HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2024 Off-Season edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017

Briere predicting there will be fireworks between Torts and Michkov.
Crazy thing to say to the media.

Hasn’t Briere been overly honest since he came in as GM? Could be wrong, I can’t remember on top of my head but I feel like I already heard him say a bunch of wild stuff?

Either he needs more media training or he doesn’t give a damn and just says what he thinks.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Never happen has long as Bettman is there. He is a money guy first. If Canadian team fails it's going to states.
Bettman is there to do the dirty work & face wrath of public on behalf of ownership - for the last 30-years he’s done exactly what ownership has wanted which is why he’s been kept around

Reactions: Fenris

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

Briere predicting there will be fireworks between Torts and Michkov.
Crazy thing to say to the media.
One of two things will happen there, Torts gets fired or the kid goes back to Russia. I'm thinking that the first option is more likely. For whatever reason, Torts wont ever relinquish the title of being the leagues biggest Ahole and he continues to get fired because of it. He won a cup, great but that was 20 years ago.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
One of two things will happen there, Torts gets fired or the kid goes back to Russia. I'm thinking that the first option is more likely. For whatever reason, Torts wont ever relinquish the title of being the leagues biggest Ahole and he continues to get fired because of it. He won a cup, great but that was 20 years ago.
A match made in heaven. It's a good thing Sean Couturier is there to help keep a lid on things. :laugh:

Reactions: OldCraig71

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I'd say Torts despite his antics is still a good coach. He's the best dinosaur left.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I'd say Torts despite his antics is still a good coach. He's the best dinosaur left.
I'm afraid I have to disagree. He seems hell-bent on winning games 2-1 and having the perfect defensive/grinding game en route to victory. He despises creativity and offense/irresponsible play. He seems to be the type of coach who tries to fit every player into the same mold and demands it or else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad