Proposal: Ovechkin to FLA

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Holy ****. You replied to my post and not only missed the entire point you dobuled down and were completely incorrect in what I said twice now.

He is off to the best year of his career at 33.. This is the best time to move him. He will not be this good for much longer and you can sucker an oldschool GM into getting him and retool the roster and prospect pool.

There’s a reason he’s got “special” status on the Caps boards lol....

Wendelistheman

Oct 3, 2018
Milton
Thinking somewhat short AND long term, and more of an offseason move to convince OV to add us to his no trade if we're not already(he owns property here) and the repeat doesn't happen...

Considering OV did bring the parade to Washington, and they are still well built from top to bottom. Also, if Washington keeps the team they have as they have it, the transition into their inevitable rebuild phase won't be a nice one especially going into Seattle's expansion draft...

The Panthers are in desperate need of something most major. And super refreshing.

Ovechkin is 33 at the tail end of his prime. I would estimate he is likely has 2 or 3 great years before his age would slow him any. Maybe a couple more, who knows. We got Jagr to stand up from his wheelchair and look what he did. I'm taking marketability into heavy consideration as 33 year old Alex Ovechkin for the next 3 years will sell a jersey to every breathing Panthers fan as Bure did(forget the bobbleheads, t-shirts, etc.)

Hoffman is 29, couple years left in his contract, in the middle of his prime, our best goal scorer.

Dadonov is 29, also a couple years left, also in the middle of his prime, under Hoff and Barkov(who will die a Panther, don't even. He and Vince will die as career Panthers).

and the kicker- Huberdeau is 25 and entering his prime. No explanation necessary for the Caps here. Panthers justify this by asking if the fans want to see the next few years waiting for their successful AHL team to translate into joining Barkov and Trocheck with Ovechkin and his record chase, or if they want the next 5-7 years with Huberdeau. Sometimes ya gotta sacrifice the queen to have the best chance to win.

Opening up 2 roster slot more for the Panthers, and adding a bit of contract space to Washington, and a bit of youth that losing Huberdeau brings, the Panthers take Brett Connolly not only to level out the contract, but to fill a role usually filled with aged end of the liners. Sure he produces less than Huberdeau, but Connolly replaces Brouwer and fill that roles for the next 5 years. Washington adding two more guys can spare whoever to Seattle when the time comes.

Also as we see the cap rising for this to be possible- Washington's top 6 (or 7) for the next 5 years solid now reads Backstrom, Kuzy, Hoffman, Oshie, Dadonov, Huberdeau, and Wilson.

Ovechkin and Connolly for Hoffman, Dadonov, and Huberdeau.

Yay or nay?
nay...Ovie is a Caps lifer. it would take a miracle for washington to trade him.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Trust me, don't LMAO on that . . . I live in Boca but am not a Panthers fan. You show NO knowledge of this sports market. If the team is losing the fans DO NOT SHOW. Look at the Dolphins empty seats, the Heat's empty seats . . . the Marlins are in a league of their own as far as empty seats are concerned. I've covered high school lacrosse games down here that outdrew the Marlins! Hurricanes have plenty of empty seats, so does FAU and all the rest not named UF, FSU and UCF.

They didn't come out to see Stanton and Fernandez, Wade and Bosh without LeBron, etc.

This is an awful market for a losing team.
I work near 20th n dixie lol

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Holy ****. You replied to my post and not only missed the entire point you dobuled down and were completely incorrect in what I said twice now.

He is off to the best year of his career at 33.. This is the best time to move him. He will not be this good for much longer and you can sucker an oldschool GM into getting him and retool the roster and prospect pool.

This is the best time to move him if you don't want to win any more cups in the near future and then MAYBE have a better shot later like all those teams perpetually full of ultra promising prospects like Edmonton, Florida or Toronto and all the cups they've been winning.

Figures a Toronto fan would think it's more fun to have Da Young Playaz later than take the best chance on multiple cups NOW.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $260.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $40.00