HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Oilers would probably be the weakest depth roster to win a cup in my lifetime if they got there.

Shows how elite talent up the middle can hide a lot of weaknesses.

Weakest goaltending since niemi. Weakest d in a while. Much better than what they were running a few years back though.

Forwards sans even one of Mcdavid or draisaitl is average as hell. Guys like hyman and Kane are leeching off those two.

Still think Dallas takes it but Mcdavid is on a mission like MacKinnon a few years ago.
Superstars can take you a long way. Generational players have always managed to win at some point. Only Lindros couldn’t do it but he was constantly injured.

It’s not just McDavid too, Drai is putting up Gretzky like numbers as well. Incredible if the manage to do it.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Couldn't smooth talk his way into this one I guess. I'd be more pissed if I were Darche though, the guy just can't get his foot in, for whaterver reason.
Darche may still have a chance to become a GM as Waddell is getting the top hockey ops job as per the tweets by Dreger and LeBrun. He will act as the GM and will make determination on that position at the conclusion of the playoffs at the earliest.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
KK going to BJs
I think KK was a Tulsky play vs Waddell. Gord Miller said a few years back, everyone in hockey knows Tulsky was mandated to have last say on all hockey ops moves (drafts, trades, contracts etc) by Dundon.

Waddell was the media & business ops guy (beer & ticket prices, TV contracts etc)

As mentioned by Friedman in 32-Thoughts this week, CBJ wanted Waddell because he’s known as a businessman in NHL circles vs hockey ops guy

Last edited:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I think KK was a Tulsky play vs Waddell. Gord Miller said a few years back, everyone in hockey knows Tulsky was mandated to have last say on all hockey ops moves (drafts, trades, contracts etc) by Dundon.

Waddell was the media & business ops guy (beer & ticket prices, TV contracts etc)

As mentioned by Friedman in 32-Thoughts this week, CBJ wanted Waddell because he’s known as a businessman in NHL circles vs hockey ops guy
Yeah I think the Jackets are concerned about their revenue, which Waddell helped improve quite significantly in Carolina. These smaller market teams like Columbus are more concerned about surviving rather than competing.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Yeah I think the Jackets are concerned about their revenue, which Waddell helped improve quite significantly in Carolina. These smaller market teams like Columbus are more concerned about surviving rather than competing.
No matter what the Jackets do they just seem to always suck.

Reactions: Habano and Runner77

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Like Jim Benning & Pierre Dorion, Jaarmo was good GM at amateur scouting but pro scouting / roster building / general management was subpar… unfortunately for them a GMs job is the latter
It's the Peter principle. Some of them can't take the next step.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad