HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
8 years of abject playoff failure.

Drafting Michkov isn't the cure all people believed it to be. Being able to be a producer in the playoffs matters more than big numbers in the regular season.

listening to The Notebook on Monday and Basu/Godin were basically saying the goal based on player profile is to build a playoff type team. Jury is out on Reinbacher, but based on what Slaf has shown, that’s the type of player who brings you through the playoffs. We already know Suzuki elevates himself also.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I woke up to good news this morning. Leafs got kicked out by a sleeping tired bear. Probably their worst playoffs failure.

I'm expecting Keefe to get booted, talked like he already was from the tiny part of his post-game comments.
Watch them trade Marner this summer...for the wrong piece(s).

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I woke up to good news this morning. Leafs got kicked out by a sleeping tired bear. Probably their worst playoffs failure.

I'm expecting Keefe to get booted, talked like he already was from the tiny part of his post-game comments.
Watch them trade Marner this summer...for the wrong piece(s).
With Keith Pelley having taken over as CEO of MLSE on April 2nd….. he will inevitably put a stamp on his management team.

Will be very surprised if Shana-plan isn’t gonzo…

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Yeah Matthews can score and has a shooting touch that is special and can't be taught. Marner is by far the player that can go and should be traded for someone that can address Matthews' defects as a player.
If the binman was in charge Reinbacher out, Marner in.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Sadly, if growing the game is the goal, this isn't a good one. The highlights basically say the whole story. Goal, goal.

Then in OT, Bruins literally threw shit at the wall and it stuck. (Hammer the puck with the live boards and it lands right where Pastrnak could come in full speed.) Samsonov should've went Tim Thomas but...well bounces can surprise and by then, that's too late.
??? That was no bounce, it was a beauty pass.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Figs lost on a set play. A set play they have probably practiced many times in the regular season against opponents too. Their barn, they know how the boards play, Pasta knew who he was against and boom.

Marner is the one who failed to read what was happening.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Toronto is not dead. They will trade their whimp par excellence. All will depend on that trade. It will probably liberate some pesos off the cap. And they will go after a D.

If they play their cards right. They can still bring it.

Nah, what am I writing! It’s the Figs!!!!! They always f*** up!!!!!

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Toronto is not dead. They will trade their whimp par excellence. All will depend on that trade. It will probably liberate some pesos off the cap. And they will go after a D.

If they play their cards right. They can still bring it.

Nah, what am I writing! It’s the Figs!!!!! They always f*** up!!!!!

Exactly. The delusionals will keep clinging to the 13 year WSH narrative, always ignoring the context of multiple playoff round victories, Presidents Trophies, and very good playoff performances from OV/Backstrom when they were young. The Caps also managed to draft/develop a little guy named Holtby

There are so many teams with similar aged cores with better foundations, and now a wave of new generations of players with the same skillsets as the Core Four Three, etc, etc. The dream is dead!

Last edited:

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Figs lost on a set play. A set play they have probably practiced many times in the regular season against opponents too. Their barn, they know how the boards play, Pasta knew who he was against and boom.

And Reilly who was on for both goals. Reilly who is useless on offense and defense.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

While I didn’t know the plan, the moment I saw Pasta take off after his pass, I knew something was up.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
What a beautiful Sunday morning!!

I just noticed the guy in green. His reaction is the best.

IMG_1660.jpeg

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
The crowd looked like it had been taken off a Taylor Swift concert. Btw, why were the fans kept in a stall like on a ranch? In 2021, our crowd downtown was the most awesome one I have seen in my lifetime because it ‘looked’ less staged, even though it was. I still remember the orange tent getting shaken like a …leaf tree during a hurricane.

Need to add more years

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
As much as i hate the Leafs, gotta say I was rooting for them as I really want a Canadian team to win the cup.

The fact that’s it’s been 30 years that it’s not been won by Canadian team is sad ...

Hopefully Vancouver / Edmonton keeps the dream alive

Last edited:

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
As much as i hate the Leads, gotta say I was rooting for them as I really want a Canadian team to win the cup.

The fact that’s it’s been 30 years that it’s not been won by Canadian team is sad ...

Hopefully Vancouver keeps the dream alive
Need the Oilers to win. Habs get a better draft pick and the Oilers have a better chance to go all the way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad