HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2024 Off-Season edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Yes...yes, I remember. It was a Tuesday, I had just finished making fun of my wife. When I woke up from my brief coma. I could hear the game on in the background. The sound of the announcers voice as he described "The Deke". Is still to this day, a very fond memory.
This is extra funny since most of this story is probably true.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Not sure what you mean by bluff, they would have basically agreed to let go of Holloway and Broberg for a 2nd, 2x3rd and a prospect. Now they can bury the hatchet and move on.
So much for those that said offer sheets don't work. Blues get recent high pick for a late round pick.

Next year hope Habs take note. Oilers could get raided again as Drai no doubt breaks the bank. Come in minimum 13 million.

Bouchard due also. He'd look good on Habs roster. Around 10 million Oilers can't match. Habs with extra pics and plenty caproom. Can you see what I am cooking?

McDavid due to top Drai the next year. They need future cap for him. McDavid and Drai will make 30 between the two.

• Haha
Reactions: zeeto

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
Edmonton management really proved how incompetent they are by putting themselves in this position. While neither player they lost are anything special it's the fact they allowed themselves to be this vulnerable.
There's a cost to competing for the cup. You play tight to the cap and lose prospects. We will face similar situations. I don't see this particular outcome as a failure as much as a feature of cap-related market forces. Players will seek maximum rewards and that means putting hockey clubs into binds. We shouldn't forget that the cap makes salaries a zero sum game. Mediocre players will use any means necessary to increase their portion of the pie. Its not reasonable to expect they will fall in line out of loyalty.

Reactions: zeeto

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
So much for those that said offer sheets don't work. Blues get recent high pick for a late round pick.

Next year hope Habs take note. Oilers could get raided again as Drai no doubt breaks the bank. Come in minimum 13 million.

Bouchard due also. He'd look good on Habs roster. Around 10 million Oilers can't match. Habs with extra pics and plenty caproom. Can you see what I am cooking?

McDavid due to top Drai the next year. They need future cap for him. McDavid and Drai will make 30 between the two.

Bouchard @10M$ + 4*1st Rd picks???

Is this meant to be sarcasm?

• Haha
Reactions: Redux91 and zeeto

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Bouchard @10M$ + 4*1st Rd picks???

Is this meant to be sarcasm?
It's 2 firsts, a 2nd and 3rd @ 10 million. I think Montreal could make playoffs this season. Then adding Demidov, Reinbacher and another star with 20 million caproom. Likely be very late first we give up.

If Bouchard plays this season like last 2 playoffs he may blow past 10 though. Thereby closing this door.

I think Habs need stud right defense man to get cup contention. Dobson be more ideal though. But much harder to acquire. Maybe I am bias too much on RD. But I always liked a great defense.

Last edited:
Reactions: bsl

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
It's 2 firsts, a 2nd and 3rd @ 10 million. I think Montreal could make playoffs this season. Then adding Demidov, Reinbacher and another star with 20 million caproom. Likely be very late first we give up.

If Bouchard plays this season like last 2 playoffs he may blow past 10 though. Thereby closing this door.

I think Habs need stud right defense man to get cup contention. Dobson be more ideal though. But much harder to acquire. Maybe I am bias too much on RD. But I always liked a great defense.

Thanks for correcting the compensation ... Still far too much for Bouchard.

The last thing we need is to overpay a player whose production is vastly inflated by playing with two of the top forwards in the league... And who is an average defender at best.

I'd bet there is zero chance KH would even consider signing him as a UFA, let alone OS him

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

The last thing we need is to overpay a player whose production is vastly inflated by playing with two of the top forwards in the league... And who is an average defender at best.

I'd bet there is zero chance KH would even consider signing him as a UFA, let alone OS him
Bouchard plays better in playoffs. I like guys who perform over their heads under pressure. Why I mentioned his name. Cause pressure great here in Montreal. In playoffs he's probably better than Dobson.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
My guess is that he might have faked his injury to avoid getting bought-out by the Flyers?
But he'd still be getting paid the rest of his contract if he got bought out. However, if he faked it, he would lose all that money. Definitely something weird going on there.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008

Next year the oilers will have around 18.5 mil in cap space (not including if it goes up) and will have to fill 7 roster spots. Two of those are Leon and Bouchard. They are in cap hell, lol.

LD gets 13/14, Bouchard will ask for Nurse money.

Hope someone swoops in and make a huge RFA offer on Bouchard.

Window is closing big time in oil country. What a waste of CM and LD. Think MB was bad, jeez, holland screwed this org salary structure up beyond belief.

Reactions: Fenris and Runner77

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Bouchard plays better in playoffs. I like guys who perform over their heads under pressure. Why I mentioned his name. Cause pressure great here in Montreal. In playoffs he's probably better than Dobson.

Don't agree with that assessment at all.

But I can see how you'd be willing to give up that much for Bouchard if you think that highly of him...

WG

Sep 9, 2008

Depends on term, offer sheet comp is based on max 5 years. If offer sheet is 5 yr x 10M you are correct. 6 or 7 yr at 10M, the total contract/5 yrs gets you into 4 1sts territory.

Goalfield13

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
I like how the laffs' board is devoid of any G talk. I guarantee it will be the focus of discussions 2 months into the season. What a horrible situation for a supposed "contender."

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I like how the laffs' board is devoid of any G talk. I guarantee it will be the focus of discussions 2 months into the season. What a horrible situation for a supposed "contender."
The G talk is only start once Joseph Woll gets injured....which shouldn't be that long before the season start.

Reactions: Goalfield13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad