HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Damn that didn't take long I barely had a chance to get tuned in.

Zibanijad was pretty bad in this one he looked pedestrian more often than not.
Zibeejad was crap. Naturally the only time you want Kreider to do something he plays like shit.

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
Not sure why Trouba, while on the PK, goes all the way mid zone to check Tkachuk when the puck just went from D to D, and 2 of your forwards checked them leaving one dmen with 2 players. One of the 2 players left is a 57 goals scorer.

Reactions: Rapala

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Terrible play by Zib and an awful line change there. Florida deserved that.

I know hockey media won't get on him, at least not harshly, because he's a relatively big centre playing in the playoffs, but that might be one of the worst performances I've seen by a 1C in my life. If it turns out he were injured, it still wouldn't explain how every puck touch seemed to have a negative effect.

TCIH

Nov 26, 2007
Montreal
Shesterkin’s play has kept this a close series, otherwise Fla might’ve already swept IMO
I had this realization earlier today. This series hasn't been as close as the scores/2-2 would have you believe. I really thought the Rangers skaters were better than this.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
I had this realization earlier today. This series hasn't been as close as the scores/2-2 would have you believe. I really thought the Rangers skaters were better than this.

There could always be injuries at play, but observing this series has revealed the following mini points:

1. Trocheck and Lafreniere can raise their games and have been great
2. Panarin is not nearly as visible when the pace quickens
3. Kreider is dependent on linemates to be productive...
4. ...and Mika has been horrendous enough to prevent Kreider production from happening, a complete disaster

However, the largest point I've observed this far: for all the talk about having size on defense, Rangers often get hemmed in because of their inability to handle the puck at even average levels. Fox is hurt, that is clear, and he's the only guy who has poise with the puck. Others panic when it's on their sticks.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Reactions: Runner77

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events