HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2024 Off-Season edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I'm not that BIG of a fan of Yager....but seeing that McGroarty wanted out. It was well known. In that case, the GM has his hands tied.....and you STILL got Yager out of it? Well congrats. Well done.
I was not a big fan before the memorial cup either but he was pretty solid in the memorial cup imo. Small sample size but i liked what i saw.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Good deal if for Yager straight up. I didn't like him at draft.

Been sweet if Habs got McGoarty. I'd offer Mesar and Miami pick.
Don't want to sound like a hater....but I'd be insanely surprise if Mesar has any kind of favorable value....

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Great deal for the Jets I hope it's a win for them.

Askarov next?
His strongest selling point is availability.
I'd really prefer that stop gap on RD until Reinbacher is ready to assume top line minutes.
With Savard going this season I think we still need that Big Brother type mentor for our kids.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He is about to start his 1st pro season in North America. You have to assume he has improved and gotten much stronger. I say we wait until Christmas to see how he handles the AHL before writing him off.

We actually get to give him 3 full years in the AHL to develop. He's no longer anything but a luxury for us if he pans out.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
We actually get to give him 3 full years in the AHL to develop. He's no longer anything but a luxury for us if he pans out.
Agreed. There is no rush, he may develop in the course of an entire year. I want to see him play. My problem with Mesar so far is pretty much the same I had with Ylonen, he doesn't seem to have an area on the ice where he makes a difference. But he may find a way with good coaching.

Reactions: Rapala and Tyson

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I wouldn't touch a young goalie who's not willing to spend time in the AHL. I mean, you're a goalie that's part of the process. Many of them even spend time in ECHL.
Yeah like maybe take an unheralded team to the Calder Cup before setting your sights higher. :sarcasm:
I'm not getting the fascination with Askarov. Something just isn't adding up.

Reactions: GrandBison

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I know, but that's the game. He's in AHL to play. He'll have his NHL time when he'll be waiver eligible. Nashville has an history of knowing what they do with young goalies.

He feels his next step is getting NHL games and Saros signed long term. He's trying to get into an organization where he can start.

It's no different than what McGroarty did.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad