HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I thought it was under 25.

Yes, because he's still 25. Buyout is 1/3. After this year, it escalates massively.
It escapes by June 24th, his birthday.

Buyout window is either June 15th, or 48 hours after the cup is awarded. If the last game is June 22nd, LA can't, well they can, but it goes to 2/3rds instead of 1/3rds.

LA needs the playoffs to end no later than June 21st in order to have the option to buy out PLD at 1/3rd.

If it's 2/3rds I have to imagine the Kings just keep him for another year and see. Might even do that considering that they'd owe him a cheque's for 14 years, making the NHL's Bobby Bonilla day.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Fair point. However, Ghule, Harris and Xhekaj can all play right. It all depends on what Barron’s ceiling is projected to be.

Since he no longer can be sent down without the risk of getting claimed, he’s most likely to spend the year as a third pairing D who, as we’ve seen, has a lot of mental lapses. MSL may not be forgiving if he costs games.

Ideally, spending another year in the AHL would be best for his development but we don’t have that luxury. The Habs will definitely have to draft more RD. Maybe that buys Barron the other year you’re suggesting.
Might be too late to draft a decent rd for the window opening. Habs may have to attempt another leks Barron type trade. But very hard to get good young rd. draft forward this year and rd next year maybe. And Habs prob not in running for elite rd ufas either. I am praying both maillioux and Barron pan out.

Reactions: Runner77

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
It escapes by June 24th, his birthday.

Buyout window is either June 15th, or 48 hours after the cup is awarded. If the last game is June 22nd, LA can't, well they can, but it goes to 2/3rds instead of 1/3rds.

LA needs the playoffs to end no later than June 21st in order to have the option to buy out PLD at 1/3rd.

If it's 2/3rds I have to imagine the Kings just keep him for another year and see. Might even do that considering that they'd owe him a cheque's for 14 years, making the NHL's Bobby Bonilla day.
we all ready have Rick Dipietro day. Islanders will be paying him until 2028-29 1.5M a year. He last played Fed 19, 2013

Our special advisor of hockey ops Vinny Lecavalier is still collecting 1.76M a year from tampa too until 26-27

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I wonder what the sentiment is within the Kings’ org.

Is buying PLD a serious consideration? How does a player perform so poorly on the first year of a multi-year high salary deal? What a quagmire.

There's no way a buyout gets approved without owner approval, and I can't see the owner being happy about being approached about something like that. He would fire everyone involved.

I expect they do nothing and hope PLD turns it around.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Might be too late to draft a decent rd for the window opening. Habs may have to attempt another leks Barron type trade. But very hard to get good young rd. draft forward this year and rd next year maybe. And Habs prob not in running for elite rd ufas either. I am praying both maillioux and Barron pan out.

I was just thinking this. In essence Montreal is in a position to reverse the Lehkonen-Barron trade now. We need someone younger then Lehks, though.

Reactions: McGees and Runner77

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
The B's should be fresh for game 7 since they didn't show up for games 5 and 6 and look like they've just kinda run out of gas. It's very important for the B's to score first in game 7 because this team is really on their heels right now.

Although the Leafs making this comeback and then losing in game 7 certainly isn't out of the question since it would be a very Leafy thing to do. Should be a fun game 7.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Neely was a beast! He also played Seabass on the movie Dumb and Dumber. He was one of those Bruins you just respected.

It was hard not to respect the Bruins back then. Neely, Bourque, Oates. They did not win in 89-90, 90-91 and 91-92 but it was imo a better team than the one who won the cup. That injury to Neely was a disgusting play such a tragic event for the whole league imo.

Yeah Marchand is good but man it's hard to have respect for him beyond that. From the licking of other players face to him jumping in the knees of other players early on. He's such a despicable player. He's been flopping around a lot in this series imo. Lot of embelishment by him and yet that Bruins team is always complaining when someone else does it.

Yeah Marty will have to create a fully positional no concepts line we can do an Anderson/Dvorak/Gallagher line who's only job is to not get scored on.
If that means benching or press boxing them so be it.
The only role of that line should be to not travel at the speed of light so their contract eventually end. Man 6 years at the speed of light would be an eternity down here.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
The B's should be fresh for game 7 since they didn't show up for games 5 and 6 and look like they've just kinda run out of gas. It's very important for the B's to score first in game 7 because this team is really on their heels right now.

Although the Leafs making this comeback and then losing in game 7 certainly isn't out of the question since it would be a very Leafy thing to do. Should be a fun game 7.
Boston / Toronto series and the Vegas / Dallas series have been the most fun to watch imo.

Reactions: Tyson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad