Owen Sound Attack 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
I would say the move on Saturday against Sag was the last straw for the players, again Votary is well liked on the team and this was a dick move. Money certainly is a factor although asst coaches in the OHL are cheap, 35-45 k. They may still be paying Walters and I think the consensus is the season is over. I would guess the search is on
Wait, if your from Kingston how could you know who is or not well liked. They may like him, but every game the played infront of him they had no energy for 3 months and the team would be down 1-0 4/5 shots in. They quit on him a while ago

Wasn’t Stewart living with Corbin last year?

Coaches need to go, anyone think that Degray has passed his best before date too? He's not going to get to 30 wins and he made this mess.
That’s not Degray, that’s the owners. He doesn’t just decide something like that, the owners want it. Like it or not it’s an organizational philosophy

Last edited:
Reactions: DCruickshank

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
Wait, if your from Kingston how could you know who is or not well liked. They may like him, but every game the played infront of him they had no energy for 3 months and the team would be down 1-0 4/5 shots in. They quit on him a while ago

Wasn’t Stewart living with Corbin last year?

That’s not Degray, that’s the owners. He doesn’t just decide something like that, the owners want it. Like it or not it’s an organizational philosophy
Uens got traded here, word gets around. Not close enought o know where Stewart lives

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Glad the Attack Pak got some entertaining hockey this weekend for those who made the trip. I'm sure it would have been preferred to have taken care of business in regulation but two big wins and 4 points coming home. The team needs to go 2-3 the rest of the way to hit 30 wins. It's a tall task given the remaining schedule but they've definitely made things a little bit easier on themselves.

Really like that third line with Hookey stepping up lately. The line of Hookey Cormier and McCue adds some much needed depth scoring to the mix. Guindon showing signs of life this weekend is great too. Really need that second line to find their rhythm.

Reactions: AttackRinkRat

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
big weekend for you guys. I'm not sure you will like the 9 goals against versus a not great Erie team, but 4 points is four points

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
I think you are underestimating Erie some what ktown. Even Knight fans don't want them in the first round.
I think the poster generally tries to find the flaw/negative on the team because of how they play some of his favorite players from his hometown.

At this point a win is a win, and when your third line drives alot of why you got the points, thats not a bad thing. Positives are both Hookey and Cormier having very strong weekends and adding desperate secondary scoring. Cerdric got going a bit with the pump to the old 'McKelvie' line. This are spread out nicely and if those guys who were slumping can get going again, thats a big W.

I do worry about Carter, I was concerned they played him into the ground early (I get it, the backup did not give them many options), and I hope we are not seeing the result of that.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I think the poster generally tries to find the flaw/negative on the team because of how they play some of his favorite players from his hometown.

At this point a win is a win, and when your third line drives alot of why you got the points, thats not a bad thing. Positives are both Hookey and Cormier having very strong weekends and adding desperate secondary scoring. Cerdric got going a bit with the pump to the old 'McKelvie' line. This are spread out nicely and if those guys who were slumping can get going again, thats a big W.

I do worry about Carter, I was concerned they played him into the ground early (I get it, the backup did not give them many options), and I hope we are not seeing the result of that.
In this league you just cannot under estimate opponents. No matter where a team is in the standings. These players all have a skill set and have played at an elite level all their lives. Wouldn't be playing in the OHL if not. The Attack have a bunch of skilled players and a great goalie. They won this last game by persevering and found a way to finish.

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022

are you happy with 9 goals against. Are you happy with the defensive structure of your team. I just thought it was a cause for concern. Nothing more, nothing less.

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
are you happy with 9 goals against. Are you happy with the defensive structure of your team. I just thought it was a cause for concern. Nothing more, nothing less.
No, that's why I mentioned it. Alot of it seems to be on the goalie thou, so my hope is some rest and he gets back to where he could be. He's still the top goalie in the league at this stage.

But, for someone (yourself) who has gone after some of the depth forwards of the team, having them drive the team's success for a weekend probably is worth noting, if you have an interest in the teams success.

If you don't like what i have to say, trust me, you don't have to reply.

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
Happy to see the boys grind out the 4 points.. hopefully a somewhat of a turning point.. a bit sloppy in many aspects but finding ways to win is what good teams do and we managed to do that.. Erie for sure has some good speed and at times had us hemed in. Butler has been around along time and is a good coach so Im not shocked that he has been able to have some success in Erie.. The Hookey line has been great lately which is a nice treat. We for sure won that trade. Congrats on the post season gang. Lets finish off on a high note and go and make some noise. Ill gladly eat some crow on many of my past comments if we can do that.

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
No, that's why I mentioned it. Alot of it seems to be on the goalie thou, so my hope is some rest and he gets back to where he could be. He's still the top goalie in the league at this stage.

But, for someone (yourself) who has gone after some of the depth forwards of the team, having them drive the team's success for a weekend probably is worth noting, if you have an interest in the teams success.

If you don't like what i have to say, trust me, you don't have to reply.
Same goes for you, It is nice to see depth, you need it n the playoffs,

Reactions: OSattackfan

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
Same goes for you, It is nice to see depth, you need it n the playoffs,
Just figured that out of objectivity and fairness, if you harp on something, or a player for a month, when that thing/player shows a very good weekend, you would offer an equal level of praise. Fans of teams generally do that, get frustrated when things go poorly but get excited and offer praise when that thing turn.

Reactions: Spills

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
In this league you just cannot under estimate opponents. No matter where a team is in the standings. These players all have a skill set and have played at an elite level all their lives. Wouldn't be playing in the OHL if not. The Attack have a bunch of skilled players and a great goalie. They won this last game by persevering and found a way to finish.
bobber your 100% right if you underestimate any team in this league you are setting yourself up for disappointment. Erie has been steadily climbing the standings for awhile now and are a pretty solid lineup.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Just figured that out of objectivity and fairness, if you harp on something, or a player for a month, when that thing/player shows a very good weekend, you would offer an equal level of praise. Fans of teams generally do that, get frustrated when things go poorly but get excited and offer praise when that thing turn.
hes not a fan of teams, just a handful of 04 born players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad