Again since he has the late birthday despite being an 06- this is his draft year this year as well. May get selected as well in the bottom 3 rounds of the draft if he improves the offensive production.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Let’s try to think it through logically - - what benefit could there possibly be in holding onto George that outweighs the reward of trading him now?
This may not seem logical to you. I'm not trying to be antagonistic back, but unless you've followed the Attack, as a regular in-person fan, you have absolutely no idea of the unique relationship between the fan base and the team .

I won't get into it here,but if you have time research 1999 and the Platers. It'll tell you a lot about Attack fans .

There is no other building or market like ours in the OHL.

If you can grasp any of that you will begin to understand what Carter George and his family mean to our team and city.

As well as Colby Barlow.

Delisle will be in your top 6. Will be big point producer in 18-19 year old seasons. Because of his size he may not make NHL but this is his draft year and he may get selected in rounds 5-7

Bedkowski if Smith is traded top 4 for sure- probably top 2. Big young d man right now is pretty good but again will be better in a year or two. Again since he has the late birthday despite being an 06- this is his draft year this year as well. May get selected as well in the bottom 3 rounds of the draft if he improves the offensive production.
Thank you

Donnie740

May 28, 2021

I love Delisle’s game and have since he first broke in with the Generals last year. He’s a two-way player with a developing offensive game. You’ll never have to question his effort or tenacity. Good forechecker and even though he’s short at only 5’9” he’s more than willing to hit guys and drop the gloves. His father played for the 67’s so he’s a pro’s pro who understands the game. He’s a great 3rd liner in a championship level team and a definite top six forward on an average team.

Bedkowski is a poor-mans Ben Danford. Not as good of a skater as Danford but more physical and combative. Doesn’t have much of an offensive game yet, but he’s rock solid defensively. No question he’s a legit second pairing defenceman on a championship level team.

Reactions: Millpond

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad