HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
oilers out played them for 45 minutes tonight. goalie is the clear advantage to panthers, but it's close after that. It seems like the coach made some adjustments to try and get more quick pucks to the net, but it's too little, too late, now.

coaching has been florida>oilers by quite a bit. I feel the oilers are a better team, but panthers executed their game plan and their goalie has been the difference.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Canada will never win another cup
1000003004.jpg

Pls Frank

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
oilers out played them for 45 minutes tonight. goalie is the clear advantage to panthers, but it's close after that. It seems like the coach made some adjustments to try and get more quick pucks to the net, but it's too little, too late, n
Skinner
Nurse
Ceci
Perry

None of those guys should be playing in the cup finals unless there is an injury.

Oilers cap mismanagement and resulting poor depth really being exposed vs the cats

Fine. How can I say no to that face

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
At the end of the day, just like with the Maple Leafs, I think it's the fault of the players who make less than 3 million per year. If only the guys who play all the hard minutes and make 1/10th of what McDavid does just played harder. :laugh:

Reactions: Habano

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
At the end of the day, just like with the Maple Leafs, I think it's the fault of the players who make less than 3 million per year. If only the guys who play all the hard minutes and make 1/10th of what McDavid does just played harder. :laugh:
If Draisatl and McDavid aren't hurt then they are crap.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
oilers out played them for 45 minutes tonight. goalie is the clear advantage to panthers, but it's close after that. It seems like the coach made some adjustments to try and get more quick pucks to the net, but it's too little, too late, now.

coaching has been florida>oilers by quite a bit. I feel the oilers are a better team, but panthers executed their game plan and their goalie has been the difference.
Jake Allen would’ve been better then what they have in net. Oilers management really blew it by not addressing goaltending. They had two generational players that were going to carry them to a cup and they still find ways to screw it up.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Jake Allen would’ve been better then what they have in net. Oilers management really blew it by not addressing goaltending. They had two generational players that were going to carry them to a cup and they still find ways to screw it up.
2 goals for in the first 8 periods of the cup final. Skinner sucks but McDrai have been underwhelming

Reactions: angusyoung

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
2 goals for in the first 8 periods of the cup final. Skinner sucks but McDrai have been underwhelming
True, but I think the back breaking goals add up. You’re down 2-0 in a SCF series and your goalie can’t stop a beach ball and you find yourself down 4-1 in a do or die game. I think that’s more draining on star players then anything. Nurse, Ceci, and Skinner are putrid. You basically have to keep the puck away from the Oilers net while scoring like it’s a rec league game.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
True, but I think the back breaking goals add up. You’re down 2-0 in a SCF series and your goalie can’t stop a beach ball and you find yourself down 4-1 in a do or die game. I think that’s more draining on star players then anything. Nurse, Ceci, and Skinner are putrid. You basically have to keep the puck away from the Oilers net while scoring like it’s a rec league game.
Its awful watching the oilers lose like that. Same thing vs vegas last year. Grind and grind and grind to finally get a goal and the other team comes down and gets a freebie.

Not even mad at skinner anymore it just is what it is.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Imagine thinking EDM has done right by McDavid when it couldn't be further from the truth. McDavid has carried the franchise so hard and they've done so little to help him it's honestly shocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad