Owen Sound Attack 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Figured that Mikus would sign, they wouldn't take a 2007 born player without knowing if he was coming.

Also now that we have confirmation that both are headed to Owen Sound, that's great news. The defenceman seems like a future power play quarterback and the import sounds like a bit of a hidden gem.
I thought Mikus would sign but wasn't sure he'd sign before camp. I haven't lived in the region in awhile but the SIJHL isn't the best of leagues so you pretty well have to throw away the counting stats and focus on the tools to understand what translates to the OHL. I would think it's a promising sign if they want to put pen to paper with the player before camp.

I get the impression the Russian Varosyan isn't all that hidden but was more of a surprise in that he would come to North America from what I've seen. If the Attack can get him to come over that looks like a really big get or at least has the potential to be. Exciting tools/skillset seems to be the book on him. If both imports commit this would seem to be a potential banner day.

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
I thought Mikus would sign but wasn't sure he'd sign before camp. I haven't lived in the region in awhile but the SIJHL isn't the best of leagues so you pretty well have to throw away the counting stats and focus on the tools to understand what translates to the OHL. I would think it's a promising sign if they want to put pen to paper with the player before camp.

I get the impression the Russian Varosyan isn't all that hidden but was more of a surprise in that he would come to North America from what I've seen. If the Attack can get him to come over that looks like a really big get or at least has the potential to be. Exciting tools/skillset seems to be the book on him. If both imports commit this would seem to be a potential banner day.
Hidden more due to the team that he was on seems to be poor and in the worst part of russia to scout.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Hidden more due to the team that he was on seems to be poor and in the worst part of russia to scout.
Fair enough. Definitely not in the easiest of places to get to. According to the write up, his goal is to come over for visibility with the goal of getting drafted. Can definitely accomplish that in Owen Sound. It will be exciting to get a look at him in camp.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
With 8 weeks till training camp starts this is going to be another interesting camp for players and fans alike.

There's definitely some interesting prospects at least from a statistical perspective coming into camp this year, and will be exciting to see what exactly there skill sets are in comparison to the returning roster that will make up the team.

The other exciting thing will be to see what this fresh new bench personnel can do to mold this roster into what our new HC's visions are. Coach Wray comes from what has been a very strong North Bay organization the past number of seasons with a competitive hockey and hopefully he can utilize the resources here to bring a similar result.

Until we actually see what this team can do in pre-season games I wouldn't put a huge expectation on where this team would end up in the standings. Along with the recent import draft where we have looked to have picked up a pair of interesting European players this roster on paper at least looks to be taking some shape.

It all starts in 8 weeks with rooke camp...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad