HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
I mean, that's still pretty great that you got invited to major junior. These guys are animals.
It was more nepotism/connections than anything else lol. A few of my teammates played for Everett (my favourite team) but my family has ties to a BC team (don't wanna dox myself but it's not the Chilliwack Bruins/Victoria Royals) so I got a game for them.

• Wow
Reactions: Andrei79

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I'd die in any NHL game lmao. Barely survived a WHL pre-season game.
Those guys are made different. I played against a just retired AHL player once at the rink outside near my house when i was a young adult. Can't remember his name it was a long time ago but he was a local guy and he was known in the neighborhood. He pinned me along the board and man i could not move an inch.

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Those guys are made different. I played against a just retired AHL player once at the rink outside near my house when i was a young adult. Can't remember his name it was a long time ago but he was a local guy and he was known in the neighborhood. He pinned me along the board and man i could not move an inch.
One thing I have to remind myself for each league is that the next step up is a HUGE step up in competition. WHL is godly compared to Bantam and even the BCHL. AHL is godly compared to WHL. NHL is godly compared to AHL.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

Have a friend who was drafted, but just got a cup of team during training camp and the ECHL. He skates laps around any of us.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
If Edmonton had a semblance of the 2nd pairing, the lead would be safe

However Nurse just is a trainwreck. Makes the simplest things like rocket science.

Add Broberg who they just threw to the fire after being jerked around all yr.

Bad recipe

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Dri has to be hurt
He's off his game whatever it is. He isn't executing at all even though he's in great positions.
Both he and Nugent Hopkins are going to have to find the game they played at the tail end of the Dallas series for Edmonton to have a hope.
Win the next period and this thing is going seven where we could see Moar Choke.

Reactions: Apoplectic Habs Fan

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
One thing I have to remind myself for each league is that the next step up is a HUGE step up in competition. WHL is godly compared to Bantam and even the BCHL. AHL is godly compared to WHL. NHL is godly compared to AHL.

Absolutely.

Even great NCAA players find the AHL to be an impossible step and give up.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I legitimately think I would get killed if I played a Stanley Cup finals game. I don't mean this in the figurative sense. I mean I would likely die from all the physical play.

"Lemme get on that forech---"

vl8om7147yw51.gif

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I used to play with/against someone who was drafted (3 NHL games) and he makes me feel like I put on skates for the first time lol

Now imagine McDavid who makes other stars feel the same way.

This is why I'm not "that" parent with my kids in sports. I want them to play hard and have fun, but these guys are basically a subspecies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I used to play with/against someone who was drafted (3 NHL games) and he makes me feel like I put on skates for the first time lol
I have never played hockey but there is this beer league soccer team we play against where one of their players is a freshly retired MLS player who was mostly just a bench warmer. I twisted my ankle and pulled a calf trying to defend him all game all while asking for a sub every 15 minutes. Athletes are just ridiculous.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Absolutely.

Even great NCAA players find the AHL to be an impossible step and give up.
Keep in mind a lot of them aren't prepared for the grind.
Not to mention they also chose the NCAA to get an Education and open up other Career options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad