Out of town thread: Where the grass is ALWAYS greener!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
It was easy to trust him in restrospect. Skeletor's shadow made any newcomer shine by comparison.

Heck, I was watching a episode of L’Antichambre when he was named GM in Montreal in 2012 and he was welcomed as a hero. Watching this in 2017 and all of a sudden I was still believing his plan and was convinced we signed the right person for the job.

I had to take a step back and remind myself that he was nothing more than a charlatan.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Heck, I was watching a episode of L’Antichambre when he was named GM in Montreal in 2012 and he was welcomed as a hero. Watching this in 2017 and all of a sudden I was still believing his plan and was convinced we signed the right person for the job.

I had to take a step back and remind myself that he was nothing more than a charlatan.

As an added lure for suckers looking for a savior, there were The Pointe Saint-Charles Nostalgia Waterworks that played with people's emotions.

The First came in the form of Bergevin, then Assistant GM for the Hawks, featured in a report (I believe it was RDS) where he had been asked if he missed Quebec. And he ensued with the story of how he took the Stanley Cup he had won as part of Hawks's management and how he brought it to Pointe Saint Charles and how he used it in a manner very personal to him and his family. And then cried on camera.

The Second, came on live TV, on RDS as he was a blue couch filler, the night that he fraternized with Therrien. And, Therrien probably having seen the above report, pulled the same low hanging strings and got Bergevin to cry again.

Last edited:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
If you didn't follow it up with a pretty silly notion that he wouldn't improve our team, then you wouldn't be getting as much backlash.
Oh so that's the difference?

Which is odd because that's not quite what I said.

I've explained it about 100 times since the summer. Do I think he'd make a difference?

Yes, he's a good player, adding a good player makes this team better.

But do I think that difference would be significant?

Not really, no.

The problem is not the message, its the messenger I guess

It is what it is

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Oh so that's the difference?

Which is odd because that's not quite what I said.

I've explained it about 100 times since the summer. Do I think he'd make a difference?

Yes, he's a good player, adding a good player makes this team better.

But do I think that difference would be significant?

Not really, no.

The problem is not the message, its the messenger I guess

It is what it is
No man. Here is what you wrote:
the Stars won't be any better for having added him.
So yes, it's the message. If your message isn't being understood well, maybe rethink your delivery because you flat out wrote the Stars are not going to be better with his addition.
Any team improves with Radu or any other top 3-6 player added. Overall, sure, they might finish lower or at the same place in standings, which I assume is what you meant. But that is completely irrelevant to whether or not a player should be added.
Radulov would help our offense, there is no question about it. Any player of his level would. Does that mean we would have more wins now? Maybe, maybe not, but the team would have, at the very least, more depth, which is a good thing.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Well what's your end game there? The guy's performance or the team's? So he could have 60 points, if Dallas doesn,t make the playoffs, it means Radulov is a bad player? Or just a complementary player? Based on what? The fact that he plays with Benn and Seguin? Well....Radulov was a complement to who with us? 54 points in 76 games....7 points in 6 games in the playoffs complementing who? Pacioretty? Somebody you just called as a complementary player? Not sure what yo mean there. And people blowing their load, as you say, on Radulov was clearly in response to Jaffy and friends who was here shouting hard how Radulov was bad at the start of the year.

I don't think he's going to finish out that contract, I think he's a mercenary and he'll eventually find another suitor for his services and leave the Stars on the lurch because that's how he's always been.

By the way, Price is not a complementary player. And yet, we don't see a 3rd round in the playoffs. But he's not a complementary player so that means that we have a heck of a weak team if him alone he's able to make us a playoffs team and lose in the 1st or 2nd....

Hard to compare skaters and goaltenders...

I guess we don't have the same meaning of the word complementary. I've seen Pacioretty create a power chance for himself yesterday and I had to Wonder if it was really him. Other than that he picks the garbage that others have worked to create. While Radulov creates his own chances and the chances of others. Radulov is just so far from a complementary player....

No, we don't have the same definition of complimentary player, and that's OK. I'm not trying to be derogatory when I call him a complimentary player, I know NotProvoke-whatever his name likes to hashtag that I was trying to crap on him, but I'm not.

There are players you build around, foundational players...

There are players who compliment them...

I think Radulov belongs to the second group, there's nothing inherently wrong with that, there are excellent players who I consider complimentary ones.

But I think the Habs have alot of those players, I don't think they have enough of the type of players you build around.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
No man. Here is what you wrote:

So yes, it's the message. If your message isn't being understood well, maybe rethink your delivery because you flat out wrote the Stars are not going to be better with his addition.
Any team improves with Radu or any other top 3-6 player added. Overall, sure, they might finish lower or at the same place in standings, which I assume is what you meant. But that is completely irrelevant to whether or not a player should be added.
Radulov would help our offense, there is no question about it. Any player of his level would. Does that mean we would have more wins now? Maybe, maybe not, but the team would have, at the very least, more depth, which is a good thing.
We'll I guess since you've decided that...there's nothing else for me to add then.

You've spoken...I mean, you've even decided what my OWN words mean.

So sounds like you got this covered.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Rough stuff and incoming suspensions between Calgary and Detroit.

What happened?

I just tuned in, Detroit is leading 6-2, with 5:56 to go and the Wings on a 5 minute PP.

Must have been Calgary trying to send one of those "messages" toward next game.

Holy crap -- just noticed a ton of empty seats.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
What happened?

I just tuned in, Detroit is leading 6-2, with 5:56 to go and the Wings on a 5 minute PP.

Witkowski dropped Kulak. On his way to the dressing room from the penalty box, Witkowski received a love tap behind the leg by Tkachuk. Witkowski turned around, went back on the ice and all hell broke loose. It was old time hockey.

PP goal by Detroit.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Shades of Nilan/Linesman

Gonna make the rounds on the late show replays it looks like. I can probably find the fireworks on twitter.

And Detroit scores another, 7-2. Backlund called for unsportsmanlike conduct during that PP.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Witkowski dropped Kulak. On his way to the dressing room from the penalty box, Witkowski received a love tap behind the leg by Tkachuk. Witkowski turned around, went back on the ice and all hell broke loose. It was old time hockey.

PP goal by Detroit.

Thanks. Were there empty seats from early in the game? Pretty eerie to see that right now.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Oh wow, 8-2 now. It's really personal.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
What happened?

Couple of fights that escalated into a scrum with a few cheap shots. Tkachuk was tossed for a spear that couldn't be seen in replays. He's chippy as hell so I'm not surprised.

Reactions: Runner77

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Gonna make the rounds on the late show replays it looks like. I can probably find the fireworks on twitter.

And Detroit scores another, 7-2. Backlund called for unsportsmanlike conduct during that PP.
This one will make the headlines for a bit...8-2

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
More penalties called with 4.3 seconds left, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad