Owen Sound Attack 2024-25 Season, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
If you have Ritchie and Roobroeck back, plus griffin, Delisle easily slots in as 4C, and while I think he’s better than Costello, I don’t think it’s a massive gap by any means. Costello would be a fine 4C. He has some size, skates well and is a very good PK’er. Say only one of Ritchie and Roobroeck return, than a Delisle is 3C. You could quite easily replace that via trade between now and the trade deadline. I don’t worry about ranking players 1-9 as a lot of it is contingent on position. Franssen and Rogowski both look like they’re everyday OHL players as well, and once you had Barlow, Sennecke, Ritchie/Roobroeck, they get pushed further down the lineup and can play against other teams bottom 6, third pair D. A Paquette from Guelph or a Foster from Ottawa would be two potential C’s I’d look to add, and they shouldn’t cost an arm and a leg to acquire. Plenty other options as well. They also have the chance to do what they did last year and upgrade Stewart to Punnett, with Torrance or D’Amato. They could flip Torrance plus a pick or two for a Van Steensel, Wakely, Allard, Swick type. We will also have additional 2nds and 3rds to work with even after acquiring Barlow, plus the option of Smith as a trade chip. I don’t understand your negativity. You are super high on Brampton, who I believe is a good team, but they’re thin as well outside their top 5 players. Martone, Rehkopf, MacDonell, Misa and Sova and then a bunch of mid level OHL players. Von Richter is solid, I’ll give you that.

Costello has ZERO chance of getting any ice time on a championship contender. Maybe in a couple of years, but definitely not this year.

Let’s use London as an example since they’re the best team money can buy and the gold standard of the OHL - - did they have any Shawn Costello types playing last year? No, of course not.

William Nichol was a bottom six player for London last year. Who? Then he ends up getting drafted by the Oilers. There’s a better chance of my pet goldfish getting drafted than there is of Costello getting drafted this year. That’s not being “negative” my friend - - it’s just the factual reality.

If Oshawa has Ritchie, Roobroeck, Griffin and Delisle on the roster this year one of them will shift to the wing because all four are legitimate top nine forwards on a contending team.

Just like last year when they had Ritchie, Roobroeck, and Lockhart as centremen - - they all played on the top two lines. And you never saw Griffin or Delisle sitting in the press box last year because there was only one spot for a fourth line centre behind those three.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Costello has ZERO chance of getting any ice time on a championship contender. Maybe in a couple of years, but definitely not this year.

Let’s use London as an example since they’re the best team money can buy and the gold standard of the OHL - - did they have any Shawn Costello types playing last year? No, of course not.

William Nichol was a bottom six player for London last year. Who? Then he ends up getting drafted by the Oilers. There’s a better chance of my pet goldfish getting drafted than there is of Costello getting drafted this year. That’s not being “negative” my friend - - it’s just the factual reality.

If Oshawa has Ritchie, Roobroeck, Griffin and Delisle on the roster this year one of them will shift to the wing because all four are legitimate top nine forwards on a contending team.

Just like last year when they had Ritchie, Roobroeck, and Lockhart as centremen - - they all played on the top two lines. And you never saw Griffin or Delisle sitting in the press box last year because there was only one spot for a fourth line centre behind those three.
I’d argue Van Gorp last season wouldn’t be too far off Costello. They played guys like Sawyer and Ryder Boulton, as well as Van Bommell. We’re talking about a 4th line C here, anyways.

cruickshankd

Jun 3, 2024
1000003984.jpg

HuntersAreOverrated

Aug 28, 2024
Ontario
This is the first "rebuild" DD has done in OS since he arrived ( except the first season he was here)

If he plays his cards right, he could parlay those picks into a couple more useful pieces in future.

The Attack has a bunch of young unproven talent this season . Looking forward to how things transpire

And we're gonna miss all you guys once the deal is done . 😀

One thing I’ll never miss … games against Oshawa. It’s a guaranteed win every time LOL (Gens haven’t beat the Attack in regulation, O.T. OR shootout since 2019 🤣).

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
The way this is written suggests it's Barlow plus another Attack player on the way out in this deal which is the first I've seen it that way. Curious if this deal has evolved somehow.
There was talks at some point of involving Konnor Smith but latest rumor was those talks died down but perhaps things have changed.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
yeah plus then Oshawa would have to send an OA back, so perhaps there is another player that hasn't been mentioned yet. We should know tomorrow or Wednesday.
NO !!
The Attack, including KS are rostering 4 OA.

So there would be no OA returning , if a deal is done in future .

Reactions: AttackRinkRat

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
yeah plus then Oshawa would have to send an OA back, so perhaps there is another player that hasn't been mentioned yet. We should know tomorrow or Wednesday.
If there's another player coming with Barlow I don't think it will be a D, especially if it's not changing the return to Owen Sound in any significant way. I would think it's most likely a depth forward.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
NO !!
The Attack, including KS are rostering 4 OA.

So there would be no OA returning , if a deal is done in future .

Agree, it would make ZERO sense for Owen Sound to acquire an OA.

If Oshawa was just looking to dump an OA like Torrance I’m sure Owen Sound would take him for free, but it defies logic for a rebuilding team to be giving up assets to acquire a third line OA plugger.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
maybe, but i still think itll happen, its a good trade for them imo, but what i do i know.
Is it confirmed to be just Barlow heading to Oshawa? The package that's been put out there makes a lot of sense for Owen Sound in my opinion. The injury situation puts a wrench into things after they cut Ethier prior to the season starting to carry 7D when Bedkowski comes but now would have no depth while Bedkowski is out and no real internal options if they get into trouble. Two of their 6D currently are rookies and one only played 11 games last season. It's a bit of a thin group on experience.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
A lot of rumors swelling around this morning on Barlow and the state of a pending done deal.

Makes me wonder why Oshawa risked playing their players involved at risk of something like this happening.

Gonna be a lot of back and fourth speculation today and probably tomorrow on this but I ultimately think Barlow has the final say. A deal won't get finalized unless Barlow agrees he will report to said team.

Guess we all have to stand by and anxiously wait it out.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Is it confirmed to be just Barlow heading to Oshawa? The package that's been put out there makes a lot of sense for Owen Sound in my opinion. The injury situation puts a wrench into things after they cut Ethier prior to the season starting to carry 7D when Bedkowski comes but now would have no depth while Bedkowski is out and no real internal options if they get into trouble. Two of their 6D currently are rookies and one only played 11 games last season. It's a bit of a thin group on experience.

as of friday just one player going to oshawa

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
A lot of rumors swelling around this morning on Barlow and the state of a pending done deal.

Makes me wonder why Oshawa risked playing their players involved at risk of something like this happening.

Gonna be a lot of back and fourth speculation today and probably tomorrow on this but I ultimately think Barlow has the final say. A deal won't get finalized unless Barlow agrees he will report to said team.

Guess we all have to stand by and anxiously wait it out.
If you read the entire thread from Greg Cowan posted above, apparently Barlow has given a list of teams, a manageable list per DeGray. How might the Bedkowski injury have changed things we may never know but it would at least seam at surface level it has opened the door to a bidding war of sorts. If it's truly 5 Eastern Conference teams as stated, the obvious teams would seem to be Kingston, Brantford, Oshawa, Brampton and Barrie. This may not be a quick resolution.

Reactions: Section5Petes

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
If you read the entire thread from Greg Cowan posted above, apparently Barlow has given a list of teams, a manageable list per DeGray. How might the Bedkowski injury have changed things we may never know but it would at least seam at surface level it has opened the door to a bidding war of sorts. If it's truly 5 Eastern Conference teams as stated, the obvious teams would seem to be Kingston, Brantford, Oshawa, Brampton and Barrie. This may not be a quick resolution.

i can see barrie making a bigger offer but they woudlnt before, why would they now?

it will take alot to trump oshawa's offer imo, but well see.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
I agree, if it's 5 teams it would be those 5. DeGray may be in a very advantageous position now.

Probably still accurate with Oshawa and Barrie being the front runners but if Brantford and Brampton become legitimate options, they have the capital to up the ante.

Reactions: Section5Petes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad