HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

Don't know if he's that great of a coach, but he got royally screwed by Columbus. He got hired extremely last minute after that whole Babcock fiasco. He had no opportunity to really prepare for the season. Columbus had a ton of injuries including Werenski for the entire year.

The goaltending was shit. The defense was shit. I mean Gudbranson was used as a top 4D because they had no one else.

The same thing happened to Jared Bednar after Patrick Roy walked just before the season started, and he put together one of the worst seasons in NHL history, but went on to win the Cup a few years later.

Anyways at least he still gets paid for that final year.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
Edmonton serie is probably going to end like Dallas. Both the NBA and NHL final has been pretty much similar.

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
images.jpg

tumblr_931d453db44759ea2fb7e05389a176d7_59377446_500.gif:nod:

( I'll last 3 minutes)
giphy.gif
:jk:

It was teed up.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Canadian teams keeping up the tradition of being incompetent.
Yeah, don't love that deal at all on the surface... Begs the question of how well they assessed the person. If he's diligent off ice, is a good teammate, and figures out how to better deal with the Canadian market media scrutiny, it could age well for them... But that a lot of "if"

Reactions: Andrei79

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
Yeah, don't love that deal at all on the surface... Begs the question of how well they assessed the person. If he's diligent off ice, is a good teammate, and figures out how to better deal with the Canadian market media scrutiny, it could age well for them... But that a lot of "if"
Is there some off ice concerns with Hronek? I know nothing of the player and never watch the Canucks but the production seems to warrant the contract?

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Is there some off ice concerns with Hronek? I know nothing of the player and never watch the Canucks but the production seems to warrant the contract?
Not that I know of.... The point was that making an 8 year commitment at ~8% of the cap, taking him from mid 20's to mid'30's, you'd better be convinced that the guy is a net positive off the ice.

Reactions: badfish

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
If the Oils can reverse sweep it would make this final the best one in a while.

Let's see if the Panthers let off the gas last game.

Reactions: badfish
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad