HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
You’re so banged up and bruised by the SCF round that when you fall down deep in a game it’s better to let it go (or try to hurt the opponent) than it is to fight back to win the game.

Game4 is therefore irrelevant, Game5 will reveal whether FLA has really lost momentum or if they just took it easy in Game4… I’m not convinced McDavid can carry the Oilers to four straight Ws over the Panthers.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I think it's pretty common for game 4 to go to the team that lost three in a row. All the desperation pours out.
I watched two periods and it looked like the Panthers let off the gas. I bet they convincingly take game 5, allowing very little in scoring chances.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Secondary scoring, big gun showing up and Florida/Bob didn’t have a great night…

However, Skinner I think deserves some credit. While it was a knuckleball without a lot of steam, that 2 on 1 save he made was a game saver. It was already 2-1 and had Florida scored, I truly think it would had been over (even though it only would had tied). Plus, Skinner made the saves he SHOULD be making earlier in the game. The crossbar and post before Janmark’s goal was also some good luck that went his way for a change.

Reactions: Tyson

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I watched two periods and it looked like the Panthers let off the gas. I bet they convincingly take game 5, allowing very little in scoring chances.

In previous games, you felt like a good scoring chance for the oilers would somehow not find it's way into the net.

In game 4, they went from snakebit to opening the floodgates, and it's really a continuation of the 3rd period in game 3 when they came so close to tying the game after going down 4-1. It's been 10-1 oilers in the last 7 periods.

Likely too little too late for the oilers, but they may extend this a little further if bobrovsky is falling off from the level he started this series with.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
In previous games, you felt like a good scoring chance for the oilers would somehow not find it's way into the net.

In game 4, they went from snakebit to opening the floodgates, and it's really a continuation of the 3rd period in game 3 when they came so close to tying the game after going down 4-1. It's been 10-1 oilers in the last 7 periods.

Likely too little too late for the oilers, but they may extend this a little further if bobrovsky is falling off from the level he started this series with.
If they lose it's still a good learning experience. Plenty of teams lose in the finals only to learn from it and tweak their rosters and come back better next season. The Oilers need to shore up their goaltending and defense and they will be stronger for next season's playoff run.

A few times last night. I thought I saw vintage Gretzky, Messier and Coffey. What a fun game to watch.
The Panthers didn't have the same intensity though and I expect a different look from them in game 5.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
1000004988.jpg

Last edited:

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
I agree, I think we'll find out in the first 5 minutes. If the Oilers don't come out and play as if their lives depended on it. It's over for them.
I don't believe Oilers can make it, BUT.... I think they can bring this series to a seventh game. It's not impossible. As you said, the next game is the key. if Panthers lose this, the pressure will be 100% on them on game 6 in Edmonton.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
This Finals schedule is killing me.

Seriously. Who the hell came up with this idea? Two days between games in a series after a full one week break is a real momentum killer.

I don't normally recall a large break between the 3rd and 4th round, but i think the two days off between a change in venues is pretty typical in recent finals.

Florida and Edmonton are worlds apart geographically.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I don't believe Oilers can make it, BUT.... I think they can bring this series to a seventh game. It's not impossible. As you said, the next game is the key. if Panthers lose this, the pressure will be 100% on them on game 6 in Edmonton.

It did remind me of the 2015 Habs against the lightning. Tampa was probably fortunate to take game 1, like Florida was this year, but both teams eventually built a 3-0 series lead, and both teams got spanked in game 4. I believe for the Habs, it was a 6-0 win in game 4.

The habs then won a tight game 5 but bowed out in game 6. That was also the series where Tampa scored a gwg in game 3 with virtually no time left on the clock. It's one of those negative moments that just stays with you

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad