Owen Sound Attack 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Boy oh boy is the 5-8 playoff seeding in the west tight. Only two points separate the group with just a handful of games left to play.

Owen Sound has Kitchener, Soo, Sudbury, Guelphx2 to go
Erie has Niagara, Saginaw, Flint, Windsor, Kitchener
Guelph has Windsor, Saginaw, Kitchenerx2, Owen Soundx2, London
Flint has Sarnia, Windsor, Erie, Soo, Sarnia

Looks like it will go right to the wire.

1710428113222.png

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
One little streak either way for any of those teams could make or break any one of them

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
I'd LOVE to see the rookies all play the rest of the way.
Sedley's major is a match penalty on the score sheet which typically comes with a suspension. Could see more of Ethier or Smith. I'm not sure what Crawford's injury situation is but I'm on board to see him and Nansi play. Wouldn't hate Koprowski getting another start either.

TheBlueMonster

Sep 14, 2022
Votary played a hell of a game. Should have stayed in net on the one goal but he was playing for himself tonight. Defence just abandoned him. Forwards had nothing going.

It's just not a good mix of players.

As a one time attack sth years ago, I've always been a fan of Dale Degray but his coaching blunders have cost the team multiple times. Valuable development time. It's likely time for him to go. And its not me blaming him. It might just be time for a new voice, new leadership in Owen Sound. Degray will land on his feet. But I just think a new philosophy, new scouts, new managers, new coaches will do the organization well in the long run.

Rattler

Sep 2, 2022
Votary played a hell of a game. Should have stayed in net on the one goal but he was playing for himself tonight. Defence just abandoned him. Forwards had nothing going.

It's just not a good mix of players.

As a one time attack sth years ago, I've always been a fan of Dale Degray but his coaching blunders have cost the team multiple times. Valuable development time. It's likely time for him to go. And its not me blaming him. It might just be time for a new voice, new leadership in Owen Sound. Degray will land on his feet. But I just think a new philosophy, new scouts, new managers, new coaches will do the organization well in the long run.
I am sorry, but why was Votary playing this game at all. This is not my board, but it seems to me Votary was being pushed under bus here.
Shouldn't your star goalie have been playing this game? That seems to be trend around the league, toughest teams are played against your best lineup.
It appears George is being shielded by management here, and not sure it helps his cause that much. As I, as mere observer can see it, I'm sure scouts and NHL teams can see it too.
I wonder what would be score with George on goal? Don't we all?

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
I am sorry, but why was Votary playing this game at all. This is not my board, but it seems to me Votary was being pushed under bus here.
Shouldn't your star goalie have been playing this game? That seems to be trend around the league, toughest teams are played against your best lineup.
It appears George is being shielded by management here, and not sure it helps his cause that much. As I, as mere observer can see it, I'm sure scouts and NHL teams can see it too.
It is a three in three weekend, this game was the weakest of the three in theory

Bear in the Woods

Nov 21, 2017
Of the last 15 games the Attack have played.....they have one win in regulation time. That was vs. Windsor. Of the last 30 games they have 5 wins in regulation.
Very unfortunate, with the talent on this team.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Not that I endorse the tactic, but coach is clearly saving George for the two games they feel they have the best chance to win.

But in what was likely Votary's last OHL start, barring an injury to George, a pathetic level of effort from the team in front of him.

OSattackfan

Jan 13, 2018
Sedley's major is a match penalty on the score sheet which typically comes with a suspension. Could see more of Ethier or Smith. I'm not sure what Crawford's injury situation is but I'm on board to see him and Nansi play. Wouldn't hate Koprowski getting another start either.
What a stupid penalty on his behalf. Behind the play, I'm surprised he hasn't had more calls on him this year the that same kind of play

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
What a stupid penalty on his behalf. Behind the play, I'm surprised he hasn't had more calls on him this year the that same kind of play
Still wondering what Sedlely actually did to garner a match penalty? Couldn't see it clearly on the tube. The Attack have some real solid players. Not sure what is going on. They should be winning a lot more with this group.

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
Of the last 15 games the Attack have played.....they have one win in regulation time. That was vs. Windsor. Of the last 30 games they have 5 wins in regulation.
Very unfortunate, with the talent on this team.
Wow, that is not good. You guys already tried "saving" George for the more winnable games. The last time it happened was the last place Petes', and karma got you. I've seen it here in Kingston too, the team can quit on a coach, and I think this team has done that. Where are your top 2 lines? The last few games the 3rd line has scored, again last night. If Barlow isn't scoring, what does he do to help your team? I still maintain the half in half out trade deadline killed your teams chances of doing anything now, or in the near future.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Carter has played a ton for a 17 yr old.

I think they are trying to buy him as much rest as they can .

Reactions: Ward Cornell

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Still wondering what Sedlely actually did to garner a match penalty? Couldn't see it clearly on the tube. The Attack have some real solid players. Not sure what is going on. They should be winning a lot more with this group.
I think if the Ranger player was in the vicinity of the puck it would've been a 2 minute minor. But the puck wasn't close and to give out the type of slash in this case probably warranted a major.
What does an Attack fan think??

Reactions: bobber

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
So as a Major Jr Coach which game this weekend would you play Corbin? Not very often if ever does a goalie play 3 gms in 2 1/2 days in this league. All 3 opponents this weekend are top teams. If you don't play him and play a 16 yr old with 1 start and 2 appearances you feel the wrath of everyone that doesn't like that decision. Or as an experienced Coach do you play Carter all 3 risk him getting hurt Sun afternoon then your totally screwed going into playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad