HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2024 Off-Season edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
3 to 5 more years away from competing? That's going to make 6 to 8 year rebuild. That's a long while of terrible hockey.
Where did i talk about competing? He said there will be coping about Michkov. We are at least 3 years away from Reinbacher and Michkov being finished product. I've been watching this league for over 30 years and the amount of players i've seen doing great for 1-2 years at the beginning of their career and then after that flopping hard i don't have enough fingers to count them. A young player is not a finished product until he is at least 23. Coping this year about MIchkov doing good in the NHL and Reinbacher playing in the AHL is HABSolument Facebook trash material.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Where did i talk about competing? He said there will be coping about Michkov. We are at least 3 years away from Reinbacher and Michkov being finished product. I've been watching this league for over 30 years and the amount of players i've seen doing great for 2-3 years at the beginning of their career and then after that flopping hard i don't have enougb fingers to count them. A young player is not a finished product until he is at least 23. Coping this year about MIchkov doing good in the NHL and Reinbacher playing in the AHL is HABSolument Facebook trash material.
If Michkov burns the league in his rookie season the Habs will feel the sizzle. There's no way around it.

We don't need to thrash about or be upset or cope and mope about it. 23 is an arbitrary age you propose. The fact is they'll be compared from today.

We're on the ascent and it will bring a lot of joy but not every prospect is gonna hit his ceiling and we have to be at least mentally prepared that we'll have made some regretful decisions in our rebuild. I think the Toffoli trade was a regrettable trade... and I think we didn't do well on the Lehkonen trade -- but those are relatively minor decisions. Hopefully, if he's to fall "behind" Michkov, the gap between Reinbacher and Michkov remains narrow so we don't have to read much bleating, gloating, moaning, or coping.

Honestly, it comes with the game. We can only root for Reinbacher to help us win as much as he can -- and without turning on him or magnifying his deficiencies or problems more than reality.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
If Michkov burns the league in his rookie season the Habs will feel the sizzle. There's no way around it.

We don't need to thrash about or be upset or cope and mope about it. 23 is an arbitrary age you propose. The fact is they'll be compared from today.

We're on the ascent and it will bring a lot of joy but not every prospect is gonna hit his ceiling and we have to be at least mentally prepared that we'll have made some regretful decisions in our rebuild. I think the Toffoli trade was a regrettable trade... and I think we didn't do well on the Lehkonen trade -- but those are relatively minor decisions. Hopefully, if he's to fall "behind" Michkov, the gap between Reinbacher and Michkov remains narrow so we don't have to read much bleating, gloating, moaning, or coping.

Honestly, it comes with the game. We can only root for Reinbacher to help us win as much as he can -- and without turning on him or magnifying his deficiencies or problems more than reality.
It depens what you mean by burning the league.

If Michkov finish with 80 points +10 and lead his team to a playoffs spot then yeah sure. If he finish the year with 60 points -25 in a team finishing bottom 10 then no there should not be any coping.

There was coping for about 30ish games last year when Cooley started the year strong and Slafkovski was still struggling. That aged wonderfully. And it could still age either way. Wright could still end up being the best player of that draft.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
It depens what you mean by burning the league.

If Michkov finish with 80 points +10 and lead his team to a playoffs spot then yeah sure. If he finish the year with 60 points -25 in a team finishing bottom 10 then no there should not be any coping.

There was coping for about 30ish games last year when Cooley started the year strong and Slafkovski was still struggling. That aged wonderfully. And it could still age either way. Wright could still end up being the best player of that draft.
You're celebrating Slafkovsky's 50pt -19 sophomore season where his team finished bottom10 but insisting that no one react to a potential 60pt -25 season where his team finishes bottom 10 from Michkov.

It's this inconsistency that rankles me. It's so dishonest.

IF it happens... Flyers fans are gonna celebrate it and Habs fans are gonna cope and mope and the sad part is if Michkov struggles in any way Habs fans are gonna gloat and bleat. It's terrible unnecessary.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
You're celebrating Slafkovsky's 50pt -19 sophomore season where his team finished bottom10 but insisting that no one react to a potential 60pt -25 season where his team finishes bottom 10 from Michkov.

It's this inconsistency that rankles me. It's so dishonest.

IF it happens... Flyers fans are gonna celebrate it and Habs fans are gonna cope and mope and the sad part is if Michkov struggles in any way Habs fans are gonna gloat and bleat. It's terrible unnecessary.
Of course i'm celebrating our own prospects making progress and so should Fyers fans. But did i say Arizona and Seattle should be coping? Nope. I even said Wright could still end up being the best player in the post you quoted. And i'm serious here Wright still go lot of potential and did well in the AHL.

Listen all i' saying for god M F sake is player are not finished propoduct until 23+ and any coping before that is HABSolument stupid. That's all. And i don't even understand why it's being argued against that's F crazy.

Reactions: sandviper

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

I'm more curious if there'll be either heavy criticism OR excuses made for Michkov if he doesn't torch the league. Let's just say he goes through long stretches or mediocrity and paces for 0.25 to 0.35 PPG. Will it be because of his attitude? Will it be Torts? Will his supporters come back and say wait until he's 23?

I don't hate or like the kid since I've yet to form an opinion on his NHL play, but we'll see.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
I'm more curious if there'll be either heavy criticism OR excuses made for Michkov if he doesn't torch the league. Let's just say he goes through long stretches or mediocrity and paces for 0.25 to 0.35 PPG. Will it be because of his attitude? Will it be Torts? Will his supporters come back and say wait until he's 23?
I think there's a strain of Habs fans who will be extremely nasty about it like they were about Wright and even Lafreniere. It will embarrass us.
I don't hate or like the kid since I've yet to form an opinion on his NHL play, but we'll see.
I'm rooting for him but from the moment Reinbacher was picked I only care about Reinbacher's progress. It's not like with Slaf where I was a big-time disbeliever in the prospect and how he was handled. Reinbacher is a legitimate 5OA pick and he has great upside so even without taking into account Demidov, we don't need to do the inferiority complex and be obsessed about Michkov.

Of course i'm celebrating our own prospects making progress and so should Fyers fans. But did i say Arizona and Seattle should be coping? Nope. I even said Wright could still end up being the best player in the post you quoted. And i'm serious here Wright still go lot of potential and did well in the AHL.

Listen all i' saying for god M F sake is player are not finished propoduct until 23+ and any coping before that is HABSolument stupid. That's all. And i don't even understand why it's being argued against that's F crazy.
If Michkov hits 60 as a rookie, do you really think it would be irrational for some Habs fans to feel like we missed out?

I think it's perfectly rational to feel that way even if I, personally, have made my peace with the possibility (and want Michkov to succeed regardless).

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
If Michkov hits 60 as a rookie, do you really think it would be irrational for some Habs fans to feel like we missed out?

I think it's perfectly rational to feel that way even if I, personally, have made my peace with the possibility (and want Michkov to succeed regardless).

Yes. Because Reinbacher could still become a Pietrangelo like dman and Michkov could remain a weak defensive forward. Let's give another 2 years to Reinbacher before panicking please.

Last edited:
Reactions: Miller Time

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Was listening to the Athletic hockey podcast and they were doing underrated and overrated team compared to their Vegas over/under lines. The first 3 teams they picked as underrated were the presidents trophy winning Rangers, the stanley cup winning Panthers, and first in the west Stars. All 3 teams made the third round last season. Real bold fellas...

After that they picked the Habs (great pick, obviously) then the Blackhawks, who they acknowledged had a line 21.5 points above where they finished last season, but they thought would have a greater improvement than 21.5 points.

Reactions: ReHabs

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Yes. Because Reinbacher could still become a Pietrangelo like dman and Michkov could remain a weak defensive forward. Let's give another 2 years to Reinbacher before panicking please.

You'd think that for anyone who follows the league closely, it would be obviously irrational to "feel like we missed out" on any player based on the first few years post draft.

I get the emotionality of it, we all get bursts of strong feelings when what we want right now is different than what is, but that's driven precisely by a lack of rationality.

If both MM & RB do solidify themselves as NHL regulars over the next few seasons, it still likely won't be until their mid 20s before we get a clear picture of their actualized NHL impact... Odds are as good or better that some other player picked after 4OA ends up better than both, those in a rush to feel bad about what we "missed" will almost always find what their looking for, perhaps that's where the logic lives lol

Reactions: LaP

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
You'd think that for anyone who follows the league closely, it would be obviously irrational to "feel like we missed out" on any player based on the first few years post draft.

I get the emotionality of it, we all get bursts of strong feelings when what we want right now is different than what is, but that's driven precisely by a lack of rationality.

If both MM & RB do solidify themselves as NHL regulars over the next few seasons, it still likely won't be until their mid 20s before we get a clear picture of their actualized NHL impact... Odds are as good or better that some other player picked after 4OA ends up better than both, those in a rush to feel bad about what we "missed" will almost always find what their looking for, perhaps that's where the logic lives lol
Yep after the 2021-22 season it looked like Zegras would be much better than some guys drafted before him like Byram, Cozens or Dach. Today it's not so sure anymore i would not bet my house on it.

Reactions: Miller Time

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yep after the 2021-22 season it looked like Zegras would be much better than some guys drafted before him like Byram, Cozens or Dach. Today it's not so sure anymore i would not bet my house on it.

It always reminds me of how insufferable this board was when Perron made the NHL before Pacioretty.

Perron had a great career, but Pacioretty was the far superior player. It just took Pacioretty longer to get there.

Getting there first doesn't mean you'll do the best with your career.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Why? Nothing has changed. He was trending towards 80+ pts until last season when he missed most of the season.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Reactions: Canadienna

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad