HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
And its not like there's much hindsight either most people and Oiler fans really thought he was the no brain pick
I truly can't understand it. The Oilers refusing to address goaltending is just baffling to me. They even got kinda lucky and Skinner turned out OK as a 3rd round pick but they just run him into the ground by giving him a #1 workload.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I truly can't understand it. The Oilers refusing to address goaltending is just baffling to me. They even got kinda lucky and Skinner turned out OK as a 3rd round pick but they just run him into the ground by giving him a #1 workload.
They’re cap screwed. Saddled with some brutal contracts. There’s just flat out not much they can do.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
They’re cap screwed. Saddled with some brutal contracts. There’s just flat out not much they can do.
They could have drafted goaltenders like Hughes did. Now there are very few good pro goaltenders so you pretty much need to draft one.

If that's an embellishment, it needs to be called every game because there are far more blatant ones that go uncalled 99% of the time.
Marchment is the expert at them so even if it wasn't he has probably suckered the refs many times.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Anyone that wants a chance to win the 50/50 in Edmonton just send me your credit card info and I will buy you a ticket :laugh:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Desharnais is in over his head that was hysterical

Yeah, I was laughing. That was hilarious. First, Desharnais tries to bank the puck off the boards, but it only goes like 3 feet and directly to Benn, who circles the net & passes in slot to Stankoven.

Stankoven attacks Desharnais with speed, makes a move that puts Desharnais on his back feet, then Stankoven runs into him, with Desharnais off-balance, he falls back over Skinner. No one picks up Johnston who has an empty net, now.

It's just too funny from start to finish.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
That wasn't too many men Edmonton. The other guys hadn't jumped on the ice. Lol

If anything Dallas was briefly shorthanded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad