HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
This feels like dog days of summer already. We need a trade, a signing, a something to freak out over. Do it Hughes!
At least if the Habs make a trade we can pretty confident it won't be a complete disaster which was always a possibility with MB. MB made some good trades and some terrible ones. Never knew which it would be.

Leto

Feb 16, 2023

It's interesting reading this and thinking back to Marner's gods comment. Gotta think their locker room is cliquey.

Here's some comments Ryan Reaves made last summer :

"I don't ever come into a locker room shy or quiet. I tend to come in and start chirping people right away," Reaves said with a smile.

"But off the ice, for me, I take that very seriously. I like to plan the parties, I like to get the boys together, I like getting them together on the road. If somebody tends to not come to events sometimes, I tend to just make sure everybody's there because it's really important.

"The best teams I've been on are the teams that everybody is together all the time off the ice. The worst teams I've been on, you have little cliques that hang out together, and you never really get the full group together."

Reactions: donghabs98

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Why are people so obsessed with these midgets that don't skate well but they dominate junior.

I cant wait till next year when the next 5'10 forward is being obsessed over that we won't pick again.

Do me a favor and go look at the 4 teams left in the playoffs to see how the best teams are being built now.

Reactions: badfish

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Why are people so obsessed with these midgets that don't skate well but they dominate junior.

I cant wait till next year when the next 5'10 forward is being obsessed over that we won't pick again.

Do me a favor and go look at the 4 teams left in the playoffs to see how the best teams are being built now.
sure is true.. a team needs beef to win a cup. able to roll out guys that can play both ends and not afraid to go to the net.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Demko was a big loss. Border in game 7… brutal. As for Pettersen I’ve gotta think he’s hurt or something, he dropped right off.

Maybe he’s the second coming of Marner but I think it’s way too early to say that now.
Pettersson's play dropped off from the Allstar break. He wasn't rested at the end of the season so I doubt he had a injury. He really needs to step up his game to live up to his contract.

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Today I learned Arturs Silovs played 10 games for Trois-Riveires in 2021-22 putting up a .920 save% while on loan from the Abbottsford Canucks.

That's pretty cool. I've been following the ECHL teams a bit more recently but didn't remember him being loaned there.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Not gonna lie I'm gonna be a bit salty if the oilers win a cup . the masters of tanking swill getting rewarded for it 10 years later . nice.
Oilers legitimately tried to be better for years. Even in the McDavid/Eichel draft year they played their way out of a top 2 pick and won the pick in the lottery

Last 30 games they went 10-15-5 (68 point pace) compared to 14-29-9 (58 point pace) for the first 52

Compare that to the ultimate tankers Buffalo Sabres who traded bad goalies for worse goalies at the TDL.

Reactions: McGuires Corndog

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Not gonna lie I'm gonna be a bit salty if the oilers win a cup . the masters of tanking swill getting rewarded for it 10 years later . nice.
I have a lot of respect for McDavid but the rest of the team really pisses me off, especially Draisaitl and Skinner (I've got beef with him from my WHL days)

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Such a disappointing game 7. The Canucks as usual took too long to wake up. I was really hoping they'd let loose on Skinner. I appreciate the gameplan to maintain possession and limit low quality shots, but strategies like that are manipulatable, and an opponent can game things to run out the clock and force things at the end of games.

The Canucks should've started blasting shots at puck drop and I bet it would've caught the Oil off guard, maybe a goal would come out of it. But it would've set a better tone for the Canucks to control the game, at home, with the crowd etc.

Garland was awesome the whole series, and I thought Petterson wasn't great but wasn't horrid either. Silovs did all he could. I think if Boeser was in this could've been a different story. But in the end, Canucks left it too late, and the Oilers deserve to move on.

Vancouver was trying to move Garland with no takers last year. I would take him. He's a terrific 3rd line player with a high compete level & speed. He makes $4.95m over 2 years. That's not bad. I wouldn't give up a 1st for him, but a couple of mid round picks for sure.

OEL's buyout is going to hit Vancouver over the next 3 years before it drops. It's $2.3m next season then $4.766m the following 2 years. They might look to move some money to sign Hronek, Zadorov, Joshua or Lindholm.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Vancouver was trying to move Garland with no takers last year. I would take him. He's a terrific 3rd line player with a high compete level & speed. He makes $4.95m over 2 years. That's not bad. I wouldn't give up a 1st for him, but a couple of mid round picks for sure.

OEL's buyout is going to hit Vancouver over the next 3 years before it drops. It's $2.3m next season then $4.766m the following 2 years. They might look to move some money to sign Hronek, Zadorov, Joshua or Lindholm.
HE's paid 5 millions a year. He must be a top 6 player at this price.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
HE's paid 5 millions a year. He must be a top 6 player at this price.

He's actually making $6m next year. Lol But his cap hit is only $4.95m. He had 20g, 47 pts this year and was +19. His salary doesn't matter. His cap hit is fine for what he brings.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
The whole org was a clown show under bergevin. it was amateur egotistic hour that last a decade. What a waste. ALL on Molson.
We should have a won a cup in that era. Not the finals we didn't belong in, but 2013-2017 habs could have been a very good team with an OK manager and no dinosaur coaches.

Reactions: The Real Timo

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
McDonagh traded back to Tampa

So if Trotz is committing to being a seller, I'm not sure why he hasn't done more. The guy seems to flip flop in terms of what he wants to do. As for the Bolts, they are trending downwards are are already low on assets. Don't really get it for either team lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad