Prospect Info: Owen Beck

Jul 6, 2016
I think Beck and Tuch are NHLers but I don't think they have high upside, just don't believe in their offensive games enough to see them as more then bottom 6 types.

I don't think the Habs are in a good spot yet but we'll see as Slaf has been better then I expected and Hage has done nothing but impress me every time i've seen him but he still has work to do of course. I just have a lot of doubts about the future of the offense, I have been one of the biggest fans of Hutson on this board since we drafted him, and I badly wanted us to get Demidov but I just don't know where else the high end talent will come from. Dach and Slaf are tough to say how good will they end up, and of course they will likely get some help at the draft this summer since they have 2 1st's but I think they will need a lot of improvement so we'll see how it unfolds.
At some point, they need good vets to balance their offence.

Reactions: montreal

Jul 6, 2016
At some point, they need good vets to balance their offence.
Laine could help - we will see later on - , but a guy like Marchesseault or even Perron could had helped for the time being. Trading Monahan was good (for picks) , but bad, hockey wise.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Laine could help - we will see later on - , but a guy like Marchesseault or even Perron could had helped for the time being. Trading Monahan was good (for picks) , but bad, hockey wise.

Wonder what this board would be saying if the Habs had added Marchessault, Skej & Stamkos this summer and we were sitting at 0-5 the way the Preds are lol

• Haha
Reactions: Redux91

Jul 6, 2016
Wonder what this board would be saying if the Habs had added Marchessault, Skej & Stamkos this summer and we were sitting at 0-5 the way the Preds are lol
Chances are Nashville will get out of its hole eventually while te Habs will continue to sink towards the bottom of the sea. Those vets were rejected by their former teams for no good reasons (outside $$$), and it will take some time for them to adapt.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Chances are Nashville will get out of its hole eventually while te Habs will continue to sink towards the bottom of the sea. Those vets were rejected by their former teams for no good reasons (outside $$$), and it will take some time for them to adapt.
Yes, patience is quite likely warranted even though we're talking about seasoned vets.

One might think U25 players would warrant similar, or even greater patience lol

I suspect Beck will join the Habs at some point in the next 12-18 months, hopefully he gets that kind of patience ;)

Reactions: CHwest

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Yes, patience is quite likely warranted even though we're talking about seasoned vets.

One might think U25 players would warrant similar, or even greater patience lol

I suspect Beck will join the Habs at some point in the next 12-18 months, hopefully he gets that kind of patience ;)
I think Beck will get a good look later this season.

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Great pass, great snipe.

I feel like most everyone (other than the good admiral) is sleeping on this kid.

He does so many little things well, you have no doubt that he’ll be a solid professional. Pigeon holing him into a future third line center seems to be the main thing I’ve seen (and I’ve been guilty of it myself) on these boards but I truly feel like there’s more to Beck. He has the elite skill to go with the elite smarts and work ethic. This young man is a terrific player to have in the pipeline and we will be seeing him a lot sooner than later.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Great pass, great snipe.

I feel like most everyone (other than the good admiral) is sleeping on this kid.

He does so many little things well, you have no doubt that he’ll be a solid professional. Pigeon holing him into a future third line center seems to be the main thing I’ve seen (and I’ve been guilty of it myself) on these boards but I truly feel like there’s more to Beck. He has the elite skill to go with the elite smarts and work ethic. This young man is a terrific player to have in the pipeline and we will be seeing him a lot sooner than later.
Some things I noticed...powerful skater, appears to possess hockey IQ in spades, has a great shot and is very strong and punishing. The kid looked amazing today.

Reactions: Beendair Donedat

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Great pass, great snipe.

I strongly disagree that there's more to his game than being a luxuary 3rd liner who shuts down the best forwards.

Hes been playing on the 1st PP wave all this time and only has 2 pts total.
Hes valuable on the pk and 3rd C, other thsn this you will hurt him and the team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad