Out of Town Thread Part XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
I'm not comparing teams. Not at all. The point I was trying to make is that you don't need top ten scorers in the league to have a great team.

You need a lot of very good players. There is no substitute. You can't have a handful of stars surrounded by scrubs, just like you can't have a team full of decent nhlers.

4 or 5 in the top 60 minimum with two top 30 dmen and solid goaltending
You do need a top ten scorer in the league.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009

Damn. Can the Sens catch a break with all this off-ice drama?

O. M. G. The guy is a gambler?

Hey I’m addicted to cigs and vodka. Trying to deal with it. Doing my best.

But gambling? What a f***ing loser. What an idiot.

FinnHab

May 24, 2006
overseas...
Just read interview from finnish newspaper, Laine attacks with all guns blazing on Paula Maurice. Trade coming soon...?

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Gusev is going to make a lot of teams look silly for not matching that offer. How the **** do we give up 2 2nds while having a **** prospect pool for Shaw but wont beat that offer for Gusev when we have a strong prospect pool? Absolutely ridiculous.
Bergevin seem to be scare right now about transaction. Maybe because of few bad experience (shaw,alzner...). Is not gambling anymore like he could do at the beginning of his career

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Bergevin seem to be scare right now about transaction. Maybe because of few bad experience (shaw,alzner...). Is not gambling anymore like he could do at the beginning of his career

Bergevin doesn't like Russians.

The odds of acquiring Gusev were extremely low.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Another RFA off the list...

Still some big fish left:

Laine
Tkachuk
Point
Connor
Rantanen
Deangelo

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Just read interview from finnish newspaper, Laine attacks with all guns blazing on Paula Maurice. Trade coming soon...?
At this point I hope Bergy is trading to swing a deal or make an offer sheet. I can see Laine loving the move to Montreal. The city is better, the team's core matches with his age and there are several finns here. At worst Bergevin is forcing Winnipeg's hand in terms of their cap space. If he wants to walk the talk of improving this team, offer sheeting Laine is a good chance to prove it.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
At this point I hope Bergy is trading to swing a deal or make an offer sheet. I can see Laine loving the move to Montreal. The city is better, the team's core matches with his age and there are several finns here. At worst Bergevin is forcing Winnipeg's hand in terms of their cap space. If he wants to walk the talk of improving this team, offer sheeting Laine is a good chance to prove it.

I thought that the Habs no longer has that much cap space.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Ah, the great, great russian development of young talent.

That doesn't seems to go in the right direction right now….

Hes not wrong at all. Which other 40 goal scorer has been playing mainly third line with Adam Lowry?

Read the quote above, how do you think Laine will like playing with Danault or Thompson as its center?

Julien wont let Laine run amock with his poor defensige play, hes not Jonathan Drouin afterall

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
For a 2nd+3rd? We traded down from the mid 2nd just to pick up a 5th, we could have easily took the risk when we dont value draft picks as much anymore.

Reactions: Hins77

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I thought that the Habs no longer has that much cap space.

Yeah, we don't have huge cap space like the start of summer, but we got around $4.5, I mean, we'd have to move some money, but I suppose it'd be possible to make a deal. rather than an OS.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Ah, the great, great russian development of young talent.

Hes not wrong at all. Which other 40 goal scorer has been playing mainly third line with Adam Lowry?

Read the quote above, how do you think Laine will like playing with Danault or Thompson as its center?

Julien wont let Laine run amock with his poor defensige play, hes not Jonathan Drouin afterall
Yeah, if Laine were here he’d almost definitely play with Danault even if he should be playing with Domi or Kotkaniemi.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Gusev is going to make a lot of teams look silly for not matching that offer. How the **** do we give up 2 2nds while having a **** prospect pool for Shaw but wont beat that offer for Gusev when we have a strong prospect pool? Absolutely ridiculous.

This is business as usual for the Habs. Not the least bit surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad